• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The bi-partisan effort to take down Nina Turner

Biden has virtually universal approval among Democrats.

May be easier to win a Dem primary if you find a candidate that doesn't hate Dems. Food for thought for next time.
I think getting ultimately outspent (or at a bare minimum about evenly spent; we'll see exactly when the dust settles on the next report) by the cumulative smears of Democratic Majority for Israel, Republicans and pro-Trump donors and the Third Way has infinitely more to do with this outcome than Nina Turner speaking truth to power.

Again, Shontel is literally facing a felony probe for tens of millions in corruption (which the campaign did not speak to, and the charges of which neither it nor Shontel denied); I suppose the real take away is that immersing yourself in felonious conflicts of interest to the tune of millions and demonstrating a willingness to legislate on the basis of personal relationships is no obstacle to electoral success when you have the right kind of PAC and special interest backing. It's a shame the cumulative resources of so many establishment and pro-Israel voices drowned out Nina's by sheer weight of money and aggressive smears at the end; best democracy money can buy folks.

Have to give kudos to the DMI despite my complete disdain for them; they were by far the single biggest factor in Shontel's unearned success:

1628046417120.png

Have fun losing to Republicans for the next decade assholes! What did you progressives really expect from a party that elevates people like Andrew Yang who think we should treat the mentally ill like loose zoo animals, or groping womanizing pieces of shit like Bill Clinton and that other Andrew?

This country is an embarrassment to humanity.

I think getting ultimately outspent (or at a bare minimum about evenly spent; we'll see exactly when the dust settles on the next report) by the cumulative smears of Democratic Majority for Israel, Republicans and pro-Trump donors and the Third Way has infinitely more to do with this outcome than Nina Turner speaking truth to power.

Again, Shontel is literally facing a felony probe for tens of millions in corruption (which the campaign did not speak to, and the charges of which neither it nor Shontel denied); I suppose the real take away is that immersing yourself in felonious conflicts of interest to the tune of millions and demonstrating a willingness to legislate on the basis of personal relationships is no obstacle to electoral success when you have the right kind of PAC and special interest backing. It's a shame the cumulative resources of so many establishment and pro-Israel voices drowned out Nina's by sheer weight of money and aggressive smears at the end; best democracy money can buy folks.

Have to give kudos to the DMI despite my complete disdain for them; they were by far the single biggest factor in Shontel's unearned success:

View attachment 67346078
Lol. No. It boiled down to a Democratic Party Chair vs a co-chair of Bernie’s failed 2020 campaign. The choice for the Democratic kingmakers was obvious.

Sadly, Hillary, the DNC and their donors, and Clyburn got their corporatist candidate a victory over the excellent progressive. The Democratic Party showing how flawed it is.

The inJustice Democrat/GOP effort to take down Biden and give the House and Senate to the GOP will continue through the 2022 elections, giving us Jim Jordan as House Judiciary Chair in 2023 just for starters.

nina turner is a bomb-throwing communist that makes the squad look conservative. turner and her ilk will continue to piss off and scare off moderate Biden and suburban voters, playing into the GOP’s cultural war since nixon’s southern strategy.

Lol. No. It boiled down to a Democratic Party Chair vs a co-chair of Bernie’s failed 2020 campaign. The choice for the Democratic kingmakers was obvious.
It actually boiled down to Israel and the candidate its special interest groups perceived as being unconditionally supportive of the country and willing to continue its pork despite a litany of heinous and ongoing war crimes and apartheid domestic politics; the $ and its sourcing doesn't lie. Without the generous multi-million dollar support of the lobby, and its attack dog ads, particularly at the 11th hour, it's extremely doubtful whether this would have been a Brown victory.

Also, on the subject of Shontel being a DPC, she had no business holding the position while in the primary; a painfully obvious conflict of interest (something she's no stranger to): https://www.cleveland.com/opinion/2...s-cuyahoga-county-democratic-party-chair.html

Biden has virtually universal approval among Democrats.

May be easier to win a Dem primary if you find a candidate that doesn't hate Dems. Food for thought for next time.

So the establishment can hate and lie about progressives, but progressives can't fight back. Got it.

Hey, at least you won. Now you have another corrupt, moderate, right-wing backed Dem to celebrate doing absolutely nothing to improve the lives of people.

Dem establishment didn't want Nina Turner because they didn't want to be accountable, similar to how Cory Bush absolutely humiliated Biden and Pelosi by drawing attention to the eviction ban lift. Nina Turner would have been that on steroids, so the establishment successfully tanked her candidacy at great detriment to the American people.

The inJustice Democrat/GOP effort to take down Biden and give the House and Senate to the GOP will continue through the 2022 elections, giving us Jim Jordan as House Judiciary Chair in 2023 just for starters.

nina turner is a bomb-throwing communist that makes the squad look conservative. turner and her ilk will continue to piss off and scare off moderate Biden and suburban voters, playing into the GOP’s cultural war since nixon’s southern strategy.

Did you disagree with Cory Bush almost single-handedly preventing the eviction ban from being lifted? I know it greatly embarrassed Biden and the corporate Dems, who take money from the people invested in lifting the eviction ban.

I mean, what exactly is it about these people that upset you, besides the fact they hold corporate Dems accountable to their promises?

I don’t have enough middle fingers for those leftists who voted against Gore and Clinton. I despise you more than trumpQins. Enjoy permanent GOP control for the next 30 years beginning in 2025. You own it ...

I don’t have enough middle fingers for those leftists who voted against Gore and Clinton. I despise you more than trumpQins. Enjoy permanent GOP control for the next 30 years beginning in 2025. You own it ...

No, you own it. Just like you own 2016. More Bernie supporters voted for CLINTON than Clinton supporters voted for Obama in 2008.

Also, thanks to Manchin and Sinema -- and like 8-10 other moderate Dems -- Biden's agenda is effectively dead. Not that Biden was ever truly invested in it. It's the corporate-backed moderate agenda that loses elections, and its part of why Obama got 'shellacked' in the 2010 midterms. You can't blame that on Bernie or progressives, can you?

Anyways, time for Biden to lie yet again about being unable to do ANYTHING because the Supreme Court preemptively stopped him. Just like he lied about being unable to cancel student debt.

So the establishment can hate and lie about progressives, but progressives can't fight back. Got it.

The people you’re wooing in a Dem primary, Dem voters, have no trouble figuring out if Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden is better than Donald Trump. They don’t share the horseshoe left’s obsession with destroying the Democratic Party and demonizing its most popular figures.

The people you’re wooing in a Dem primary, Dem voters, have no trouble figuring out if Hillary Clinton or Joe Biden is better than Donald Trump. They don’t share the horseshoe left’s obsession with destroying the Democratic Party and demonizing its most popular figures.

The reason Trump won is because of the failures of establishment politicians like Hillary Clinton and Joe Biden. That you don't get that means that you're part of the problem. Let me know how Shontel's corruption investigation goes.

Whoa, save the Dem-bashing for the next Dem primary!

I care about policy, not protecting corrupt establishment Dems. That's the difference between your politics and mine. I care about people, not cult of personalities and Blue MAGA.

I care about policy, not protecting corrupt establishment Dems. That's the difference between your politics and mine. I care about people, not cult of personalities and Blue MAGA.

Bizarre claims from the horseshoe left, most noted for its personality cult politics and disinterest in ever advancing policy.

Bizarre claims from the horseshoe left, most noted for its personality cult politics and disinterest in ever advancing policy.

Where are the moderate Dems on any substantial policy? Where have they been for the past ~30 years? Why hasn't anything been done?

Funny that Hillary/Biden/Cuomo flunkies think Bernie is a cult of personality. :LOL:

Where are the moderate Dems on any substantial policy? Where have they been for the past ~30 years? Why hasn't anything been done?

Funny that Hillary/Biden/Cuomo flunkies think Bernie is a cult of personality. :LOL:
Bernie has been in Congress for 30 years and hasn’t produced any substantive legislation of his own. He’s had the same platform for 30 years because he never actually solves anything. He’s indicative of the problem with progressives.

They don’t successfully make the transition from activists with cute slogans and high level demands to legislators responsible for delivering on the issues. So they spend their careers riding on the coattails of establishment Democrats and co-sponsoring whatever their peers produce.

Bernie has been in Congress for 30 years and hasn’t produced any substantive legislation of his own. He’s had the same platform for 30 years because he never actually solves anything. He’s indicative of the problem with progressives.

They don’t successfully make the transition from activists with cute slogans and high level demands to legislators responsible for delivering on the issues. So they spend their careers riding on the coattails of establishment Democrats and co-sponsoring whatever their peers produce.

There has been no significant coalition of progressives in the legislative process, sherlock. Bernie is just one man.

Meanwhile, here is the poster child of moderate Democrats giving the standard response to any substantive policy progress:

30PilhA.gif

Where are the moderate Dems on any substantial policy?

I know extending coverage to 30 million Americans isn't as "substantial" to the horseshoe left as protesting AOC for not engaging in more theatrics to light up Twitter, but you can find folks on this very forum whose lives have massively changed for the better thanks to that coverage.

Pretty much affirming what I've always said. Centrist do-nothing dems hate the left more than they hate republicans while simultaneously demanding lock-step loyalty from the left.

Oh come on... whose blocking policy? Those on the left in the party or those on the right in the party?

I know extending coverage to 30 million Americans isn't as "substantial" to the horseshoe left as protesting AOC for not engaging in more theatrics to light up Twitter, but you can find folks on this very forum whose lives have massively changed for the better thanks to that coverage.

So a Republican-inspired healthcare plan is the best the Dems have had to offer in the past 30 years.

If this election taught us anything it's that, just like republicans, centrist blue maga Dems do not want dark money out of politics and are perfectly fine with foreign countries flat out buying house seats.

Back
Top Bottom