• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The CIA Just Declassified the Document That Supposedly Justified the Iraq Invasion

Re: The CIA Just Declassified the Document That Supposedly Justified the Iraq Invasio

This comes as no suprise. Incompetance in the post invasion was rife. Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Rice screwed the pooch. The debacle with the post invasion got thousands killed, MISMANAGEMENT of the highest degree. Thats what happens when ya elect a Frat Boy and surrond him with idologues. Shamefull!!

So you voted for an ideologue who surrounded himself with tax evaders and ideologues. Shameful.

Re: The CIA Just Declassified the Document That Supposedly Justified the Iraq Invasio

I don't have time to read all of it...

I always assumed that Bush just used wrong information to go into IRAQ and that he sought bad information. I never imagined that a president would literally lie to get us into war. I thought I was already a cynic, but apparently I'm not cynical enough. This actually makes Hillary Clinton look even worse since many senators had access to information that the public didn't but still chose to go to war anyway.

Also this means that Donald Trump was right and that Dubya literally lied about Iraq.

From what I have read in the report Bush probably was not lying. Also, the report does seem consistent with the reasoning for an invasion. Whether the invasion should have been delayed or not is another question.

The CIA Director tells the President it's a "slam dunk" that Iraq has WMD's, some report is printed in the press, and that makes GWB a war criminal?

There are persons that might profess to believe so.

The purpose declassifying this document is to distract the public from paying attention to Hillary's corruption.

But that's not what the CIA told Bush. From the declassified document:

"Estimate was approved for publication by the National Foreign Intelligence Board under the authority of the Director
of Central Intelligence. "

I am presently reading the report. Can you tell me, where some passages are that imply deceit and war crimes? The secondary article say Bush was bad, but in the primary text I have not found anything to support it.

This comes as no suprise. Incompetance in the post invasion was rife. Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, and Rice screwed the pooch. The debacle with the post invasion got thousands killed, MISMANAGEMENT of the highest degree. Thats what happens when ya elect a Frat Boy and surrond him with idologues. Shamefull!!

In 2002 Hillary claimed Sadaam Hussein was giving aid and comfort to Al Qaeda.

In 1998 Bill Clinton said Sadaam Hussein had spent the last 10 years building up his WMD program

And this....2008
U.S. removes 'yellowcake' from Iraq - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - Conflict in Iraq | NBC News

In 1998 Bill Clinton said Sadaam Hussein had spent the last 10 years building up his WMD program

And this....2008
U.S. removes 'yellowcake' from Iraq - World news - Mideast/N. Africa - Conflict in Iraq | NBC News

I see you conviently left out any Republicans, guess it was all those Dems fault ya? Stop being a political hack

The purpose declassifying this document is to distract the public from paying attention to Hillary's corruption.

Peer into your orb and see if there is any outside documentations to support your theory.:2wave:

And how many are killed in North Korea yearly?

It was for oil, plain and simple, so come up with something else ok. I did not see US intervention in Rwanda when they were killing each other.
You see, that is clearly the difference. BJClinton allowed NK to get nukes. If anything was to be done about that, should have been before, now we can do nothing but wait for them to pull the trigger one day.

So, final estimate, just how much oil did we get out of Iraq? If its that plain and simple, that should just plainly simply be answerable, eh?

remember it was the bush's to help the dmocrats to destroy the middle class so a few rich can get richer with pushing thru nafta and gatt this is why big oil candidates like cruz are against trump who will stop this

And you believe that Trump will "stop" the destruction of the middle class by lowering his taxes? Haven't we tried that before?

You see, that is clearly the difference. BJClinton allowed NK to get nukes. If anything was to be done about that, should have been before, now we can do nothing but wait for them to pull the trigger one day.

So, final estimate, just how much oil did we get out of Iraq? If its that plain and simple, that should just plainly simply be answerable, eh?

Wrong, and laughably so. Historical literacy is a good thing.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...tory-lesson-on-the-north-korean-nuclear-deal/

in a global economy, pointing out we import our oil closer to home shows you have little understanding of the dynamics at play here.
I don't think that is what he was pointing out at all. If it were all for oil, what did we get out of it...? Its a pretty simple question and the implication comes from the OP.

WHERE IS THE BENEFIT TO US THAT IS BEING PROMULGATED AS THE SOLE REASON FOR WAR? There, that should be plain enough.

And yes, that does make George W. Bush a war criminal.

Article is here.

And a copy of the actual declassified document is here.

Did you even read the NIE? It matches what the Bush Administration said and all you need to do is read the "key judgements" to verify this.

That article from 2015 didn't make a splash in the main stream news media because it cherry picked exactly what it needed and took things out of context in order to call Bush a war criminal. If Vice News had been even slightly accurate in their assessment, the big 3 would have jumped all over it.

Brits have their own inquiry and the results will be out 6 Jul.
Bush & Blair lied their asses of.

Tony Blair faces calls for impeachment on release of Chilcot report | Politics | The Guardian

Released tomorrow.
When is the Chilcot report published - and what will be in it? The 2.6million-word Iraq War inquiry explained - Mirror Online

The inquiry by Sir John Chilcot into the Iraq War will deliver its report at 11am on Wednesday, July 6.

Sir John will give a short statement to journalists in Westminster and the report will be published in full - all 12 massive volumes of it - when he finishes.

This is expected to be just after 11.15am. It'll be available free online but hard copies are so big they'll cost £767 each.

David Cameron will then give a statement in the House of Commons, followed by Jeremy Corbyn , at 12.30pm straight after Prime Minister's Questions.

And this....2008

Why dont you fact xheck your sources first.

Uranium in Iraq

I know it does not fit into your RWNJ political views. Your head will explode tomorrow when the UK inquiry is released. Why is it when iraqi is discussed your first line is always to dodge the truth about what your boy did to get us into war? Are you that much in denial or a paid GOP hack?

Last edited:

Why dont you fact xheck your sources first.

Uranium in Iraq

I know it does not fit into your RWNJ political views. Your head will explode tomorrow when the UK inquiry is released

Lol....

When exactly was 550 metric tons of Yellow Cake uranium " secure "

Before or after Sadaam kicked out all the UN inspectors ?

And what about Hillary Clintons assertions that Sadaam Hussien was giving aide and comfort to Al Qaeda?

Bill Clinton claimed in 1998 that Sadaam Hussein had spent the last 10 years building up his WMD program

4 years later his Wife claimed Sadaam had been giving aide and comfort to Al Qaeda

So if " Bush lied " so did numerous Democrats including John Kerry

Lol....

When exactly was 550 metric tons of Yellow Cake uranium " secure "

Before or after Sadaam kicked out all the UN inspectors ?

And what about Hillary Clintons assertions that Sadaam Hussien was giving aide and comfort to Al Qaeda?

Excuse me why i celebrate Mrs Clinton being cleared if TRUMPED up charges

Can you say Madam Pres?

Has a nice ring doesnt it?

As for the yellow cake, you never read the fact check artivle did you? That answers your question.

Can you say Madam Pres?

As for the yellow cake, you never read the fact check artivle did you? That answers your question.

Yea, your " Fact Checker " ask the question, did the US find Yellow Cake Uranium in Iraq

then its answers the question with a resounding " No " ....Lol !!!

So NBC lied when it said the US Airforce flew Yellow Cake out if Iraq in 2008 ?

And if it was so " secure ", why not just leave it there ?

As for Hillary being cleared of all charges ? Celebrate her idiot husbands meeting with Lorreta Lynch.

People thought the Clinton's were corrupt before

I don't think that is what he was pointing out at all. If it were all for oil, what did we get out of it...? Its a pretty simple question and the implication comes from the OP.

WHERE IS THE BENEFIT TO US THAT IS BEING PROMULGATED AS THE SOLE REASON FOR WAR? There, that should be plain enough.

what do we get sticking a stake in the heart of OPEC?

cheaper oil from local sources obviously.

Peer into your orb and see if there is any outside documentations to support your theory.:2wave:

You assume that's necessary. It's politics, there doesn't need to be anything to support it.

Can you say Madam Pres?

Yup,

You publicly support corruption and incompetence

Go celebrate

Yup,

Go celebrate

You twist it any way you want

Again, fact check says your claim is BS, do you need it dumbed down to understand ?

Yup,

Go celebrate

Would you like the links to the UK commission report on Iraqi? Best hang on tight

Regardless if Bush was justified or not to invade Iraq, he and his cronies should have known that Saddam was the only thing stopping the various sects from killing each other. Obama should have used a little foresight also, instead of leaving a huge vacuum for every war lord in the Middle East to waltz right into..

Back
Top Bottom