• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The constitution of the united states of america. Trump wants to toss it into the trash can. Well my republican counterparts, thoughts?

Put simply. If he was to succeed in ditching the constitution, you'll lose your favorite 2nd A. No dictator can survive in a country that allows unlimited firearms in the hands of its citizens. That's something to think about, ha.
Oh I am not supporting him doing , this, at all.

Put simply. If he was to succeed in ditching the constitution, you'll lose your favorite 2nd A. No dictator can survive in a country that allows unlimited firearms in the hands of its citizens. That's something to think about, ha.
The right to bear arms doesn't depend upon the existence of the Constitution or the Second Amendment.

"Trump said something"
"Trump didn't say something"
"Here's a video of him saying something"
"I don't want to hear what Trump says I only want to hear what you say"
"Trump said something"
"Trump didn't say something"

And so on.

I have to agree with @Paradoxical. If you want to debate, make your point. Just posting links isn't debating, but being intellectually lazy. Make your point and reference links to back up your point if you like.

I have to agree with @Paradoxical. If you want to debate, make your point. Just posting links isn't debating, but being intellectually lazy. Make your point and reference links to back up your point if you like.
I bet it wouldn't take much time to find both of you demanding sources or evidence for claims, or providing such for claims of your own in a debate. This "lah lah lah I can't see the facts so I'm not wrong" attitude is blatantly obvious.

No, it is the exact opposite. Trump will not do anything to change the second because it is a handy tool to create fear among his supporters.

In 2019, Trump used the National Emergencies Act of 1976 to declare a national emergency on the southern border in order to get more funding to build more border wall. Trump was able to use the power of the purse to build more border wall since Congress didn't have the two-thirds vote to terminate his national emergency.

The Constitution only gives Congress the power of the purse.

Since 2019, Congress hasn't repealed and replaced that bad law.

If Trump becomes President again, he will very much likely use that law again for him to go around Congress to do what he wants to do. He will very likely rule as a dictator.

What Trump said below. Saying he wants to terminate the constitution is really a stretch. What do expect from those dumbasses at CNN.

“Do you throw the Presidential Election Results of 2020 OUT and declare the RIGHTFUL WINNER, or do you have a NEW ELECTION? A Massive Fraud of this type and magnitude allows for the termination of all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution,”
So just the fact that he lost the election was enough to justify terminating the Constitution for Trump but you think saying Trump wants to terminate the Constitution is a "stretch".LOL

Trump, in his sideways talk, has already stated his intent to rule as a despot on day one.

So all you folks who use the constitution as a weapon against your enemies, like women, blacks, gays, browns, asians, or any other human that is not a republican.
How do you support a person who wants the replace the constitution to his own liking? Sound good to you? How do you folks justify voting for trump knowing this?
^^^^
Projection

So all you folks who use the constitution as a weapon against your enemies, like women, blacks, gays, browns, asians, or any other human that is not a republican.

How do you support a person who wants the replace the constitution to his own liking? Sound good to you? How do you folks justify voting for trump knowing this?

Most of them are okay with it.

Need help with that strawman?

BTW, how do you feel about this guy who did circumvent the Constitution with multiple programs that were illegal (DACA, etc). Notice all these programs are being shut down as unconstitutional.

"I've got a pen, and I've got a phone."

Or how about Joe's student loan relief. Also 100% UNCONSTITUTIONAL.

Trump may talk a lot but the Democrats are the ones crapping all over the Constitution with their actions.

Not to mention Biden business loans to just black farmers, unconstitutional.

Not to mention Biden business loans to just black farmers, unconstitutional.

inorite?

That sounds exactly like Trump's plan to terminate "all rules, regulations, and articles, even those found in the Constitution"

Oranges to oranges as far as you can figure, yes?

Back
Top Bottom