• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Ted Cruz: An Atheist 'Isn't Fit To Be' President

So is this the part where cruz goes on faux news to clarify that mike hukabee, trump, and all other republican nominees are atheist?

And then in about 6 months (he hopes) it will be hillary's turn to stomp on a crucifix

May you never really have to live where "persecution" means more than a presidential candidate saying something you dislike. There is no persecution in the US, either for or against atheists, Christians, etc.

are you sure? In several states, atheists are legally barred from public office.

my nationality cannot help me determine what's going on in your head...

conservatives should stop this propaganda....any other translation is needed?

conservatives should stop this propaganda....any other translation is needed?

should liberals stop it too?.. or just conservatives?...

how about atheists and Muslims... should they stop their propaganda too?

'None of the above' is the fastest growing 'belief' system in America. Get used to it, because atheism is knocking on America's door in a big way.

should liberals stop it too?.. or just conservatives?...

how about atheists and Muslims... should they stop their propaganda too?

you need too many explanations baby

'None of the above' is the fastest growing 'belief' system in America. Get used to it, because atheism is knocking on America's door in a big way.

"none of the above" =/= athieist...
there's literally nothing " big" about atheists/atheism.

Unaffiliated Americans are sometimes referred to as "Nones".[7][8][9] Though having no religion and not seeking religion they have diverse views: 68% believe in God, 12% are atheists, 17% are agnostics; 18% consider themselves religious, 37% consider themselves as spiritual but not religious, and 42% considers themselves as neither spiritual or religious; and 21% pray every day and 24% pray once a month.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irreligion_in_the_United_States

Generally speaking an atheist would most likely be bereft of any moral code other than self promotion like Machiavelli or Nietzsche. That would make them unfit in my view.

Generally speaking, you haven't the slightest idea what the hell you're talking about. I don't need to fear divine retribution from a deity to act like a decent human being, and neither do the vast majority of nonbelievers.

4 pages in an no one has made that point that Cruz DID NOT say Athiests aren't fit to be President.

he said
"Any president who doesn't begin every day on his knees isn't fit to be commander-in-chief of this country,"

I know it's Huffpo's headlines that's being used here... but people really need to read before they go off and regurgitate "mistruths"

President IS "commander in chief of this country."

"none of the above" =/= athieist...
there's literally nothing " big" about atheists/atheism.

Whether your want to call it atheism, agnostics, non-belief, or simply a rejection of organized religion -- that's where America is headed. I'm not affiliated any Atheist Church that is competing with these brands of irreligion.

The Falwell/Huckabee brand of religious bludgeoning has been to the detriment of religion and has only facilitated its decline.

Whether your want to call it atheism, agnostics, non-belief, or simply a rejection of organized religion -- that's where America is headed. I'm not affiliated any Atheist Church that is competing with these brands of irreligion.
stop lumping in all those terms as if they are synonymous... they aren't.

The Falwell/Huckabee brand of religious bludgeoning has been to the detriment of religion and has only facilitated its decline.
you're entitled to that opinion.

Odd that the founding fathers in the 1700s didn't believe any of the stuff you posted. So do you believe in the constitution or not? Should a religious test be required for office?

I'm not sure there were any atheist founding fathers. Got a name?

And I do believe in the U.S. Constitution.

If it were up to me the religious test would be if you're an atheist keep walking. :)

Odd that the founding fathers in the 1700s didn't believe any of the stuff you posted. So do you believe in the constitution or not? Should a religious test be required for office?

As long as its his religion.

What I found ironic was how many times I've seen some atheists here say flat out that having religious beliefs makes one unfit to be doctors, presidents, etc.

Well that is just silly. Every President we have had, as far as we know, and nearly every Supreme Court Justice and Congressman we have ever had has been religious or at least believed in God. And they have all done a splendid job.

I'm not sure there were any atheist founding fathers. Got a name?

And I do believe in the U.S. Constitution.

If it were up to me the religious test would be if you're an atheist keep walking. :)

Thank God its not up to you!

And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this the most venerated reformer of human errors."- Thomas Jefferson

"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise."- James Madison

"This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in

it"- John Adams

Thank God its not up to you!

And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerva in the brain of Jupiter. But we may hope that the dawn of reason and freedom of thought in these United States will do away with all this artificial scaffolding, and restore to us the primitive and genuine doctrines of this the most venerated reformer of human errors."- Thomas Jefferson

"Religious bondage shackles and debilitates the mind and unfits it for every noble enterprise."- James Madison

"This would be the best of all possible worlds if there were no religion in

it"- John Adams

Hari, we have a special thread just for folks like you who claim Jesus is a myth. It's in the Philosophy Forum. It's called 'Jesus Myth Claims.' Would love for you to come over there and make your case to back up your rhetoric. So far, nobody has. But there you have to back it up. Here you can just belch out whatever you want.

What I found ironic was how many times I've seen some atheists here say flat out that having religious beliefs makes one unfit to be doctors, presidents, etc.

I've never seen that.

From the perspective of a non-Christian Cruz's comments are a red flag.

Back
Top Bottom