• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas is one step closer to becoming Second Amendment compliant

You would be right to worry, and they still have a long way to go.

Registration of firearms, specifying specific storage requirements, seizing "unlicensed" firearms during declared emergencies, and imposing an age requirement all violate the Second Amendment and need to be repealed before Texas can claim to be fully Second Amendment compliant.

However, I will commend the Texas State House of Representatives for making a step in the right direction to become fully Second Amendment compliant.
exactly. there aren't near enough legal and illegal firearms in Texas.

They will move or not regardless of Constitutionality... but there is nothing unconstitutional about permits, etc.
Clearly you are unable to comprehend "shall not be infringed," but I can assure you, it is part of the Second Amendment. All permits of any kind are a government infringement. As are age requirements and storage requirements. Any kind of government requirement is by definition an infringement.

The feds know better. In the 11 years that the law has been in effect we have held numerous public heavy weapon demonstrations using multiple fully-automatic machine guns, a wide variety of mortars, and even a 105mm Howitzer artillery piece - all with live ammunition - without ever once being molested by any federal law enforcement. Nor is Alaska the only State that is doing this. There are eight other States with a similar Firearm Freedom Act.

This only underscores how ignorant and clueless you are about this subject.

should we bring up the couple of boys in Kansas and a similar law?

It isn't about numbers. It is about access. Government cannot restrict access to a constitutionally protected right.
if it isn't about numbers, then each person would need just one firearm, correct?

if it isn't about numbers, then each person would need just one firearm, correct?
Do you have just one tool in your tool box?

I have as many firearms as I require, no more and no less. Just like all my other tools, each and every firearm has its own purpose. I always try to use the right tool for the job, which requires owning multiple tools.

Do you have just one tool in your tool box?
hang on.

is this conversation about personal safety? if it is then one firearm (and probably a backup for redundancy) would do it (and enough ammo of course).

now, if i really wanted to shoot you (which i never would i'm just doing a hypothetical) i'd just wait for you to take the gas nozzle out of your gas tank at the gas station and shoot you in the back. which, again, i'd never do.

so the number of firearms don't help in those situations. like it doesn't matter how many guns a girlfriend have if boyfriends are just gonna shoot them in the shower.

hang on.

is this conversation about personal safety? if it is then one firearm (and probably a backup for redundancy) would do it (and enough ammo of course).
You do not get to decide how someone else will use their tool. That is for the owner of the tool to decide.

now, if i really wanted to shoot you (which i never would i'm just doing a hypothetical) i'd just wait for you to take the gas nozzle out of your gas tank at the gas station and shoot you in the back. which, again, i'd never do.

so the number of firearms don't help in those situations. like it doesn't matter how many guns a girlfriend have if boyfriends are just gonna shoot them in the shower.
Again, you do not get to determine the number or the purpose for which the firearm will be used. Why do you leftists always assume that YOU can determine what is or isn't necessary for someone else? And it is only leftists who make this extremely arrogant and erroneous assumption, nobody else.

You do not get to decide how someone else will use their tool. That is for the owner of the tool to decide.

Again, you do not get to determine the number or the purpose for which the firearm will be used. Why do you leftists always assume that YOU can determine what is or isn't necessary for someone else? And it is only leftists who make this extremely arrogant and erroneous assumption, nobody else.
I didn't say I get to determine how many guns you get to own. You could own a million under our laws.

I was commenting on how many it would take for personal protection. How many do you carry at any one time (for protection)?

I didn't say I get to determine how many guns you get to own. You could own a million under our laws.

I was commenting on how many it would take for personal protection. How many do you carry at any one time (for protection)?
Why do you get to determine how many firearms it would take for the personal protection of others? Concern yourself with only your needs, and stop concerning yourself with what others need or don't need.

Just because you lack the imagination to think of other uses for firearms beyond personal protection does not mean others have your limitations.

It's illegal for California residents to buy guns outside of California.
ROFL! Good luck trying to enforce that illegal law.
Well, it does serve as an excellent rebuttal to the notion that all you have to do is go out of state to avoid the $25 tax. And no FFL in another state will sell a gun to a California resident, at least not legally. So that leaves violating Federal law by doing an illegal out of state private transaction. If you're inclined to do an illegal private transaction, you might as well just stay home and do it in California, where all gun sales have to go through an FFL.

Clearly you are unable to comprehend "shall not be infringed," but I can assure you, it is part of the Second Amendment. All permits of any kind are a government infringement. As are age requirements and storage requirements. Any kind of government requirement is by definition an infringement.
Nope. Not at all. You are 100% Wrong.

Citizens can buy and own guns.

There is no infringement on gun ownership at all. None. Zero.

Again, you are 100% Wrong. Sorry. *shrug*

If everyone engages in Civil disobedience then the law has no power. This is a good thing because the law in California is stupid, they are made by incompetent morons that don't know what they're doing.

Laws require popular support to work

If a law doesn't have popular support, then it shouldn't exist.

That's not to say a political leader can't try and lead people down a path they'd rather not travel. That's what real leadership is.

here are a few pics of the Texas State Fair. i think the theory is, from many people, that if all those people are carrying (i guess including after the Texas/Oklahoma football game) that people have less chance of being shot.

From Elvis to Demi: 7 celebrities who have visited the State Fair of Texas

The History Of Big Tex At The State Fair Of Texas — And Why We Love Him So  Much | KWBU

Texas Roadhouse offering chance to win VIP tickets to Kentucky State Fair  concerts | Community | wdrb.com

Nobody cares if a responsible person has a gun, concealed or otherwise.

We don't want the irresponsible people to have guns.

Making conceal and carry for everyone is going to include a lot more irresponsible people.

Making conceal and carry for everyone is going to include a lot more irresponsible people.

And your method of determining if a person carrying a gun is "responsible" or not, is ?

On April 15, 2021, the Texas State House of Representatives voted 84-56 to eliminate carry permits.

That is certainly a step in the right direction. Now Texas needs to eliminate its unconstitutional storage, licensing, and age requirements. They are not compliant with the Second Amendment yet, but they are moving in the right direction.
Sounds like a living dead episode.

Serious people like voters.

i recall a California gun owners chub taking out an add on gunbrokers.com pleading with gun sellers to stop refusing to selling any firearms to anyone in California, even if clearly legal. There is no way to keep up with California's state and every localities laws.

Certainly there should be a $25 tax on voting. The Supreme Court must have been wrong when they ruled that poll taxes are unconstitutional.

On April 15, 2021, the Texas State House of Representatives voted 84-56 to eliminate carry permits.

That is certainly a step in the right direction. Now Texas needs to eliminate its unconstitutional storage, licensing, and age requirements. They are not compliant with the Second Amendment yet, but they are moving in the right direction.

I don't think they voted to eliminate it, just require it. MOST states do require a CCW permit - but will respect other state's CCW permits. In Florida - not an open carry state - having a concealed firearm without a CCW permit is a felony. A Texan would want a Texas CCW permit for travel.

I don't think they voted to eliminate it, just require it. MOST states do require a CCW permit - but will respect other state's CCW permits. In Florida - not an open carry state - having a concealed firearm without a CCW permit is a felony. A Texan would want a Texas CCW permit for travel.
So complicated.

Back
Top Bottom