• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Clinton Legacy

Bill Clinton is a racist elitist swine. And his wife is too:
[video]http://www.weeklystandard.com/bill-clinton-black-lives-matter-protesters-are-defending-murders-and-drug-dealers/article/2001877[/video]

Let's not forget the racism against Obama in '08:

The second video is of her saying because "hard-working" white Americans don't support Obama he shouldn't be party nominee.

Bill Clinton is a racist elitist swine. And his wife is too:
[video]http://www.weeklystandard.com/bill-clinton-black-lives-matter-protesters-are-defending-murders-and-drug-dealers/article/2001877[/video]

Let's not forget the racism against Obama in '08:

The second video is of her saying because "hard-working" white Americans don't support Obama he shouldn't be party nominee.

Yeah, she makes mistakes at times...but she is going to make a fine president.

You'll see.

Well bill had 8 years as president while hilary was first lady, the she had 8 years as secrety of state so shes more experienced than any other candidate!

Well bill had 8 years as president while hilary was first lady, the she had 8 years as secrety of state so shes more experienced than any other candidate!

Yes, experienced in the art of deception. The sad part is how easily so many fall for it.

That "statistic" was smoke and mirrors. Government statistics like poverty/unemployment rates do not include the incarcerated.

Why would you include the incarcerated or those in an institution (such as nursing home or mental health care facility)? That a prisoner is not hired doesn't really tell us anything about the labor market because the prisoner can't be hired. That they have trouble getting hired after they leave prison is important.

This to me is the most important thing to be addressed in this election is Citizens United vs FEC. Our country is for sale and as we see more and more Chinese companies buying out US companies (G.E Appliance anyone) you start to see the bigger picture that now with citizens united we are going to allow foreign entities to contribute unlimited dollars to influence our politicians, laws and trade agreements.

Does this sound like it is in the best interest of our country? I don't care how much Hillary TALKS about how she is against it. Her actions speak VOLUMES that she is all about Wall st and their ability to wipe out all of the voting constituents dollar contributions to our election process with their bigger dollars. She is fine with corps influencing our trade agreements and fine with corp overseas tax loopholes open so that all the responsibilities of our gov fall directly on the middle classes back.

Money and politics being separated is the only solution. It's a fairy tale but put a election tax on everyones paycheck. Every candidate gets equal air, paper time and same advertising dollar amount. No private or corp money. Remove corps and people like the Koch brothers, Harold Simmons, Sheldon Anderson, Ken Griffen etc.. from influencing our elections. Make candidates run on a platform not special interests and corp money.

Like I said it's a fairy tale I know. But IMO it's the only thing that can really save this country from the greed that is causing the largest separation of wealth in America EVER.

Hillary Clinton?s Citizens United Opposition: Hypocrisy & Illogic

Last edited:
MY GUESS:

If you died and came back 100 years from now...you would not even recognize this country.

Our trajectory has always been to greater and greater diversity...and we continue on that path.

Some of us do not want to see it...some of us hope it doesn't happen. Some of us look forward to it and see it as the natural fulfillment of our nation heritage.

We are, on average, going to be much darker complected; much more Asian; and much more Latino. My guess is there will be a language known as American, composed of English, Spanish, and various Asian words (think Blade Runner.)

And my guess is the place will be as nice as it is now...or even nicer.

See Frank this is exactly what scares me. You've been trained to think all that matters in America is social causes and diversity while our country is being gutted from the inside out.

I see lots of problems with the internal workings of our gov/economy that have created a huge separation of wealth and we've all been driven to risky investments for a decade due to 0 interest rates. Propping up stock values by forcing middle america into stocks, a decade of free money, and 3 trillion dollars of tax money stolen from Americans to fund corps does not mean our country is doing well.

But you think this is rosey and things are great? Probably because your generation is the one who has sold out everyone behind you to protect your cushy way of life. I see HARD HARD times coming for gen x, y and millennials and their kids from then on. Who gives a FLYING F**K if we are more racially diverse when nobody has jobs?

P.S. the last part of the chart should say interest not intrate. And I feel like our current stock market should be between the 2 horizontal lines.

20 year DJIA chart.jpg

MY GUESS:

If you died and came back 100 years from now...you would not even recognize this country.

Our trajectory has always been to greater and greater diversity...and we continue on that path.

Some of us do not want to see it...some of us hope it doesn't happen. Some of us look forward to it and see it as the natural fulfillment of our nation heritage.

We are, on average, going to be much darker complected; much more Asian; and much more Latino. My guess is there will be a language known as American, composed of English, Spanish, and various Asian words (think Blade Runner.)

And just to be clear I have ZERO problem with diversity. The more unique our backgrounds are the more varied the perspectives can be to solve problems. I just see our country as having 50 years of social progress while the middle class has seen 35 straight years of being unrepresented and the foundation of their lives has been gutted (outsourcing, higher taxes, etc...) The American dream is disappearing quickly and that will be very evident after this next crash when the fed has no more cards and middle class american taxpayer refuses to foot the bill anymore to save corps bad business practices.

MY GUESS:

Yeah, she makes mistakes at times...but she is going to make a fine president.

You'll see.

She'd make a better inmate.

That is 16 years for Hillary to Bernie's 20+ years in Congress...

Why would you include the incarcerated or those in an institution (such as nursing home or mental health care facility)? That a prisoner is not hired doesn't really tell us anything about the labor market because the prisoner can't be hired. That they have trouble getting hired after they leave prison is important.

Think about what you are saying here. You are comparing people the elderly/mentally handicapped (who are incapable of working) to young black men. Without the harsh laws Clinton helped pass, that man convicted of drug possession could've been out of prison a lot sooner, working and contributing to society.

Think about what you are saying here. You are comparing people the elderly/mentally handicapped (who are incapable of working) to young black men. .
All prisoners are young black men? But no, I am comparing those who do not have free entry/exit to the labor force to those who do not have free entry/exit to the labor force. Those under 16 and those serving active duty military are not included in the population either. These groups..the young, the military, prisoners, and those in an institution, are all similar in that they cannot freely gain or lose employment and are subject to strong restrictions.

that man convicted of drug possession could've been out of prison a lot sooner, working and contributing to society.
And if a person wasn't insane and hospitalized, he would be out of the institution working and contributing. We're not measuring "could've"

All prisoners are young black men?

I did not say that. However, 1 in 3 black males will end up in prison while only 1 in 17 white males will. The punishment for crack possession/trade was 100xs the punishment for cocaine. The prison issue is clearly a race issue.

And if a person wasn't insane and hospitalized, he would be out of the institution working and contributing. We're not measuring "could've"

There is not much we can do for a mentally handicapped person depending on the severity of their handicap (some can work and do, while others cannot). However, our government's crime policies have no doubt hurt the African American community and have hurt their opportunities for employment.

I am comparing those who do not have free entry/exit to the labor force to those who do not have free entry/exit to the labor force. Those under 16 and those serving active duty military are not included in the population either. These groups..the young, the military, prisoners, and those in an institution, are all similar in that they cannot freely gain or lose employment and are subject to strong restrictions.

I am not saying employment stats should include the incarcerated. I was showing another poster how certain stats don't always present the whole picture.

800px-U.S._Employment_Changes_-_Total_Non-Farm_1970_to_Present.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_2000s_recession
Even after the early 2000s recession, the Clinton administration still had a net gain of 20 million new jobs.

OK. Good chart. But wouldn't the change in population size have an impact on this? The time pan of the chart is decades after all.
(just trying to ask an intelligent question here)

OK. Good chart. But wouldn't the change in population size have an impact on this? The time pan of the chart is decades after all.
(just trying to ask an intelligent question here)

Wouldn't there be population growth in all the decades shown? We know that unemployment rates hit lower levels than they had been in decades in the later part of the 90s.

census1.jpg

Wouldn't there be population growth in all the decades shown? We know that unemployment rates hit lower levels than they had been in decades in the later part of the 90s.

census1.jpg

Again, a good chart. Commendable sir. Still always growing, even if it's at a varying rate. So my assumption / question is spot on, in that the population of the nation is still on the increase, and yes, I can see how this would have an impact and affect on the employment number of your previous chart. Now, how much of an impact is a question as well.

Again, a good chart. Commendable sir. Still always growing, even if it's at a varying rate. So my assumption / question is spot on, in that the population of the nation is still on the increase, and yes, I can see how this would have an impact and affect on the employment number of your previous chart. Now, how much of an impact is a question as well.

Why wouldn't you just look at job creation and compare that to labor force participation rate. Labor force participation rates hit all time highs in the 90s as well:

labor-force-participation-rate-june-2015.png

Anyway you slice it, economic growth and job creation was greater in the 90s than it was in the decade before and after.

Why wouldn't you just look at job creation and compare that to labor force participation rate. Labor force participation rates hit all time highs in the 90s as well:

labor-force-participation-rate-june-2015.png

Anyway you slice it, economic growth and job creation was greater in the 90s than it was in the decade before and after.

Ahh, with great fondness I remember the 'go go 90's'. The irrational over exuberance of the dot com bubble, and on top of all that the Y2K scare which led just about every sizable business to spend like crazy on warm bodies to make sure that it was a non-event.

Doubtful that there'll be anything similar again in our lifetimes.

Ahh, with great fondness I remember the 'go go 90's'. The irrational over exuberance of the dot com bubble, and on top of all that the Y2K scare which led just about every sizable business to spend like crazy on warm bodies to make sure that it was a non-event.

Doubtful that there'll be anything similar again in our lifetimes.

That accounts for a some of it, but most of its due to the increases in productivity brought about by the IT revolution in the 90s. For example, an auto parts shop no longer had to look up their inventory in huge volumes that had to be constantly updated, but rather just hit a database from a serial console on the counter.

In many ways the IT revolution was as transformative as the Industrial Revolution. The problem is there simply isn't anything like it on the horizon and it could be decades before there is.

That accounts for a some of it, but most of its due to the increases in productivity brought about by the IT revolution in the 90s. For example, an auto parts shop no longer had to look up their inventory in huge volumes that had to be constantly updated, but rather just hit a database from a serial console on the counter.

In many ways the IT revolution was as transformative as the Industrial Revolution. The problem is there simply isn't anything like it on the horizon and it could be decades before there is.

Very true. And the IT revolution and it's impacts continues on to this day.

Who would have thought back in the day of the flip phone that everyone would be surfing social media on their phones with touch screens? Who would have thought back then that the next IT revolution was the mobile revolution? That businesses develop, write and deploy little programs which make interacting with them easier and more compelling on these little mobile devices?

Yeah, sure, the futurists foresaw some of these things, but the general public, businesses and their workforces are all adapting and innovating their way onto this new platform, and also maintaining and expanding their presence on the more traditional Internet / web platform as well.

All this hasn't come at some expense / cost. Formerly very stable lower skilled jobs have been displaced by the automation, and the reduction in the expense of procuring this automation enabled by the IT revolution, never to come back. So the workforce needs to adapt and innovate their way back onto the changed job landscape as well.

Who would have thought back in the day of the flip phone that everyone would be surfing social media on their phones with touch screens? Who would have thought back then that the next IT revolution was the mobile revolution? That businesses develop, write and deploy little programs which make interacting with them easier and more compelling on these little mobile devices?

Yeah, sure, the futurists foresaw some of these things, but the general public, businesses and their workforces are all adapting and innovating their way onto this new platform, and also maintaining and expanding their presence on the more traditional Internet / web platform as well.

All this hasn't come at some expense / cost. Formerly very stable lower skilled jobs have been displaced by the automation, and the reduction in the expense of procuring this automation enabled by the IT revolution, never to come back. So the workforce needs to adapt and innovate their way back onto the changed job landscape as well.

I don't disagree with that, but the impacts of smartphones on the economy are not nearly as great as the impact that moving inventories to databases was, the productivity improvements brought on by PCs at every employees desk and so on. The period between the late 80s and around 2000 or so is when all of this occurred and there is just nothing like that right now on the horizon which is why global growth hasn't been as strong since (bubbles notwithstanding).

IT improvements since then have been far more incremental. For example moving your email and sharepoint databases into the cloud is not nearly as revolutionary in terms of productivity as moving financials from paper ledgers to computers was.

I agree with that.

I think one way to start would be encouraging American workers to work for 65 cents an hour. We'd get all sorts of jobs back from Asia. Full employment would be almost no problem at all.

I don't disagree with that, but the impacts of smartphones on the economy are not nearly as great as the impact that moving inventories to databases was, the productivity improvements brought on by PCs at every employees desk and so on. The period between the late 80s and around 2000 or so is when all of this occurred and there is just nothing like that right now on the horizon which is why global growth hasn't been as strong since (bubbles notwithstanding).

IT improvements since then have been far more incremental. For example moving your email and sharepoint databases into the cloud is not nearly as revolutionary in terms of productivity as moving financials from paper ledgers to computers was.

I don't disagree with ally of your assessment here in the least.

But I was looking / thinking, and wanting to highlight a technology that pretty much everyone has in their pocket. Not everyone has an inventory database in their pocket :mrgreen:, and yet, with smartphones, their apps and the Internet, well, they kinda do now, don't they?

All pretty damn amazing stuff.

Back
Top Bottom