• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ted Cruz: "Make El Chapo Pay for the Wall". I like it.

Maybe you didn't read

Yeah, I did. The most important part of that entire quote imo:

It is certainly reasonable to ask how effective a full border wall would be.

So far I haven't seen any reputable studies claiming spending $5b on a small portion of Trump's wall is a cost effective strategy for limiting illegal immigration and drug smuggling. Just a bunch of people pulling numbers out of their asses claiming it will work.

Can you provide links to reputable studies?

I love this idea...which could be extended to a variety of areas, and a variety of legal asset seizures!

Should have used Iran's previously frozen assets to fight Iranian-sponsored terrorism , for example, instead of retuening it to them for use in financing their attacks in Syria, etc.

Use any seized assets from cyber hackers to fund advancements in cyber security...etc...etc...

Ted Cruz Is Right: Make El Chapo Pay for the Wall

It would be poetic justice, is deliciously named, and wouldn’t cost the taxpayers a dime. It doesn’t make Mexico pay for the wall, just one particular Mexican who has done great injury to the people of the United States and who is responsible for a major part of drugs flooding into the United States.

Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) introduced a bill calling for the use of $14 billion seized from cartel drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman to be used to pay for the President’s border wall between the U.S. and Mexico.

“Fourteen billion dollars will go a long way toward building a wall that will keep Americans safe and hinder the illegal flow of drugs, weapons, and individuals across our southern border,” Senator Cruz stated, according to a statement obtained by Breitbart Texas from the senator’s office…

The Texas senator said that leveraging criminally forfeited assets from El Chapo and other Mexican cartel members and drug dealers can “offset the wall’s cost and make meaningful progress toward achieving President Trump’s stated border security objectives
.”

https://www.americanthinker.com/art...Yvzpjpn94WL_60mHAVLLu5YTzt3bVWE2oqypOznFMFqJY

I want Mexico to pay or I don't want it.

That is how it was sold, that is how it should be paid.

This el chapo cash can be used for soemthing positive.

So far I haven't seen any reputable studies claiming spending $5b on a small portion of Trump's wall is a cost effective strategy for limiting illegal immigration and drug smuggling. Just a bunch of people pulling numbers out of their asses claiming it will work.

he can't, there are none.

Can you produce reputable studies that show the wall would be ineffective?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Some don't need a ladder or rope.

If someone really wants to get here we would be hard pressed to stop them.

30 foot SOLID WALL w/concertina wire at the top = STOPPED.

illegals wall dems would build.jpg

Yes they were but not by the wall. Irrelevant anyways as the video was just posted in reference to Fletch's comments about ladders.

That's actually debatable. Sure, they weren't physically stopped by the wall, however they were hindered by it which may have given the authorities more time to react to it.

Some don't need a ladder or rope.

If someone really wants to get here we would be hard pressed to stop them.

This is one of those topics in which the level of stupid can seriously aggravate me. Lately it usually aggravates me, but it is worse here.

Have you ever tried to pull a ladder up like that? I am guessing not. Test your theory. Get a ladder, climb onto your roof, then pull the ladder up and climb down the other side. Lemme know how it works.

Turns out Ladders aren't all that heavy...

Back
Top Bottom