• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The CIA Just Declassified the Document That Supposedly Justified the Iraq Invasion

Re: The CIA Just Declassified the Document That Supposedly Justified the Iraq Invasio

Poor deflect from what was the Frat boy and chief and the incompetance that was Bush2. You can pretend 2000-2008 did not happen, the rest of us, especially those that were there in uniform. It sucked, just like the last GOP Pres!!

I bet you won't find a single soldier anywhere that won't admit that going to war sucks, but that's neither here, nor there.

It doesn't change the fact that Bush didn't break any laws, as has been claimed.

Re: The CIA Just Declassified the Document That Supposedly Justified the Iraq Invasio

You do realize we get most of our oil from Canada right?

And that has 0 to do with subject

Stay on topic

so does that mean OPEC production has no effect on us? you might want to reconsider the relevance of your reply.

Saying its "all about the oil" when we got our oil from countries other then Iraq(and still do) is silly.

I bet you won't find a single soldier anywhere that won't admit that going to war sucks, but that's neither here, nor there.

It doesn't change the fact that Bush didn't break any laws, as has been claimed.

No it sucks when poor planning by the admin got so many killed, explain that incompetance?

And that has 0 to do with subject

Stay on topic

It has everything to do with the topic. Saying its all about the oil when we get most of our oil from non Iraqi sources is silly

Saying its "all about the oil" when we got our oil from countries other then Iraq(and still do) is silly.

in a global economy, pointing out we import our oil closer to home shows you have little understanding of the dynamics at play here.

It has everything to do with the topic. Saying its all about the oil when we get most of our oil from non Iraqi sources is silly

Nothing to do with iraqi. Start your own thread

No it sucks when poor planning by the admin got so many killed, explain that incompetance?

The administration's mistake was to prosecute the war in a restrained fashion. I blame the, "we shouldn't be there", liberals as much as I do the Bush administration.

The administration's mistake was to prosecute the war in a restrained fashion. I blame the, "we shouldn't be there", liberals as much as I do the Bush administration.

going to war was mistake #1, Obama and the liberals capitalized off of Americans strong desire to not wage a ground war. Bush and the neocons own all the bad that has happened under Obama's lead for that reason

Number 2 mistake was not having a strong enough force after the initial win to maintain order.

Bush will go down as one of the worst presidents in quite some time. he was horrible

going to war was mistake #1, Obama and the liberals capitalized off of Americans strong desire to not wage a ground war. Bush and the neocons own all the bad that has happened under Obama's lead for that reason

Number 2 mistake was not having a strong enough force after the initial win to maintain order.

Bush will go down as one of the worst presidents in quite some time. he was horrible

Ditto on #2

It was not a liberal doing a victory lap on the aircraft carrier claiming mission accomplished, what a tool the man is, totally incompetant as far as Iraqi, yet no one is held accountable.

Ditto on #2

It was not a liberal doing a victory lap on the aircraft carrier claiming mission accomplished, what a tool the man is, totally incompetant as far as Iraqi, yet no one is held accountable.

exactly. Bush was more interested in looking like he had things under control. just as Obama and Clinton tried to do with the Benghazi nonsense. no accountability for making horrible mistakes by either party

The force was large enough, but it wasn't applied properly. The mistake was to not institute martial law from the git-go and maintain that total control until the reins could be slackened.

Ditto on #2

But, what law did Bush violate?

exactly. Bush was more interested in looking like he had things under control. just as Obama and Clinton tried to do with the Benghazi nonsense. no accountability for making horrible mistakes by either party

Ah Clinton was investigated over Benghazi, several times, just because she was not held accountable does not detract from the fact that she has been racked over the coals for it, were any of the Bush2 folks looked at with such scrutiny? Or do they get a free pass as its a republican congress?

Which law did Clinton break in regards to Benghazi? Didnt stop the GOP and there endless commitees did it, its about being held accountable for incompetance when lives are lost.

Which law did Clinton break in regards to Benghazi? Didnt stop the GOP and there endless commitees did it,

I didn't say she broke any law, however, it's been declared that Bush is a war criminal. If so, what law did he violate?

I didn't say she broke any law, however, it's been declared that Bush is a war criminal. If so, what law did he violate?

Here ya go, i gots lot more on why the Bush gang broke international law, we could on, i can forward you the UK commission report into the war, its an eye opener!! NEGLIGENCE of the highest degree. Guess i will be waiting a long time for a GoP congress to do there own investigation.

George W. Bush’s Impeachable Offenses: Newsroom: The Independent Institute

I don't know. Do we arrest people before they commit crimes because we think they might someday?

That depends. Let's say you have a felon who...I don't know...gassed a bunch of Kurds! Now, that felon, having been taken to task once before, is found ramping up his chem and bio weapon programs. Do you wait until he gasses some more people or do you take him out?

I'll give you a hint. If you've got a drug dealer who is on parole and you find him with drugs you don't have to wait until he sells them to someone before you can bust him again.

That depends. Let's say you have a felon who...I don't know...gassed a bunch of Kurds! Now, that felon, having been taken to task once before, is found ramping up his chem and bio weapon programs. Do you wait until he gasses some more people or do you take him out?

I'll give you a hint. If you've got a drug dealer who is on parole and you find him with drugs you don't have to wait until he sells them to someone before you can bust him again.

Yeah, but that drug dealer is in your country, subject to your laws. What Saddam did was horrible but not more so than others. Difference is, he started accepting Euros for oil, instead of American bucks. That made everything else academic.

I don't have time to read all of it...

I always assumed that Bush just used wrong information to go into IRAQ and that he sought bad information. I never imagined that a president would literally lie to get us into war. I thought I was already a cynic, but apparently I'm not cynical enough. This actually makes Hillary Clinton look even worse since many senators had access to information that the public didn't but still chose to go to war anyway.

Also this means that Donald Trump was right and that Dubya literally lied about Iraq.

Actually, no...the 2004 "Senate Report on Iraqi WMD Intelligence" found that the Bush administration and the IC had misled congress, too.

"...Most of the major key judgments in the Intelligence Community’s October 2002 National Intelligence Estimate (NIE), Iraq’s Continuing Programs for Weapons of Mass Destruction, either overstated, or were not supported by, the underlying intelligence reporting. A series of failures, particularly in analytic trade craft, led to the mischaracterization of the intelligence...."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senate_Report_on_Pre-war_Intelligence_on_Iraq

When are the American masses going to grow up and realize that major politicians lie CONSTANTLY.

How can people in 2016 be so staggeringly naive?

It should be ridiculously obvious, IMO, that you assume every politician (especially major ones) are ALWAYS lying unless they can prove otherwise.

In this case, they are guilty (of lying) until they are proven innocent. That goes for all politicians - no matter which party they are with.

Trusting a politician is for suckers.

Bush broke many laws..

1. Politicization of the Department of Justice

2. Detention, Enhanced Interrogation, Ghosting and Black Sites

3. Extraordinary Rendition

4. Warrantless Domestic Surveillance on US citizens, National Security and Exigent Letters

5. Presidential Signing Statements

6. The Leak of Valerie Plame Wilson’s Covert CIA Identity

7. Executive Privilege, Secrecy, and the Manipulation of Intelligence​

When are the American masses going to grow up and realize that major politicians lie CONSTANTLY.

How can people in 2016 be so staggeringly naive?

It should be ridiculously obvious, IMO, that you assume every politician (especially major ones) are ALWAYS lying unless they can prove otherwise.

In this case, they are guilty (of lying) until they are proven innocent. That goes for all politicians - no matter which party they are with.

Trusting a politician is for suckers.
If they were a business, they'd all be sued for false advertising the minute they were elected.

Ah Clinton was investigated over Benghazi, several times, just because she was not held accountable does not detract from the fact that she has been racked over the coals for it, were any of the Bush2 folks looked at with such scrutiny? Or do they get a free pass as its a republican congress?

I'm talking about Obama and Clinton claiming they had a handle on the war on terror because of election nonsense right up tot he point it was proven they did not.

obfuscation during an election cycle is not illegal, nor is lying while not under oath

Back
Top Bottom