• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Taliban Bring Back ‘Virtue’ Ministry, Stoning and Amputations for ‘Major Sins’

They just defeated the world's Superpower without any high tech equipment at all. Now that they've aligned with China, Russia, and Iran that formerly secret weaponry might come in handy. Or, like all other Leftists, have you not thought that far ahead?
Maybe you can join your military, and help the keep the 'night goggled' equipped Taliban from taking over the world? -0-0-........lol

They won the peace. Not the war. Trump saw to that. His own former National Security Chief said that the agreement signed by Pompeo in Doha was essentially an instrument of surrender. Biden didn't agree to their every whim. He decided enough is enough and ended a war his predecessor had promised to end when he campaigned for President. Only he didn't have the guts to actually do it. Whereas Biden did. The Taliban's euphoria is likely to be short lived once the reality that they may have bitten off more than they can chew begins to dawn upon them.
The Taliban were creating the terms for the retreat, keeping Americans hostage, taking billions in US weaponry, making sure no translators and other allies were able to leave and they've already begun their killing spree.

What "Peace" are you referring to?? Are there any treaties in place? A guarantee that Americans and their Allies will never get attacked again? Who's feeding you this crap???

Those 'feelings' have to be definitely supported by facts.
The feeling of fear for one's life is pretty subjective, which is why these cases have mixed results in court, but mainly favor police. In some cases where police have reported it that way but then video shows them shooting someone in the back makes that process easier, but many have not been so cut and dry; like Philando Castile.

Since there were several people around him at the time were any of them questioned at the time as to whether Ashli Babbitt posed a threat to their lives and whether she frightened them.
This perhaps is a better argument if she was alone or with a handful of people, but since she was part of a much larger group who was trying to force their way in, the dynamic is a bit different.

And why did the officer run from the scene as soon as he shot her?
I didn't see that in the video nor in the initial reports, so if you have a citation I'd be happy to read it. The other question is why the officers blocking the door in front of the protestors moved aside.

The Taliban were creating the terms for the retreat, keeping Americans hostage, taking billions in US weaponry, making sure no translators and other allies were able to leave and they've already begun their killing spree.

What "Peace" are you referring to?? Are there any treaties in place? A guarantee that Americans and their Allies will never get attacked again? Who's feeding you this crap???
Are you actually surprised that a group of Muslim Extremists who embrace a strict interpretation of Shariah Law "have begun their killing spree", now that the U.S. Military has left the region?

You really don't have a clue about this technology and how important it was. Now all the enemies of the world's democracies will have it, with China now able to use that technology and mass produce them.

What part of 'decommissioned' and 'dashboards destroyed' are you having difficulties understanding? And are you actually naive enough to think China and Russia don't possess the technology to manufacture their own night goggles in 2021? :rolleyes:

The feeling of fear for one's life is pretty subjective, which is why these cases have mixed results in court, but mainly favor police. In some cases where police have reported it that way but then video shows them shooting someone in the back makes that process easier, but many have not been so cut and dry; like Philando Castile.

This perhaps is a better argument if she was alone or with a handful of people, but since she was part of a much larger group who was trying to force their way in, the dynamic is a bit different.

I didn't see that in the video nor in the initial reports, so if you have a citation I'd be happy to read it. The other question is why the officers blocking the door in front of the protestors moved aside.
I appreciate your argument but feel it will get us nowhere. Some are happy Ashli Babbitt is dead, some feel it was necessary and others are grieving. We all can respond differently. I would never have pulled the trigger on this woman but that's speaking just for me.

I appreciate your argument but feel it will get us nowhere. Some are happy Ashli Babbitt is dead, some feel it was necessary and others are grieving. We all can respond differently. I would never have pulled the trigger on this woman but that's speaking just for me.
Some are both grieving that Babbitt made her own bad decisions which led to her death, but are also happy to have one less insurrectionist to worry about.

What part of 'decommissioned' and 'dashboards destroyed' are you having difficulties understanding? And are you actually naive enough to think China and Russia don't possess the technology to manufacture their own night goggles in 2021? :rolleyes:
You beliefs are not important to me. What facts do you have.

Some are both grieving that Babbitt made her own bad decisions which led to her death, but are happy to have one less insurrectionist to worry about.
What "insurrection" are you referring to? Do you understand its meaning?

You beliefs are not important to me. What facts do you have.
If my beliefs are not important to you, find your own facts that fit into your personal desires, agendas, and narratives....lol

What "insurrection" are you referring to? Do you understand its meaning?
So you're attempting, and failing, to discuss an issue you have ZERO knowledge of. Thanks for admitting as such. ( baby steps )

Are you actually surprised that a group of Muslim Extremists who embrace a strict interpretation of Shariah Law "have begun their killing spree", now that the U.S. Military has left the region?
No, not at all surprised. It seems they are not 'cooperating' as Biden claimed, unless this was part of the deal.

No, not at all surprised. It seems they are not 'cooperating' as Biden claimed, unless this was part of the deal.
"Cooperating" with what? The troop withdrawal and/or something else? The Taliban's stated stance was that after Aug 31/2021, they would do as they damn well pleased with their newly installed government. You have any ideas/solutions to stop from doing as they please in their own country?

So you're attempting, and failing, to discuss an issue you have ZERO knowledge of. Thanks for admitting as such.
Right. I have no knowledge of any recent "insurrection" and, what's more, neither does the FBI. So what 'insurrection' are you referring to?

They just defeated the world's Superpower without any high tech equipment at all. Now that they've aligned with China, Russia, and Iran that formerly secret weaponry might come in handy. Or, like all other Leftists, have you not thought that far ahead?
What kind of "formerly secret weaponry"? Much of what's been reported on the remaining equipment seems like pretty standard equipment the the Russians, Chinese, and Iranians already have. Thus far Russia is still waiting to recognize the Taliban government, so they're not quite "aligned" just yet. If you remember their previous stint at governance, they weren't recognized by many of the world's nations; in fact only three did: UAE, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia.

"Cooperating" with what? The troop withdrawal and/or something else? The Taliban's stated stance was that after Aug 31/2021, they would do as they damn well please with their newly installed government.
It was Biden who said the Taliban were being 'cooperative'.

You're not following what's been going on in this historical event yet seem eager to share your uninformed opinions. Why not start again and learn something and then come back in a week or two to share your thoughts?

And in honor of the person that made it all possible, they are calling it "The Biden Act"

" We had actually a very good talk with the leader of the Taliban" Trump March 2020

What kind of "formerly secret weaponry"? Much of what's been reported on the remaining equipment seems like pretty standard equipment the the Russians, Chinese, and Iranians already have. Thus far Russia is still waiting to recognize the Taliban government, so they're not quite "aligned" just yet. If you remember their previous stint at governance, they weren't recognized by many of the world's nations; in fact only three did: UAE, Pakistan, and Saudi Arabia.
No, a great deal were not 'out of date' and now the technology can go anywhere. Those in the field understood the importance of this latest technology, and they were interviewed, but perhaps these interviews weren't carried everywhere. https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-58356045

Fair enough, but the argument I present is the very same one that's used when other people are shot by police as an immediate defense of an officer's actions. The compelling case here for the officer is he shot someone actively breaking through a secured area with the potential of others following behind her.

No, a great deal were not 'out of date' and now the technology can go anywhere. Those in the field understood the importance of this latest technology, and they were interviewed, but perhaps these interviews weren't carried everywhere.
I never stated the equipment was out of date. What I said was none of it was equipment not found in the military of other nations, and you seem to forget that the Taliban has been the beneficiary of US equipment from victories they'd have in skirmishes with the ANSF.

Back
Top Bottom