• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The abortion issue, what is it all about?

Thank you. It's good to have your biases in the open. Now, please leave them out of this discussion because they do not belong.

You misquote. I did not say or imply that all religions consider a zygote a person.

They do generally abhor voluntary termination of a pregnancy.

And it is not a voluntary termination of the pregnancy.

This agrees with what I said.

I did say that the practice was tolerated.

I'm pro-choice.
Excuse me. Are you trying to deny me my free speech?

Excuse me. Are you trying to deny me my free speech?
Don't be silly. I am asking for some self-control.

It may be a new concept but you can Google it.

Here's an idea, the gop exercise some self control and stay out of women's vaginas.

The baby isn't in her vagina, ya know......

Let's ask putin. I don't see any republicans on here outraged about all the innocent deaths in ukraine or is the abortion issue nothing more than a means to control women?

Restricting abortion is as much about controlling women as restricting murder or theft is.

The baby isn't in her vagina, ya know......
How about staying out of women's bodies period? Worry about your own damn body. It's sad that you, as a so-called woman, don't remember the core of the abortion debate. You know, men having the say over your reproductive parts? How some women like you love to self hate is remarkably stupid.

How about staying out of women's bodies period? Worry about your own damn body. It's sad that you, as a so-called woman, don't remember the core of the abortion debate. You know, men having the say over your reproductive parts? How some women like you love to self hate is remarkably stupid.

I'm all for letting women do whatever they want with their own bodies.

I'm all for letting women do whatever they want with their own bodies.

Then why do you want abortion to be illegal? That is their own bodies.

Then why do you want abortion to be illegal? That is their own bodies.

An abortion is the killing of another human.

An abortion is the killing of another human.

It is the woman deciding that she doesn't want to carry something in her body for 9 months. So you are against a woman doing what she wants with her body. YOU LIED.

It is the woman deciding that she doesn't want to carry something in her body for 9 months. So you are against a woman doing what she wants with her body. YOU LIED.

What is she carrying in her body?

What is she carrying in her body?

Depends on the term. Again, you lied, I have no interest in discussing with you when you continue to lie. What is is about conservative women (and you are no libertarian) that lie all the time?

Oh? Explain.

Sorry you lost the discussion when you lied. Move along to some more dishonest posting that you do.

Sorry you lost the discussion when you lied. Move along to some more dishonest posting that you do.

I haven't lost anything nor have I been dishonest. 🤷

I haven't lost anything nor have I been dishonest. 🤷

You want to force a woman to carry something in her body for 9 months. You lied. Typical dishonesty from a conservative woman afraid to call herself conservative.

Here's an idea, the gop exercise some self control and stay out of women's vaginas.
Here's an idea, why not bring facts and logic to the debate?

A lot more people than just the Republicans think it's time for a change. You can't pawn this off on fringe wackos when you represent the minority opinion.

This is not accurate unless you are talking about a morning-after pill or something similar.

There is broad agreement that women should have control for several months. There is a majority agreement that the period ends before nine months. Exactly when it ends is a separate issue.

You want to force a woman to carry something in her body for 9 months. You lied.

You keep saying "something" when you really mean "a human".

You keep saying "something" when you really mean "a human".

Move along, you already lied when you said you want to force a woman to carry something in her body for 9 months. I have no need to discuss with you further, you lied. Nothing you can say can change that.

Move along, you already lied when you said you want to force a woman to carry something in her body for 9 months. I have no need to discuss with you further, you lied. Nothing you can say can change that.

You keep saying that you're done here, but you keep responding.

Why do you you call an unborn human "something"?

You keep saying that you're done here, but you keep responding.

Why do you you call an unborn human "something"?

I'll keep pointing out your lies as much as you want me to. Typical self-hating conservative woman.

I'll keep pointing out your lies as much as you want me to. Typical self-hating conservative woman.

You seem angry. I've not lied one time.

You seem angry. I've not lied one time.

You have lied. You said you want women to be able to do what they want with their bodies, but then go on to say you want to force them to carry something in their bodies for 9 months. That is an outright LIE on your part. Your comments are lies, but then most conservative women like yourself lie.

You have lied. You said you want women to be able to do what they want with their bodies, but then go on to say you want to force them to carry something in their bodies for 9 months. That is an outright LIE on your part. Your comments are lies, but then most conservative women like yourself lie.

Nope, didn't lie. I thought you were done responding? Can you explain why you think unborn humans are objects?

Here's the real question, is abortion nothing more than laws created by some people's religious beliefs? Is that the road america is choosing to pursue? Abortion is not murder according to the law that the party of law and order obviously disagrees, so that to me means they are basing their idea of murder on religious beliefs.

So, what is the issue with abortion and are we now passing laws on religious beliefs?

The abortion issue is about one thing and one thing alone, control over women.

The Christian Taliban is using aged text from a religion (largely written during the Bronze Age, already well into various splinters before the Romans codified it, and still ending up splintering thousands of times over to current) to create one of the most manufactured yet divisive political issues of our time.

The sad irony is all of the ideological beliefs and social origins going into this text all occurred at a time where "abortion" (natural or in some way induced) was not something many cared about nor really spoke about. Illegitimacy was rampant across the entire region where this text originated no real care for an abortion or a delivered child outside of that social "legitimacy."

Fast forward to today and there is zero interest in the care of life from modern conservatism, once born there is no care at all to dealing with that infant.

The whole thing can be reduced to the Christian Taliban being about "pro-birth," or controlling women.

Back
Top Bottom