• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Cold War ...

#1 is trying to save our asses from what industrialism and exploitation has done and continues to do to Earth's ecosystems.

and what is it do you think non- western countries offer on that score?

Reduction to the absurd fallacious argument.
No, it's the logical conclusion of your argument, and guess what? People will still kill each other.

Here's a logical argument. Call it absurd if you want.

Use the nukes. Overpopulation is what will destroy us. Kill off a few billion...hell...kill everyone but enough to sustain the species. That nuclear fallout's a bitch, though.

Better idea. Poison. There's some spider somewhere in Australia whose venom is poisonous only to hominids and one other species. Protect the other apes, and harvest the venom! Problem solved. No more USG. No more military. No more USA. No more humans. Yeah!

redirect-1731.jpg

No, it's the logical conclusion of your argument,

No, it's not. Not even close. In fact, what looks to be your argument is what's going to take humanity back to the Stone Age.

No, it's not. Not even close. In fact, what looks to be your argument is what's going to take humanity back to the Stone Age.
My argument was nonsense. It was mockery. The shirt should have been a dead giveaway.

All you're doing is bitching.

My argument was nonsense. It was mockery. The shirt should have been a dead giveaway.

All you're doing is bitching.

Would you like to discuss the Cold War leftovers that are closer than ever to turning into the hottest of wars, thereby testing the braindead theory of mutually assured destruction? Obviously you don't.

Straw man trolling is weak.

What kind of "Left-libertarian" is so gung ho about US militarism and so against an effective international justice system? A neoliberal or neoconservative bull:poop:er? I don't care. Their opinion and my opinion aren't going to stop the USG's mother****ing war machine.

I’d fully support an effective international justice system if you could ever show how one would work in practical reality.

Instead you ignore basic international relations and realpolitik. Countries naturally pursue their own interests and powerful nations will always subsume international organizations to advance those interests.

Back
Top Bottom