• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tennessee to roll out “No Refusal” blood-draw DUI checkpoints for Labor Day

Even unanimous decisions can be overturned, but that does not mean they will be. They will have warrants as required by the 4th amendment. Here is a clue--don't drive drunk and you won't have to worry about it.

But the warrants are issued based on a faulty search.

Than Tennessee has just been put on my "Do not move to" list. Gonna upset the missus something fierce. That was one of her top picks.

Than Tennessee has just been put on my "Do not move to" list. Gonna upset the missus something fierce. That was one of her top picks.

Still a good place to live. Just don't be on the road drunk. :wink:

Still a good place to live. Just don't be on the road drunk. :wink:

I don't drink on the road or in the bush, I'm a teetotaler nowadays, but forcing people to give up blood cuz the State says so, eh, I can't go for that...

And they call in and get the warrant when they have probable cause and the person refuses and are set up to do just that ergo they will have probable cause and a warrant issued lawfully, any other innuendo you want to come up with? That you don't like it, does not make it unconstitutional--it is just streamlined constitutional compliance.

"streamlined constitutional compliance"

I like that one.

I'll put it in my list of political phrases, right under "plausible deniability."

"streamlined constitutional compliance"

I like that one.

I'll put it in my list of political phrases, right under "plausible deniability."
I nominate this for Post of the Day.

Unfortunately, what Fisher says isn't wholly untrue. Repugnant (on the part of the state) maybe, but not untrue. I would have no doubt that the state is very carefully doing this in such a way as to stay just within legal bounds, knowing that they might get slapped down at a later date, but hoping they won't.

What gets me is their actions. If, before you pull over even the first suspect, you have a judge (or legal equal for the purpose of the job) on stand-by to issue your warrants as-need and without question... and let's get real, there will be no thoughtfulness or questioning done regarding circumstances, we all know that... then the state has already forfeited any claim to neutrality before they even start. To me, that should carry weight in a legal challenge, but it doesn't.

What happened to the breathalizer?

Maybe their screening for illegal drugs use .

Draw my blood without my consent and I'll draw your blood without your consent.

That seems fair.

I don't drink on the road or in the bush, I'm a teetotaler nowadays, but forcing people to give up blood cuz the State says so, eh, I can't go for that...

Eventually it will just be road side executions.

Draw my blood without my consent and I'll draw your blood without your consent.

That seems fair.
You know as soon as you give resistance you will get bum rushed by the two biggest cops they got then tazed.
While hog tied in the back of the cruiser, they will get blood.
They will also take your car, good luck getting it back, and everything in it.
CCW permit? Gone.
CDL? Gone.
Clean record? Gone.
Maybe job too if it requires a clean record like mine.

Part of the problem with our justice system is that everyone in the employ of the state seems to think they are playing on the same time. Prosecutors, Judges, and Police Officers all have separate duties to perform and should not be unduly collaborating together. It is not the job of the Judge to 'help out' the police by churning out warrants on demand or for police to give Prosecutors a leg up in their case. The breakdown of the partition separating these areas has done more to chip away at our 'small freedoms' than anything else other than perhaps our drug policy IMO.

You know as soon as you give resistance you will get bum rushed by the two biggest cops they got then tazed.
While hog tied in the back of the cruiser, they will get blood.
They will also take your car, good luck getting it back, and everything in it.
CCW permit? Gone.
CDL? Gone.
Clean record? Gone.
Maybe job too if it requires a clean record like mine.

That's OK. Revenge is a dish best served cold. I draw blood with my 45.

That's OK. Revenge is a dish best served cold. I draw blood with my 45.

I hear ya, but revenge is not how it should be done.
It needs to be done at the voting booth so not to have those type of crazy laws put in place.

I hear ya, but revenge is not how it should be done.
It needs to be done at the voting booth so not to have those type of crazy laws put in place.

This particular over reach of government taking away my rights smells of MADD money. Those folks will lobby whoever is in State government at the time. Voting out the legislators simply isn't enough. The replacements will be more that happy to receive MADDs money and expensive gifts.

And they call in and get the warrant when they have probable cause and the person refuses and are set up to do just that ergo they will have probable cause and a warrant issued lawfully, any other innuendo you want to come up with? That you don't like it, does not make it unconstitutional--it is just streamlined constitutional compliance.

Except you cant just get a warrant for anything you want. Judges cant issue warrants for whatever they want. Unreasonable search and seizure is banned totally.

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated

Warrants can only be issued for reasonable searchs. Forcibly taking someones blood sounds unreasonable to me.

Except you cant just get a warrant for anything you want. Judges cant issue warrants for whatever they want. Unreasonable search and seizure is banned totally.

Warrants can only be issued for reasonable searchs. Forcibly taking someones blood sounds unreasonable to me.
Find a religion that does not allow for drawing blood.
Convert, let them force your blood, sue them.

Tennessee police departments and highway patrol already were organized crime robbing people as highway robbers. So why not add torture to anyone who is anything but totally compliant and submissive?

Magistrates are rubber stamps pretty much everywhere. They are employees of the government, generally not elected, and the police have far more political muscle than does the hired magistrate. Some states outright just call them "police courts."

Stay out of Tennessee. Don't buy anything online from Tennessee. Warn online to stay out of Nashville and not to drive thru the state. Nothing else really can be done.

For people in Tennessee? File to run against all incumbents - city council, county government, state legislature. Even if not to win, it costs a pile of money to run a campaign.

Unfortunately, the U.S. Supreme Court seems to have become a rubber stamp for police too.

Tennessee to roll out “No Refusal” blood-draw DUI checkpoints for Labor Day

Tennessee to roll out "No Refusal" blood-draw DUI checkpoints for Labor Day | Police State USA

Seems about right. DUI is used as first level desensitizer to illegal power grabs by the government because so many people are so emotional about the subject that they excuse any growth of government power. Once established, they'll just expand upon it. This is what happens when emotionally stupid rules the roost.

Back
Top Bottom