• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Clinton Legacy

I agree with that.

I think one way to start would be encouraging American workers to work for 65 cents an hour. We'd get all sorts of jobs back from Asia. Full employment would be almost no problem at all.

<*sigh*> Yes, Frank. We all know how dim and pessimistic your view of the future is.

<*sigh*> Yes, Frank. We all know how dim and pessimistic your view of the future is.

I am the optimist that optimists call optimistic, Eo.

I think life is going to be much, much, much easier and rewarding in the future.

All we need is the leadership that the progressives will furnish...and to put the regressives onto the trash pile of history.

I am the optimist that optimists call optimistic, Eo.

I think life is going to be much, much, much easier and rewarding in the future.

All we need is the leadership that the progressives will furnish...and to put the regressives onto the trash pile of history.

Hmm. I thought all the progressive ideology has already hoisted itself to the top of the trash heap.
I mean, where in the world has it been successful, on a longer term basis, with sound financial and fiscal footing?
Isn't it usually the case that progressives ideals and public policies work until they run out of other people's money?

And by the way, conservatives aren't 'regressive' as I believe you just called them.

Hmm. I thought all the progressive ideology has already hoisted itself to the top of the trash heap.
I mean, where in the world has it been successful, on a longer term basis, with sound financial and fiscal footing?
Isn't it usually the case that progressives ideals and public policies work until they run out of other people's money?

And by the way, conservatives aren't 'regressive' as I believe you just called them.

Hey Eo...we are not in agreement.

I just came home from a round of golf that was pitiful...so I'm just gonna say...

...howya doone?

And once again you have to take weigh the good against the bad. The 1994 crime bill did lead to an increase in incarceration, it also lead to huge drop in violent crime.

View attachment 67199941

A lot of people don't realize today how much safer cities are than they were 20 years ago. The difference in inner cities is night and day compared to how it was.

In the frenzy around crime in the 1990s the bill passed by a wide margin. Its effect on crime, though, is not at all clear. Looking at the addition of 100,000 police through the COPS program, research published in the leading criminology journal in 2007 concluded that “COPS spending had little or no impact on crime.” The authors suggest that while the funding allocation was substantial, it only amounted to less than 1% of overall police expenditures, and came with little oversight on crime prevention strategy.

President Clinton claims credit for the bill’s success in reducing crime, pointing to the substantial decline in recent years. But crime rates were already going down before the bill’s passage, in large part due to the waning of the crack cocaine epidemic and its associated violence in the late 1980s. Further, a comprehensive assessment of mass incarceration by the National Research Council in 2014 concluded that incarceration had some impact on crime, but its magnitude “was unlikely to have been large.”

https://www.themarshallproject.org/...d-the-myths-of-the-1994-crime-bill#.lEjpwjmCg

Once again, the Clintons enjoy strong support in the African American community because the Clinton presidency did a lot for the African American community.

The Clintons enjoy strong support among African Americans because the community is well known for being very loyal.

But not all African Americans are loyal to the Clintons. As you saw last week with BLM, some are quite opposed to Hillary's campaign.

And not all African Americans supported the 1994 Crime Bill. Many leaders opposed the legislation and proposed an alternative.

Back
Top Bottom