• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tactical Nukes

another in a sad series of emotional, TV inspired, irrational posts.

Why can't you folks understand, Ukraine is not in NATO. Ukraine is not in our sphere of influence.

This is not true of Poland. Poland is a member of NATO. Attacking Poland is attacking teh USA. Attacking Ukraine is attacking Ukraine.

Good ****in grief.
Ukraine has real people in it too or are they just expendables? What makes you think NATO means anything to Putin . He has more nukes than NATO so that means he wins right? Russia is just warming up with Ukraine all of eastern europe could be next. That is why we are stopping Putin in Ukraine. We will not ever desert the valiant warriors of Ukraine. NEVER. It is unthinkable. They will fight Russia to the last man and take a million Russians with them. They do not care if they lose as long as they are not enslaved again.

Last edited:
Do you know better, I hope?

I know what the Ukrainians are saying, why there stated war aims are

You are clearly oblivious to them.

"The war in Ukraine began with Crimea and must end with its liberation, President Volodymyr Zelensky has said.
Ukraine's president was speaking after a string of explosions hit a Russian airbase there, killing one person.
Mr Zelensky did not mention Tuesday's blasts but said: "Crimea is Ukrainian and we will never give it up."

Such a simplistic, war mongering utterance.

I prefer a cerebral approach. Not a cowboy movie approach.
You want Ukraine to be enslaved so your tiny little brain is not stressed. Man up and trust our military and intelligence services who do not think Putin will Start WWII over Ukraine. Russia sent its jets and pilots to dogfight with American aircraft in Vietnam and we did not nuke them for it did we?

noonereal:

The Eastern European sphere of influence argument died with the collapse of the Soviet Union and the near collapse of Russia after the Cold War. Ukraine is a sovereign state with every right to defend itself. The West has every right to help it to do so. This upholds international law and also offers an opportunity for the West to further weaken a somewhat resurgent Russia.

The old paradigms no longer apply.

Be well and survive.
Evilroddy.

Aren't you a biology teacher/professor, or something like that?

You seem to be stuck in outdated paradigms.

Do you know what humanity's two biggest problems are?

noonereal:

The Eastern European sphere of influence argument died with the collapse of the Soviet Union and the near collapse of Russia after the Cold War. Ukraine is a sovereign state with every right to defend itself. The West has every right to help it to do so. This upholds international law and also offers an opportunity for the West to further weaken a somewhat resurgent Russia.

Be well and survive.
Evilroddy.

Of no relevance.

Do you now understand that Putin/Russia’s own actions are the reason more countries surrounding Russia WANT TO JOIN NATO?
Who are you talking to?

Did I ever not understand this? No. I am not responsible for the dolt posts here.

Putin/Russia has no respect for smaller countries. Putin/Russia think they can invade sovereign countries. They’re a bully

Isn't this also true of us, only more so because we are more powerful? Isn't this true of every nation state? Every human? Yes it is.

Ukraine has real people in it too or are they just expendables? What makes you think NATO means anything to Putin . He has more nukes than NATO so that means he wins right? Russia is just warming up with Ukraine all of eastern europe could be next. That is why we are stopping Putin in Ukraine. We will not ever desert the valiant warriors of Ukraine. NEVER. It is unthinkable. They will fight Russia to the last man and take a million Russians with them. They do not care if they lose as long as they are not enslaved again.

God bless you.

Luckily we have pragmatic, reasoned folks in DC now.

Peace

"The war in Ukraine began with Crimea and must end with its liberation, President Volodymyr Zelensky has said.
Ukraine's president was speaking after a string of explosions hit a Russian airbase there, killing one person.
Mr Zelensky did not mention Tuesday's blasts but said: "Crimea is Ukrainian and we will never give it up."

Point?

Putin says the same.

Guess what, when all is said and done, it will be Putin's. Even Zelensky realizes this. (although he has become a bit full of himself as the USA has been so generous)

humanity's two biggest problems
Food and malnutrition?
Debt and unemployment?
Misinformation and energy?
Religion and greed?

What direction you going with this? I am intrigued.

Last edited:
I would not lie to you.

Go ahead, try to explain it's relevance.

Evil Roddy writes far better than I do:
noonereal:

Be well and survive.
Evilroddy.

Read for comprehension. Not merely response.

Evil Roddy writes far better than I do:

Read for comprehension. Not merely response.

People need to view all life situations from other perspectives.

Everything is relative. Everything changes as our vantage point changes.

Even our sound reasoning is warped by how we want things to be.

Food and malnutrition?
Debt and unemployment?
Misinformation and energy?
Religion and greed?

What direction you going with this? I am intrigued.

1. Environmental collapse (especially climate change)

2. Nuclear war

Well, take solace in the fact that nuclear war may well remedy climate change!

If humanity commits nuclear suicide, then environmental suicide (ecocide) is a moot point.

Such a simplistic, war mongering utterance.

I prefer a cerebral approach. Not a cowboy movie approach.
The war mongerers are the ones you're trying to appease. THEY are the Cowboys, ask THEM to stop.

Hold the aggressors in this war to the same ****ing standard you apparently seem to reserve only for its victims.

You want Ukraine to be enslaved so your tiny little brain is not stressed. Man up and trust our military and intelligence services who do not think Putin will Start WWII over Ukraine. Russia sent its jets and pilots to dogfight with American aircraft in Vietnam and we did not nuke them for it did we?
Russia also set up SAM sites in Vietnam to shoot down American planes. Johnson didn't allow us to target those sites as he thought it could start WWIII with the Russians. I believe he was wrong. There were also Russian advisors in Vietnam.

WOW

So I am echoing what the Ukrainian leadership is saying, and you are just spouting your own worthless opinion
And you have the gall to say it is akin to Pulitzer Prize winning journalism ?

Sorry, but that has to be the worst joke of the week on here.

Back
Top Bottom