• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Taliban vs. Mosque

If you were always consistent in this holier-than-thou stance, it would be very impressive and extremely praiseworthy. But you’re never so terribly offended and butt-hurt when defamation and demonization nests on the other foot. It’s your cubbyhole, but a Planck cube is neither a spacious nor a grande niche.

Let's get back on topic and stop discussing other posters.

Let's get back on topic and stop discussing other posters.

I am not too up on the Mosque Protests but anything like the people who claim they learned everything they needed to know about Islam on 9/11 show xenophobia which does play right into extremists hands. We learned that after 9/11 when Muslims and there properties here (UK) suffered 670 attacks in 2 weeks. The extremists were on hand to pick up disaffected people, often those who were from Pakistan (our main Muslim population) but not practising Muslims.

Regarding the Taliban, well while I am surprised at him being so forthcoming, of course that is what is to be expected. A few months back in the European forum we had a thread on Afghan Mullahs coming to London and being surprised that Muslims were free to worship.

After prayers, he told the BBC: "People in Helmand say that in Britain there are no mosques and no freedom to worship, so I was really surprised to see so many people come and pray here freely. I will take that message back home."

BBC News - Afghanistan Mullahs in London to bridge cultural divide

I am not too up on the Mosque Protests but anything like the people who claim they learned everything they needed to know about Islam on 9/11 show xenophobia which does play right into extremists hands. We learned that after 9/11 when Muslims and there properties here (UK) suffered 670 attacks in 2 weeks. The extremists were on hand to pick up disaffected people, often those who were from Pakistan (our main Muslim population) but not practising Muslims.

Regarding the Taliban, well while I am surprised at him being so forthcoming, of course that is what is to be expected. A few months back in the European forum we had a thread on Afghan Mullahs coming to London and being surprised that Muslims were free to worship.

BBC News - Afghanistan Mullahs in London to bridge cultural divide

Agreed, some Muslims will spin the facts against us no matter what we do. But we still choose whether to show tolerance or hatred, and our choices have consequences either way. What's really sickening is to see the politicians and media demagogues playing on this non-issue. They're inviting animosity against all of us for the sake of their own careers.

and can very much be compared with how we dealt with NI here. Scotland was sometimes praised for managing to keep out of that conflict but if the emphasis had been put on religion, I doubt if that would have been the case.

We (West) seem to have lost some sanity. The sane attitude is to respect all Muslims who are US citizens and arrest and deal with the few who may be terrorists rather than treating them all as potential terrorists. Then the majority feeling an accepted part of the society will far more quickly move against the few. By ostracising them, it is far more easy for the 'groomers' to step in and say things which sound like they may have an element of truth, eg, They hate Islam, rather than Isamist terrorists are dangerous to us all.

Back
Top Bottom