• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Ted Cruz: "Make El Chapo Pay for the Wall". I like it.

There is a fence there now, are they using ladders? Plus, once you use a ladder on the mexican side, how do you get down?

It has been nearly 20 years since I worked at our embassy in Mexico, but back then, yes, they used ladders in places. They then pull another ladder, or the same ladder, up and over to go down the other side. Or a rope. A lot of times the ladder was based from a truck.

I don’t know what the trends are nowadays.

Really? I need to post this real slow......you ..climb.......up.........ladder............straddle..........the...........wall.............and....
.........pull...........the...........ladder..................up................and ............drop.............the.............ladder.............on.........the.............US............side..................and , then, and then........

Have you ever tried to pull a ladder up like that? I am guessing not. Test your theory. Get a ladder, climb onto your roof, then pull the ladder up and climb down the other side. Lemme know how it works.

Have you ever tried to pull a ladder up like that? I am guessing not. Test your theory. Get a ladder, climb onto your roof, then pull the ladder up and climb down the other side. Lemme know how it works.

How do you think I got here?

I’m thinking you’re not degreed in engineering of any sort, amirite?

I love this idea...which could be extended to a variety of areas, and a variety of legal asset seizures!

Should have used Iran's previously frozen assets to fight Iranian-sponsored terrorism , for example, instead of retuening it to them for use in financing their attacks in Syria, etc.

Use any seized assets from cyber hackers to fund advancements in cyber security...etc...etc...

Ted Cruz Is Right: Make El Chapo Pay for the Wall

It would be poetic justice, is deliciously named, and wouldn’t cost the taxpayers a dime. It doesn’t make Mexico pay for the wall, just one particular Mexican who has done great injury to the people of the United States and who is responsible for a major part of drugs flooding into the United States.

Senator Ted Cruz (R-TX) introduced a bill calling for the use of $14 billion seized from cartel drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman to be used to pay for the President’s border wall between the U.S. and Mexico.

“Fourteen billion dollars will go a long way toward building a wall that will keep Americans safe and hinder the illegal flow of drugs, weapons, and individuals across our southern border,” Senator Cruz stated, according to a statement obtained by Breitbart Texas from the senator’s office…

The Texas senator said that leveraging criminally forfeited assets from El Chapo and other Mexican cartel members and drug dealers can “offset the wall’s cost and make meaningful progress toward achieving President Trump’s stated border security objectives
.”

https://www.americanthinker.com/art...Yvzpjpn94WL_60mHAVLLu5YTzt3bVWE2oqypOznFMFqJY

Get it thru your head. Elections have consequences. The American people voted against the wall twice already. Over 3 million more than for Trump in 2016 and many millions more again in 2018. We will not stand for minorities steamrolling our democracy any longer. There will be no wall, not now, not in 3 weeks not EVER and that is final. Give it up and give our border patrol their paychecks right now you pathetic hypocrites.

Last edited:
How do you think I got here?

I’m thinking you’re not degreed in engineering of any sort, amirite?

Im not. But I have used a ladder before. And you cannot straddle a fence and lift an object like that. I suppose there is some sort of physics or engineering involved in that, but that is something you can calculate if you like. I was a house painter all through college. I have been on numerous roofs and you simply cannot lift a ladder up to you unless the roof is mostly flat and you have several feet of space behind you with which to work. Something you dont have at the top of a fence.

Im not. But I have used a ladder before. And you cannot straddle a fence and lift an object like that. I suppose there is some sort of physics or engineering involved in that, but that is something you can calculate if you like. I was a house painter all through college. I have been on numerous roofs and you simply cannot lift a ladder up to you unless the roof is mostly flat and you have several feet of space behind you with which to work. Something you dont have at the top of a fence.

My experiences were different; maybe we concentrated on different muscle groups.........

There is a fence there now, are they using ladders? Plus, once you use a ladder on the mexican side, how do you get down?

71Jk-wF2lYL._SX425_.jpg

My experiences were different; maybe we concentrated on different muscle groups.........

Really? I need to post this real slow......you ..climb.......up.........ladder............straddle..........the...........wall.............and....
.........pull...........the...........ladder..................up................and ............drop.............the.............ladder.............on.........the.............US............side..................and , then, and then........

All that added money spent on their part and all that effort will detour a percentage of people to even try it.
Those that do try it cause more noise and it takes them more time to do it, leading to increased % of our border agents detaining those criminals. Which decreases even more people from even trying it.

That's worth a lot of money right there.

All that added money spent on their part and all that effort will detour a percentage of people to even try it.
Those that do try it cause more noise and it takes them more time to do it, leading to increased % of our border agents detaining those criminals. Which decreases even more people from even trying it.

How long do you think it takes to set up an extension ladder and then climb down a rope on the other side? I'm guessing 5-10 minutes? Better hire alot more border security.

How long do you think it takes to set up an extension ladder and then climb down a rope on the other side? I'm guessing 5-10 minutes? Better hire alot more border security.

That's 5 to 10 times longer then it currently takes them so im sure the catch % goes way up.
Current catch percentage average for the last 15 years is 50%, average for the last 3 years is closer to 60%. So 1 out of every 2 people that try to cross the border succeed, that's better odds then blackjack at Vegas. The CIS.org estimates that an increase from 60% catch rate to 70% catch rate the wall will pay for itself in 10 years. The CATO institute poke flaws in there assumptions and corrects some math and says that a 10% decrease in the flow of southern border jumpers and the wall will pay for itself in 20 years and that's including upkeep in maintenance costs.

You would do better with me if you were willing to pay a little attention to who I am and what I believe, for instance I have never been a Christian and I have been Zen for many decades.

You dont get to substitute your fantasies of what a Trump supporter is for me.

Dude, your posts are virtually always in support of Trump. They almost always cover the same talking points as the other Trump supporters. If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, I'm going to call it a duck.

You also so consider not assuming that I am stupider than you are.

Well let's find out if I'm wrong: Please provide the scientific evidence from reputable unbiased sources that spending $5b on a wall is a cost effective method of stopping illegal immigration and drug smuggling. And how does spending the money on a wall stack up to spending the money on more tech and more feet on the ground?

Last edited:

ROFL! Sarah Palin said the same thing! And Trump started to say the same thing until someone off to the side provided him with the answer. :lamo

So now you get to learn about another piece of technology:

Rope!

That's 5 to 10 times longer then it currently takes them so im sure the catch % goes way up.
Current catch percentage average for the last 15 years is 50%, average for the last 3 years is closer to 60%. So 1 out of every 2 people that try to cross the border succeed, that's better odds then blackjack at Vegas. The CIS.org estimates that an increase from 60% catch rate to 70% catch rate the wall will pay for itself in 10 years. The CATO institute poke flaws in there assumptions and corrects some math and says that a 10% decrease in the flow of southern border jumpers and the wall will pay for itself in 20 years and that's including upkeep in maintenance costs.

From what you've written, those "studies" appear to be meaningless. According to you, they're based on the wall stopping a certain percentage of people. Where is the evidence that it will stop that percentage of people?

Where is the evidence that this is a more cost effective method of spending $5b than using the money to buy more technology and putting more feet on the ground?

Last edited:

I’ll let your cult leader field that one:

So if it stops 1 person, it was worth spending $5b? No? Then how about if it stops 2 people?

It sounds like you're just pulling "facts" out of your ass. Please provide links to reputable studies that confirm this.

I’ll let your cult leader field that one:

ROFL! Thanks, this is hilarious. :)

If you see the camera angle where it shows the entire stage, you can see someone off to the side tell Trump about the "rope solution". He literally couldn't figure out how to get down from the top of a wall.

Pretty brazen, don't you think? How does he think about Mexico's borders? Of course the man, and the country in general, benefits nicely from spitting on our immigration laws. It is not a laughing matter?

Fox is an idiot and always has been.

Fox is an idiot and always has been.

And yet he isn't the one who many top advisors refer to as an idiot, or a moron, take your pick. That would be Trump.

Nor is Fox the one who is a world wide laughing stock.

President Trump Is Literally the Laughingstock of the World
Donald Trump draws mocking laughter as he boasts of America’s ‘might’ at UN
America the laughingstock
Trump Has Made America Into A Laughingstock
The year the world laughed at the U.S.
European diplomats: Trump is a 'laughing stock'
'People here think Trump is a laughingstock'
Trump is making America the laughingstock of the world

Again, that would your POTUS, Trump. BTW, did you notice that Trump has made Americans, particularly his supporters also world wide laughing stocks? How does that feel?

I'm still wondering where all the pressure to NOT really do something about illegal immigration went all of a sudden?

All those in the donor class who have enjoyed cheap labor and general wage suppression.

I don't think there ever was going to be a wall.

Just some conservative supreme court justices.

Americans have short attention spans.

I'll believe it when I see it.

They're gonna need a guest worker program. Which we should have had already. I'm sure lots would prefer being able to go home for Christmas, right?

I just don't see those in the donor class who enjoy cheap labor and general wage suppression giving all that up.

Just the massive increase in the cost of food comes to mind. Americans are NOT going to do that work for what they pay now.

ROFL! Thanks, this is hilarious. :)

If you see the camera angle where it shows the entire stage, you can see someone off to the side tell Trump about the "rope solution". He literally couldn't figure out how to get down from the top of a wall.

Neither could Fletch.

Maybe walls are effective in keeping *some* people out.

CATO is consistently full of ****, though

Ladders haven't worked yet on the Israeli wall why assume they will on our soon to be constructed wall.

Anyone can scale this huge proposed wall with a cheap ladder but we'll have no problem keeping any banned firearms out.

I'm still wondering where all the pressure to NOT really do something about illegal immigration went all of a sudden?

All those in the donor class who have enjoyed cheap labor and general wage suppression.

I don't think there ever was going to be a wall.

Just some conservative supreme court justices.

Americans have short attention spans.

I'll believe it when I see it.

They're gonna need a guest worker program. Which we should have had already. I'm sure lots would prefer being able to go home for Christmas, right?

I just don't see those in the donor class who enjoy cheap labor and general wage suppression giving all that up.

Just the massive increase in the cost of food comes to mind. Americans are NOT going to do that work for what they pay now.

Yeah, there's general silence about that part of it and it's the one area that can dramatically reduce the incentive to come here. That approach rocks too many boats and reaches into too many pockets, so the symbol of doing something about it is easier; well it appears that isn't so easy either.

Back
Top Bottom