• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

The 16 people with the highest IQ's

Different test have different scores. These are the ones Mensa used (back in the 1970s). California Test of Mental Maturity (CTMM), IQ 132. Cattell, IQ 148. Those put you in the 98th percentile.

They will send you a do it yourself Cattel test and score it for you. They charge $18. You must have a friend supervise and strictly time you and you'll then get an accurate result. If you cheat by even a second, you might as well save the $18 because you must take a supervised test to actually qualify. I took the home version and the supervised version and my score was one point different. The old hom,e version had a question that was in pounds, shillings and pence and of course I blew that completely, thus probably accounting for that one point.

Mensa in the 1950s was a small, nearly secret organization whose members wanted to save the world. As it became larger (there are 6 million eligible Americans) in membership, it sort of lost its way and became just another social organization.

true, it used to be (circa 1976 or so) if you scored over 1300 on the SAT MENSA sent you an offer to join.

I thought IQ tests were declared to be invalid because certain cultures scored extremely low and the scores hurt their feelings.

No, they have proved to be invalid since they don't predict anything useful. There are people with extremely high IQ in minimum wage jobs. And vice versa. Feynman had an IQ that was only slightly above average.

In short, the OP is stupid and shows a lack of IQ.

true, it used to be (circa 1976 or so) if you scored over 1300 on the SAT MENSA sent you an offer to join.

1300 isn't really that high. Thats just a little over the average SAT score for my kids lowly state university, and lower than the average honors college student at his school.

1300 isn't really that high. Thats just a little over the average SAT score for my kids lowly state university, and lower than the average honors college student at his school.

depends what year you are talking. The Year I applied to college (1977) the average At Yale (highest of the Ivies) was 1360 -I believe Cal tech had the highest because they had a ton of 800 Math scores. 1360 was the 99th percentile. if you were over 1450, you were in the top one percent. years later the SAT was "Normed" by inflating the scores by about 100 points. Now the average at a place like Yale works out (Since they are out of 2400 now) to more than 720 per test.

I should note a girl in my class had bad scores. She didn't do well on SAT or LSAT type tests. She was top of her HS class, phi beta Kappa at Yale and while she got into most of the top Law schools she went to Tulane because her boyfriend-soon to be husband-was going there for med school. Yeah she set the curve there too. My senior suitemate had 1600 SAT, almost perfect GRE scores and a top one percent GMAT score. His grades were basically C's and Bs. the fact he was a 2500 level chess player showed that he was brilliant, he just didn't care about grades.

generally the scores show some things but on a case by case basis, they can be really wrong

real genius-people who create stuff that matters to millions

Jerry Bruckheimer is a genius-look at all the shows and movies he has been involved in that are massively popular

The guys who come up with the good beer adds or the GEICO commercials

Guys Like Jimmy Page or Jerry Garcia that wrote and played songs that will still be popular years after they are gone

some of the software programmers

Having a high IQ score because all you do is take IQ tests trying to boost your score would be seen by many people as being stupid. Its like someone claiming to be a great athlete and never trying out for the varsity, or getting on the track, the court or the ring

I thought IQ tests were declared to be invalid because certain cultures scored extremely low and the scores hurt their feelings.

Not exactly, blacks always scored below average so IQ test were declared racist.

You have to search pretty hard to find a black under 50 years of age who has actualy taken a certified IQ test.

Nobody has even seen Obama's SAT scores.

The 16 Smartest People on Earth - Yahoo Finance

Quite interesting. Though IQ doesn't mean they are the smartest or know the most, it just means that they are incredibly intelligent and can catch on quickly.

If you want to test your IQ, one of them designs IQ tests.

Good and Free IQ Tests

:lol: Whatever...

They are almost all white. Not one black person or Latino. No women. And all people that don't mind having the world know who they are... :lol:

I would bet my life my dad has an IQ in the 170's.

Good IQ is fine but can they move mountains like Obama?

You say this because you don't have an IQ, don't you :D

No IQ? That would have to be terrible... :lol:

And now you can sleep at night... :)

I took an online IQ test and scored a 163. I took it again as fast as I could without reading anything and just hitting "A" on every question and scored a 116, I think?

The two real ones that I have taken were 125 and 146 so I just say 137 unless I am out to really impress the hot ladies...

rIts like someone claiming to be a great athlete and never trying out for the varsity, or getting on the track, the court or the ring

I could have gone pro...

I took tests throughout my life and my average is 138. But honestly, IQ doesn't measure what's always needed to do well in life, so while its amusing, its value is questionable at least for me.

Social skills, emotional skills, intuition, etc are also very important.

My IQ doesn't help me surf, play video games or much else.. but my Emotional IQ would be VERY high and that helps me be happy in life and a great, well balanced dad.

Hunter Thompson might agree:mrgreen:

I was making a joke but in all seriousness... Tony Gonzalez was on our football team... I was faster than him, could jump and can catch anything, but I never went out for football. The coach always wanted me to but I am injury prone. I was on Varsity Track and ran at the State level in CA breaking many records in multiple events and ran Cross Country, Soccer and Golf on Varsity as well... so football, all the pads and summer workouts while I wanted to and did go surfing, never seemed worth it. I always wondered how I could have done though... pro? doubt it. A decent college wide reciever? Probably.

134. Envious bastard probably shaved a point to keep the margin from genius. T'was a rather wide range of scores.

134. Envious bastard probably shaved a point to keep the margin from genius. T'was a rather wide range of scores.

I thought 130 was genius...

EDIT: I guess it can be anyone with a 125 or higher really. You made it buddy...

My IQ score is 112 on the test I took. it was pretty hard and I rushed 3-4 even though I finished 7min earlier on a 40min test with 39questions.

View attachment 67154328

I do have to say that my highest IQ score I ever got was around 122 on other tests on other websites.

Which one are you guys taking? I just did the Numerus Basic test, and scored a 124.

Picture1.jpg

Keep in mind that I'm mentally fried from work right now, a bit buzzed, and said "**** it" and quit the test after completing only half the questions though. That thing was an absolute bitch. :lol:

I might try again in the morning.

I notice you are being a bit snartky about it, but the reality is that cultural bias often comes into IQ tests when it is not supposed to. IQ tests are not supposed to be just trivia tests, but rather have a lot to do with your relationing skills There are a lot of association items being tested, and if you do not understand the relationships of the items because they are not in your frame of experience because of culture that would be more indicative of trivia knowledge rather than your ability to associate something.

For instance a question on an IQ test might be Goku is to Shounen as Sakura is to _________.

Now if you have a good idea about anime or japan you might get this one pretty easily. It is a pretty simple association, but if you do not this question is confusing to you just because you don't happen to know it. That is before we even get into the diofferent ways different minded people make associations and using mathmatical and verbal questions might skew results within the same culture. I do find it a little odd that most of the people on that list are males, and it is often considered that women have different ways their minds associate things. It is also not terribly hard to reason that tests developed in a predominantly male promoting society would skew towards addressing male thinking patterns over female.

Oh, and on a personal note I tend to score high on multiple guess tests even when I do not know the material simply due to association. It is not a measure of how well I know the material over how well I know how test makers make the tests. That is why I find multiple guess IQ tests to be a rather piss poor measure of actual reasoning skills and associative abilities.

Yes, cultural bias does play a huge role. I once took a Ukranian IQ test, and it told me my IQ was 33. The questions didn't make any sense to me. One whole section of the test depended on which among a group of random-looking squiggles was "the best one." I showed it to my Ukranian IT guy, who aced it. I have to conclude that for people from the Ukraine, some squiggles are genuinely better than others. But not so for my American mind.

The 16 Smartest People on Earth - Yahoo Finance

Quite interesting. Though IQ doesn't mean they are the smartest or know the most, it just means that they are incredibly intelligent and can catch on quickly.

If you want to test your IQ, one of them designs IQ tests.

Good and Free IQ Tests
I'm pissed...

You should be penalized for spamming a "good and free IQ test."

Since when is having to pay $4.99 to get results... free?

Do you always spam stuff you don't test?

NotsofreeIQtest_zpsc8ca8172.png

I'm pissed...

You should be penalized for spamming a "good and free IQ test."

Since when is having to pay $4.99 to get results... free?

Do you always spam stuff you don't test?

The link automatically says good and free iq tests. It's not a name I gave it.

Good and Free IQ Tests

here. these are the ones i said that I said were free. And with the exception of one that doesn't work, they're free.

I got 145. They tested me in High School and College at 147, so it seems about right. I'm pretty sure you can get an official one from your local college, but I guess it depends on the school.

YES. There are IQ distinctionq based on culture....duh
Probably so.

I started on in a link I followed, then was pissed at completion. At the end, this is what I got:

Probably so.

I started on in a link I followed, then was pissed at completion. At the end, this is what I got:
:lamo

That means you failed the gullibility test.

LOL...

I guess so...

LOL...
Don't feel so bad, at least you didn't send them the $4.99.

...did you?

Here's an IQ test question for you.

When someone gives you a free IQ test, this means ________.

a) Both the test and the results are free.
b) Only the results are free.
c) Only the test is free.
d) :2mad:

Back
Top Bottom