• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Taliban Bring Back ‘Virtue’ Ministry, Stoning and Amputations for ‘Major Sins’

Most of their main army folded, but their special forces did not. There are Afghans who are still fighting the Taliban.

The problem was that they were being made to fight a war with one arm tied behind their backs. Just like in Vietnam. When US withdrew, ANA folded, just like ARVN folded. It's easy to see why.

Bumper stickers. Where are the details? What specifically tied arms behind backs and why should it be done away with?

Nowhere, because you weren't given them. You were just told to say Biden sucks, so you said Biden sucks. The closest to a plan I've heard from any of you about anything is that we should use "effective strategies" and we should do it "logically" while "put[ting] America First".

Gee thanks.

Well I'd be careful with throwing that stone, if I were you. It's the Republicans trying to Handmaid Tale this shit, just look at their oppressive anti-abortion laws already.

As for the Taliban, they're a bunch of ultra-right religious nutjobs. You can't trust those folk.
I think that if the Left wouldn't try to Thought Police others on abortion, wouldn't try to suppress people from publishing footage of aborted fetuses, etc, then the Left would be better positioned to make their case. But instead they try to short-circuit that by muzzling opponents, and resorting to political tricks. Look at the smearing of Bret Kavanaugh, all because of their unfounded fear that his being a judicial conservative somehow automatically made him a political conservative, and thus anti-abortion.

Is the Trumpist attempting to claim that Republicans openly shit all over a constitutional ruling named "Roe v. Wade" because the left made them do it?

By...what... not agreeing to shit on the constitutional ruling themselves?

If Ashli Babbitt "was killed for no reason whatsoever", why wasn't someone charged with that killing? It appears the FBI disagrees with your unfounded positive claim. :unsure:
Exactly. Why no public investigation? There was certainly a public hearing in the George Floyd killing.

That would imply she was standing around and got shot by accident, which was not the case. She was first person to make it past a barricaded door as a mob of protesters were trying to break through. From a police perspective, the "fearing for one's life" can easily apply, as it's been made for even less threatening situations than this one.
No, she was deliberately killed and for no reason whatsoever.

Exactly. Why no public investigation? There was certainly a public hearing in the George Floyd killing.
You'd have to ask the Feds for a definitive answer to that one. Please get back with us if you do, and share with the class as to what you found out. Thanks in advance.

No, she was deliberately killed and for no reason whatsoever.
Looked to me like she was either magically levitating, or trying to crawl through that breached, broken security glass. Which of the two do you think is more likely? 🤷‍♂️

You'd have to ask the Feds for a definitive answer to that one. Please get back with us if you do, and share with the class as to what you found out. Thanks in advance.
Americans are killing each other on a regular basis and I can only watch in wonderment. Your indifference means nothing to me and is not unusual.

The Ministry for Propagation of Virtue and Prevention of Vice -- something that Democrats are slowly building towards, with their Ministry of Truth -- is now officially back in force with the Taliban:

The Afghanis should have fought harder. No sympathy from me on this matter.

Looked to me like she was either magically levitating, or trying to crawl through that breached, broken security glass. Which of the two do you think is more likely? 🤷‍♂️
Doesn't matter. She did not deserve to be killed.

Americans are killing each other on a regular basis and I can only watch in wonderment. Your indifference means nothing to me and is not unusual.
My "indifference"?

Bumper stickers. Where are the details? What specifically tied arms behind backs and why should it be done away with?

In both Vietnam & Afghanistan, the US military was fighting inside a country, while enemy combatants were flooding in across the border from the country nextdoor. (North Vietnam & Pakistan respectively)
Meanwhile, US military forces and their local partners had their hands tied by decision-makers in Washington not allowing them to cross the border to invade the neighboring country, which was acting as a staging ground and support base for the enemy combatants. Because the enemy's host country nextdoor was not invaded, the enemy was able to continue regenerating their warfighting capability and continue the war.
What if WW2 had been fought in this way? What if US & Allied powers had sent troops to liberate France, but they were only allowed to fight in that country, and not allowed to take the fight into Germany nextdoor? It's doubtful the outcome of WW2 in Europe would have been the same.

Nowhere, because you weren't given them. You were just told to say Biden sucks, so you said Biden sucks. The closest to a plan I've heard from any of you about anything is that we should use "effective strategies" and we should do it "logically" while "put[ting] America First".

Gee thanks.

Biden totally blew the withdrawal. The idea was for the US to withdraw only when the Taliban & Afghan National govt were engaged in negotiations to share power. That never happened. The Taliban never took the negotiations seriously, and kept pursuing gains through fighting on the ground.
Biden was solely concerned with US & international perceptions of the war, and not on the actual ground realities, as can be seen from his call with Ghani. Biden just wanted to be able to strut on a stage on Sept 11 to tell everyone he ended the war with honor. He didn't end the war with honor, he threw away all the accomplishments of 20 years of effort, expenditure and lives.

The Afghanis should have fought harder. No sympathy from me on this matter.
Then don't start what you can't finish.

Getting whupped by a bunch of goat fanciers only underlines the fact that leftists can never be embarrassed about anything anymore.

Getting whupped by a bunch of goat fanciers only underlines the fact that leftists can never be embarrassed about anything anymore.
The U.S. Military got "whupped by a bunch of goat fanciers"?

In both Vietnam & Afghanistan, the US military was fighting inside a country, while enemy combatants were flooding in across the border from the country nextdoor. (North Vietnam & Pakistan respectively)
Meanwhile, US military forces and their local partners had their hands tied by decision-makers in Washington not allowing them to cross the border to invade the neighboring country, which was acting as a staging ground and support base for the enemy combatants. Because the enemy's host country nextdoor was not invaded, the enemy was able to continue regenerating their warfighting capability and continue the war.
What if WW2 had been fought in this way? What if US & Allied powers had sent troops to liberate France, but they were only allowed to fight in that country, and not allowed to take the fight into Germany nextdoor? It's doubtful the outcome of WW2 in Europe would have been the same.
WWII would have been lost if the same culture of today existed then. It would have been 'racist' to criticize the Germans or Japanese and the left's antipathy towards Jews is well known. There would be massive protests against the war, and there were protests by the leftists of the day anyway, and without America Hitler would have won.

The U.S. Military got "whupped by a bunch of goat fanciers"?
Yep! The Taliban were certainly not the world's "Superpower" but they are certainly an international power now that Biden has supplied them with world class weaponry.

Yep! The Taliban were certainly not the world's "Superpower" but they are certainly an international power now that Biden has supplied them with world class weaponry.
But the "goat fanciers didn't" have those decommissioned weapons when you claimed they "whupped the U.S. military." 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:

It was a Republican President who got us in to Afghanistan. Lots of blame on both sides.

And Trump gave the Taliban legitimacy in Doha . Short memory?

Except they're not just a bunch of goat fanciers. They're much more than that. Don't forget we helped arm and train them.

And Trump gave the Taliban legitimacy in Doha . Short memory?
You may have thought of them as 'legitimate' but few others did. Are you familiar with their record?

Back
Top Bottom