• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The Bible Survived Attempts to Alter Its Message...

That's just one book.
There's more. The entire premise of the thread is bunk.
The Bible is perhaps the most abused and retreaded set of texts in recorded history.
At least a half dozen potentates had biblical texts reinterpreted, edited or entirely removed to suit their political agendas.

This is crap^

These so-called lost books were not included in the Bible for several reasons. They lacked apostolic or prophetic authorship; they did not claim to be the Word of God; they contain unbiblical concepts such as prayer for the dead in 2 Macc. 12:45-46 or have some serious historical inaccuracies. These books were never authoritative, inspired, or authentically written by either the Jewish Prophets or the Christian Apostles.

Nevertheless, in spite of these problems, the Roman Catholic church has added certain books to the canon of scripture. In 1546, largely due in response to the Reformation, the Roman Catholic church authorized several more books as scripture known as the Apocrypha. The word Apocrypha means hidden. It is used in a general sense to describe a list of books written by Jews between 300 and 100 B.C. More specifically, it is used of the 7 additional books accepted by the Catholic church as being inspired. The entire list of books of the Apocrypha are: 1 and 2 Esdras, Tobit, Judith, the Rest of Esther, the Wisdom of Solomon, Sirach, (also titled Ecclesiasticus), Baruch, The Letter of Jeremiah, Song of the Three Young Men, Susanna, Bel and the Dragon, The Additions to Daniel, The Prayer of Manasseh, and 1 and 2 Maccabees. The books accepted as inspired and included in the Catholic Bible are Tobit, Judith, 1 and 2 Maccabees Wisdom of Solomon Sirach (also known as Ecclesiasticus), and Baruch.

The Pseudepigraphal books are "false writings." They are a collection of early Jewish and "Christian" writings composed between 200 BC and AD 200. However, they, too, were known and were never considered scripture. A list of these would be the Epistle of Barnabas, The First Epistle of Clement to the Corinthians, The Second Epistle of Clement to the Corinthians, The letter of the Smyrnaeans or the Martyrdom of Polycarp, The Shepherd of Hermas, The Book of Enoch, The Gospel of Thomas (140-170 AD), The Psalms of Solomon, The Odes of Solomon, The Testaments of the Twelve Patriarchs, Second Baruch, Third Baruch, The Books of Adam and Eve.

The Deuterocanonical (Apocrypha) books are those books that were included in the Greek Septuagint (LXX) but not included in the Hebrew Bible. The recognized deuterocanonical books are First Esdras (150-100 BC), Second Esdras (100 AD), Tobit (200 BC), Judith (150 BC), the Additions to Esther (140-130 BC), the Wisdom of Solomon (30 BC), Ecclesiasticus (Sirach) (132 BC), Baruch (150-50 BC), The Letter of Jeremiah (300-100 BC), Susanna (200-0 BC), Bel and the Dragon (100 BC), the Additions to Daniel (Prayer of Azariah) (200-0 BC), the Prayer of Manasseh (100-0 BC), First Maccabees (110 BC), and Second Maccabees (110-170 BC).1

These pseudepigraphical and deuterocanonical books were never considered scripture by the Christian church because they were not authoritative, inspired, written by either Prophets or Apostles; nor do they have the power of the word of the books of the existing Bible.

It wasn't the Vatican removing "14 Books", it was Martin Luther and other Protestant theologians in the following years.
Source for your claim?

Again...this thread is NOT about my version...
Should I explain your No True Scotsman fallacy? Your version is not true just because you have decide it is or you were brought up JW.

Thanks for proving my point. All of the change references in your source were decisions made by man.

That didn't prove your point, I don't know if you know what your point is.

Should I explain your No True Scotsman fallacy? Your version is not true just because you have decide it is or you were brought up JW.
Should I make it even more clear to you...never said it did...fail again...

Should I make it even more clear to you...never said it did...fail again...
You just dont get it. You are so immersed in your relgion you cannot see the stance of someone else, be it another religion or non-believers.

You just dont get it. You are so immersed in your relgion you cannot see the stance of someone else, be it another religion or non-believers.
No, you just don't get it...read the OP and try to comprehend the info, if you can...it has nothing do with JW's and everything to do with the Bible in general...

No, you just don't get it...read the OP and try to comprehend the info, if you can...it has nothing do with JW's and everything to do with the Bible in general...
Try again to be evasive. It is abut the Bible and the supposed existential threat to the bible from mistranstlaion by other sects.

THE THREAT: External threats such as decay and opposition have not destroyed the Bible. Yet, some copyists and translators have attempted to alter the Bible’s message. At times, they have tried to make the Bible conform to their doctrines rather than conform their doctrines to the Bible. Consider some examples:

Try again to be evasive. It is abut the Bible and the supposed existential threat to the bible from mistranstlaion by other sects.
Um no...it's not...

badd65838bd0c80946c759638c0afdc7.jpg

Wrong again, unlike you, I know what God's Word tells me...

Yeah - like, "filtered" through Jehovah's Witnesses? :ROFLMAO:
That's not God's Words anymore.

"It is Jehovah your God you must worship,"

EXACTLY!

So.......................why did Jesus accept all those worship, without rebuking or correcting them?
Why was The Father pleased with Him, even though Jesus was being worshipped, and Jesus was accepting those worships?
Lol - instead of God's wrath for such kind of idolatry, and damning all those who worshipped Christ.................................. they're saved!

I gave you all the instances that Jesus was worshipped! Why didn't He correct them?
Why did He let them think it's okay to worship Him?

Because................................He is Jehovah, in human form!

Your faith doesn't make any sense!
You're saying one thing but you're actually doing another!
You say it is Jehovah your God that we must worship, and yet you follow someone like Jesus Christ!
You say it is only to God that we render sacred service, and yet you serve Jesus Christ proselytizing as His disciple.

Lol - if you believe Jesus isn't God - that He is the Archangel Michael - then you are wilfully doing something you believe should not be done.
If you believe idolatry is sinful, but you do it anyway - then, you're wilfully going against the Command of God!

If you believe Jesus is not God - that He contradicts what He teaches - why do you believe in Jesus Christ?

Last edited:
"It is Jehovah your God you must worship,"

You believe Jesus is an angel. Why on earth then, do you wilfully worship an angel?

Colossians 2:18
Let no one keep defrauding you of your prize by delighting in self-abasement
and the worship of the angels, taking his stand on visions he has seen, inflated without cause by his fleshly mind,

Rev 22:8-9
I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I heard and saw, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who showed me these things.

But he *said to me, “Do not do that. I am a fellow servant of yours and of your brethren the prophets and of those who heed the words of this book. Worship God.”

You believe Jesus is just another creation, why one earth do you wilfully worship and serve a creature?

Romans 1:25
For they exchanged the truth of God for a lie, and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever. Amen.

"Then Jesus said to him: “Go away, Satan! For it is written: ‘It is Jehovah your God you must worship,+ and it is to him alone you must render sacred service.’” Matthew 4:10

You may know him as Satan" or the "devil," but let's not forget.................................................SATAN WAS AN ANGEL!

Why do you serve Jesus Christ whom you believe to be an angel?

Impossible...
1. there were men standing guard at his tomb for 3 days...

2. when he was resurrected, if Jesus had taken back his human body of flesh and blood, which had been given in sacrifice to pay the ransom price, that ransom would have been cancelled out...

The Bible *says* there were guards on the tomb. We have no way of knowing if there were or not.

History is secular and generally can be proven. The Bible on the other hand, can NOT be generally proven.

You keep making yourself sound foolish. The only "proof" needed about the Bible is that it exists. You don't have to like it.

You keep making yourself sound foolish. The only "proof" needed about the Bible is that it exists. You don't have to like it.
I admit the Bible exists, I just say you should look for it in the fiction section.

I admit the Bible exists, I just say you should look for it in the fiction section.

I dont care what you say. So far you haven't been very accurate.

Back
Top Bottom