• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas is one step closer to becoming Second Amendment compliant

On April 15, 2021, the Texas State House of Representatives voted 84-56 to eliminate carry permits.

That is certainly a step in the right direction. Now Texas needs to eliminate its unconstitutional storage, licensing, and age requirements. They are not compliant with the Second Amendment yet, but they are moving in the right direction.
Every child and adult of every age and mental state should carry, in every state. No Mag limits, trigger locks or sissy gun safes. We will be so much safer then. Gun deaths and mass shootings will plummet, as no one will dare risk it. Cops will feel so safe they will stop carrying guns themselves. Europe will soon come around and follow our lead.

i recall a California gun owners chub taking out an add on gunbrokers.com pleading with gun sellers to stop refusing to selling any firearms to anyone in California, even if clearly legal. There is no way to keep up with California's state and every localities laws.

Certainly there should be a $25 tax on voting. The Supreme Court must have been wrong when they ruled that poll taxes are unconstitutional.

No, there should be a tax (or deposit) for standing foe election and failing to get say, 10% of the vote.

I appreciate that you mock the stupidity of gun control by being this absolutely absurd about it as you can.

Just don't ever stop making it a laughing stock is the best thing you can do.
You fail to appreciate how absurd your position already is. You don't need help from me.

You fail to appreciate how absurd your position already is. You don't need help from me.
those who claim that murderers and armed robbers will be deterred by a lesser offense penalty are deluded

You are literally not reading my posts.
I am reading your posts, and in everyone of them you are trying to dictate what others can and can't own like a stereotypical leftist.

If someone thinks they need 50 firearms to protect themselves, that is their choice - not yours. If someone thinks they don't need any firearms to protect themselves, that is also their choice - not yours.

Do try to remember that people get to live their own lives without it being determined or infringed upon by ignorant leftists.

I can’t wait until 2A is re-interpreted. Can’t wait to see the thread on that.

those who claim that murderers and armed robbers will be deterred by a lesser offense penalty are deluded
My ultimate Trump for these claims is a hypothetical.

If I had a good bar on the ground beneath my feet would you be more or less likely to steal it if I had a shotgun pointed at your face?

I am reading your posts, and in everyone of them you are trying to dictate what others can and can't own
that is 100% a lie. i never said that.

as a matter of fact, you, personally, can own as many guns as a Columbian Drug Cartel.

I can’t wait until 2A is re-interpreted. Can’t wait to see the thread on that.
in what way? that the 1934 NFA and the 1968 GCA are blatantly unconstitutional and violate both the tenth and the second amendments?

Well you know, ‘the enemy of my enemy...’ and all. Besides, even the old Klan would dislike this new one we got. It’s kinda like how Donald Trump got elected by playing the wolf sent by god with his righteous fangs. Funny, isn’t it?

in what way? that the 1934 NFA and the 1968 GCA are blatantly unconstitutional and violate both the tenth and the second amendments?
What are you talking about? You know I’m not an activist. I don’t read this legal stuff.

Well you know, ‘the enemy of my enemy...’ and all. Besides, even the old Klan would dislike this new one we got. It’s kinda like how Donald Trump got elected by playing the wolf sent by god with his righteous fangs. Funny, isn’t it?
why does it seem that gun control is so tightly connected to Trump hate?

What are you talking about? You know I’m not an activist. I don’t read this legal stuff.
arguing the second amendment without understanding the legal environment, opens one's posts up to being dismissed as ignorant

Nope. Not at all. You are 100% Wrong.

Citizens can buy and own guns.

There is no infringement on gun ownership at all. None. Zero.

Again, you are 100% Wrong. Sorry. *shrug*
You obviously need to read the Second Amendment. It says that the people have the right to keep and bear arms. Which means that the people may carry their arms concealed or openly, as they desire, without any government permits, licensing, registration, or any other infringement.

Not familiar with texas laws but every state should be open carry and CWPs should be national like a drivers licence IMO

i recall a California gun owners chub taking out an add on gunbrokers.com pleading with gun sellers to stop refusing to selling any firearms to anyone in California, even if clearly legal. There is no way to keep up with California's state and every localities laws.

Certainly there should be a $25 tax on voting. The Supreme Court must have been wrong when they ruled that poll taxes are unconstitutional.
California cannot enact laws that effect other States. Nor that California enact laws that effect residents of California who are not in California. Nor can California prohibit anyone from purchasing any product from another State or even another country, regardless whether they are living in California at the time or not.

California's jurisdiction begins and ends at their border, and cannot extend beyond their border.

The idea of interpreting people to mean not people was how the ku Klux Klan argued against the gun rights of black people and that's all you're doing.

You're saying the Constitution doesn't apply to people you don't like. Maybe the reason why people on the left call everyone racist is so they feel better about their own racism and bigotry.

The idea of interpreting people to mean not people was how the ku Klux Klan argued against the gun rights of black people and that's all you're doing.

You're saying the Constitution doesn't apply to people you don't like. Maybe the reason why people on the left call everyone racist is so they feel better about their own racism and bigotry.
racism, bigotry and elitism, are the three pillars upon which gun restrictions are based

racism, bigotry and elitism, are the three pillars upon which gun restrictions are based
That was what the Democratic Party was founded upon, and nothing has changed in 193 years. The Anti-American Party of Hate is already responsible for every atrocity committed on US soil, including killing more Americans than every foreign war the US has ever fought - combined.

It is long past due to declare the Democratic Party a terrorist organization under Public Law 107-40, seize their assets, lock-up its leadership, and disband the criminal organization before they do any more harm to the nation.

Back
Top Bottom