• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Tensions Rise As Congress Prepares To Certify Election Results

Old 'N Chill

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Ten minute video in link with Amy Klobuchar speaking about the tensions coming with certifying the election results. It's really a shame that we all are having to go through this unnecessary drama, thanks to Trump and his mob.
It is a transition like no other with President Trump denying election results and defying the democratic process. In Washington D.C., hundreds met outside the U.S. Capitol in support of the president -- a preview of what's expected to be a much larger protest Wednesday as Congress begins certifying election results. Lisa Desjardins reports, and Sen. Amy Klobuchar joins Judy Woodruff to discuss.

Ten minute video in link with Amy Klobuchar speaking about the tensions coming with certifying the election results. It's really a shame that we all are having to go through this unnecessary drama, thanks to Trump and his mob.

The traitors in the Senate who vote to thwart the will of the people should leave our democracy for an authoritarian regime that they obviously want.

I don't think they should be given that option.

The traitors in the Senate who vote to thwart the will of the people should leave our democracy for an authoritarian regime that they obviously want.
Maybe an endless string of investigations. They seem to like those.

Maybe revisit the impeachment offense in the light of the new recording.

Maybe conspiracy charges for everybody involved in the earlier cover-up.

Sedition charges with appropriate raids and seizures.

They think this is fun.

Maybe we should see how fun it is for ourselves?

yep

Any Congressmen or Senator that votes to override the will of the American people where there is NO proof of any voter fraud or any type of election fraud should be put up on charges ,
charges of not up holding the Constitution
These people are going against the Constitution and the will of the people with all these end a round tactics ,
It would be a whole different matter if they could bring some proof of fraud into court, but all they have is hear say and lies from people at the top.
One person who started a lie about our elections being " Rigged " back in 2016 and he OUR President has NOT stopped telling this lie'
They should be charged and IF they aren't they should be forced out of office one way or another.
If they aren't charged then we should put a massive campaign against their re-election
we need to show them that it is the People they work for and they are in office to do the WILL OF THE PEOPLE not what they want
Have a nice night

Well tomorrow this latest phase will be done at least.

i hope that there isn't some sort of street rebellion that blocks traffic. i have a lot to do at work, but i'm not driving through angry people. this past spring, that was also a concern. luckily, that one worked out as well as it could have.

i hope that there isn't some sort of street rebellion that blocks traffic. i have a lot to do at work, but i'm not driving through angry people. this past spring, that was also a concern. luckily, that one worked out as well as it could have.

The street rebellion is being delayed due to parking issues.... LMAO....

Well tomorrow this latest phase will be done at least.
I am not so sure of this.
Trump will not let go he will fight this right up until the time Biden is sworn in and then some.
He will be out there day in and day out sowing the idea that Biden is not a legal President and I think it is a sure bet he will be doing this for the next 4 years.
I can't believe that the people on the right can't see that Trump started this " the Election is Rigged " BS over 4 years ago before the election of 2016 was even held and he has kept it up for the last 4 years , sowing that idea deep into the little minds of his followers.
It is too bad he can't be a real man and fess up that he lost and go on with a peaceful transfer of power like every other President has
Have a nice day

I am not so sure of this.
Trump will not let go he will fight this right up until the time Biden is sworn in and then some.
He will be out there day in and day out sowing the idea that Biden is not a legal President and I think it is a sure bet he will be doing this for the next 4 years.
I can't believe that the people on the right can't see that Trump started this " the Election is Rigged " BS over 4 years ago before the election of 2016 was even held and he has kept it up for the last 4 years , sowing that idea deep into the little minds of his followers.
It is too bad he can't be a real man and fess up that he lost and go on with a peaceful transfer of power like every other President has
Have a nice day
Oh, the problem with Trump and his Cult is that they always come up with a next phase. But they're never actually successful. Trump lost the election, then more than 50 lawsuits ended up in the trash heap because they couldn't get any evidence of massive voter fraud, then the EC still voted as the People of the States voted, today Congress will accept and verify that count, on the 20th Biden will be sworn in. This is just how it goes. No matter how much the Cultists wail and cry about it.

Oh, the problem with Trump and his Cult is that they always come up with a next phase. But they're never actually successful. Trump lost the election, then more than 50 lawsuits ended up in the trash heap because they couldn't get any evidence of massive voter fraud, then the EC still voted as the People of the States voted, today Congress will accept and verify that count, on the 20th Biden will be sworn in. This is just how it goes. No matter how much the Cultists wail and cry about it.

Loved the excuse for the cases.

"Judges too cowardly to hear the evidence".

Wiley Coyote...that's who I think of when I see the latest GOPer smack head first into a wall. Take yesterday's election results as a perfect example of it.

The street rebellion is being delayed due to parking issues.... LMAO....

Man, that would suck. I hate trying find parking in cities when events are going on. Or even when they're not.

Loved the excuse for the cases.

"Judges too cowardly to hear the evidence".
They just expand their Conspiracy Theory at each stage of defeat. It's pathetic, it's stupid, and I don't believe that everyone pushing the "election was stolen" narrative actually believe it. I think many are just partisans pushing it cause Trump is the R, others are just straight up trolling the left with it, and only the dumbest of the dumb, the ones who aren't that much more evolved than monkeys, the most gullible and ignorant, actually believe that the election was stolen. I think this group, in reality, is actually rather small.

what time are they scheduled to do that very controversial (every) 4 year thing (count the EC votes)?

Back
Top Bottom