• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Texas is one step closer to becoming Second Amendment compliant

Not familiar with texas laws but every state should be open carry and CWPs should be national like a drivers licence IMO
Government has no business telling anyone how they should bear their arms. That choice is left entirely up to the individual carrying the firearms. Any kind of permit or license is a government infringement, and therefore a violation of the Second Amendment.

It's illegal for California residents to buy guns outside of California.
Are you serious. California is now telling their residents where they cab shop and what they an buy. Who is running that state Stalin or Adolf.

Are you serious. California is now telling their residents where they cab shop and what they an buy. Who is running that state Stalin or Adolf.
Think of it as a prototype for the national Democratic program.

why does it seem that gun control is so tightly connected to Trump hate?
We didn’t realize how many of you could be so easily coerced before you voted for him twice and held a rally at the capital on Jan 6th. We forgot you are also human, even though you may deny it sometimes.

arguing the second amendment without understanding the legal environment, opens one's posts up to being dismissed as ignorant
Yes, and with most dumb-dumb’s that would be possible. But I make very good points.

Yes, and with most dumb-dumb’s that would be possible. But I make very good points.
I don't find them to be very good, or even mediocre

racism, bigotry and elitism, are the three pillars upon which gun restrictions are based
Well any removal of Rights if you get down to it.

The only reason you don't want people to be free is because you want them under you.

But I can't figure out his why so many people cheer it on

We didn’t realize how many of you could be so easily coerced before you voted for him twice and held a rally at the capital on Jan 6th. We forgot you are also human, even though you may deny it sometimes.
proof that your claim in post 80 is unsupported

Government has no business telling anyone how they should bear their arms. That choice is left entirely up to the individual carrying the firearms. Any kind of permit or license is a government infringement, and therefore a violation of the Second Amendment.
Ooo man, if you think gen X “woke” people are bad, wait until you meet Y, and Z. They’re going to call AOC a DINO. I’d be saying this kinda stuff if I were on your side too.

Ooo man, if you think gen X “woke” people are bad, wait until you meet Y, and Z. They’re going to call AOC a DINO. I’d be saying this kinda stuff if I were on your side too.
The pain minority of Soviets within those generations yet but I think they're going to be smaller than they were in Gen x.

The pain minority of Soviets within those generations yet but I think they're going to be smaller than they were in Gen x.
Not sure how we’re talking about the soviets. I was talking about the US. Maybe I missed the joke.

I'm not just saying it. In Alaska there are no permits or licenses required to carry any firearm, openly or concealed. The choice is entirely up to the one carrying the firearm(s). As it should be.

Personally, I have no reason to hide what I'm carrying. Even if I did wish to conceal them, they are too large to be easily concealable. When I'm armed my objective is to have quick access to my firearms. Attempting to conceal my firearms would only hinder that objective.

I'm not just saying it. In Alaska there are no permits or licenses required to carry any firearm, openly or concealed. The choice is entirely up to the one carrying the firearm(s). As it should be.

Personally, I have no reason to hide what I'm carrying. Even if I did wish to conceal them, they are too large to be easily concealable. When I'm armed my objective is to have quick access to my firearms. Attempting to conceal my firearms would only hinder that objective.
True, you never know who could be around the next corner...

True, you never know who could be around the next corner...
I'm less concerned with "who" and more concerned with "what." In Alaska I am not arming myself to protect myself from my fellow humans. Those who are not well armed in Alaska will eventually be taught that they may be clever, but they are not on top of the food chain without those clever tools we humans invented.

Moose are the number one killer of humans in Alaska. Bears are a distant second, and there has only been one death by wolves in the 30 years I've lived in Alaska. As long as you are not running, bicycling down, or setting up your camp on (like Timothy Tredwell), a game trail in the woods like a moron, you are pretty safe from predators. But moose are psychotic and will attack for no reason. People think we're armed for bear in Alaska, but I'm armed to drop an 8-foot tall, 1,500 pound charging moose.

Last edited:
I'm less concerned with "who" and more concerned with "what." In Alaska I am not arming myself to protect myself from my fellow humans. Those who are not well armed in Alaska will eventually be taught that they may be clever, but they are not on top of the food chain without those clever tools we humans invented.

Moose are the number one killer of humans in Alaska. Bears are a distant second, and there has only been one death by wolves in the 30 years I've lived in Alaska. As long as you are not running, bicycling down, or setting up your camp on (like Timothy Tredwell), a game trail in the woods like a moron, you are pretty safe from predators. But moose are psychotic and will attack for no reason. People think we're armed for bear in Alaska, but I'm armed to drop an 8-foot tall, 1,500 pound charging moose.
That’s a good reason to own a gun.

Back
Top Bottom