• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Tactical Nukes

I've thought. Tell Russia and the US to think. The stupid assholes are fixing to kill millions or billions.

And if Russia doesn’t want to think? If Russia just wants Ukraine?

How does your international justice system stop them?

Tactical nukes seem to get a lot of attention these day and for the record Putin will use them if Ukraine does not capitulate and he can't win with conventional forces which it seems he can't.

So, just how powerful are tactical nukes? These are no mere bunker buster bombs kicked up a notch. A tactical nuke has the same strength as the bomb we dropped on Hiroshima. Enough to destroy a medium sized city.

How powerful are strategic nukes? Well, these are unimaginably strong. At 50 miles from detonation expect burns and to be ripped apart by flying glass as all windows will blow out. Inside 50 miles, the closer you get, the worse it gets. Winds will start out at 500 mph from teh blast site. (fade the further out you are of course)
Best to be at ground zero.

So what say you? Still feeling hard line toward Putin over Ukraine, a non NATO member?
Bolded is an opinion not a fact. In all probability if he is insane enough to try his own people will show him to the window

Not that it matters capitulating to Putin will just encourage him to continue to attack his neighbors.

I have yet to meet one here in the West. Are you from Russia?
You should talk to EMNofSeattle for a while. There are many on this forum who actively praise and worship Putin and his regime, EMN is one of them.

You want to play chicken with nuclear weapons and see how bad nuclear war would be?!
You're the kind of person that would give in to literally any demand by Putin because you harbor that much cowardice. If Russia invaded the US you'd plead Americans to put their weapons down and accept it so we can avoid any violence.

You're the kind of person that would give in to literally any demand by Putin because you harbor that much cowardice. If Russia invaded the US you'd plead Americans to put their weapons down and accept it so we can avoid any violence.

Stop pretending like you know my positions, and stop pretending that you're brave (keyboard warmonger). You're rooting for the stupidest thing humans could do.

"If Russia invaded the US" shows how scared and out of touch with reality you are.

Then wake up and read the news. Russia has been threatening their use for months now.

Depends how effective that response is (and it doesn't have to be a nuclear one).

You're probably right but sadly, we might all be.
Didn't say I didn't know it, I said I can't believe it.

Not ridiculous in Putin's or the Polish people's mind.

Come on man. I don't mean to sound rude but this is ridiculous.

Of course going into Poland, know the NATO agreement is COMPLETELY different to Putin. Good grief.

WWII started when the Poles choose to fight.

And who chose to fight with them? The countries they had defensive treaties with.

Sorry but it is the stupidest assumption on earth to think Putin would walk into Poland.

Let this sink in. If we let Putin take Ukraine Poland will be next and so on until he has all of europe. Why not? The same rules will apply. He who has nukes wins. Is that what you want?

another in a sad series of emotional, TV inspired, irrational posts.

Why can't you folks understand, Ukraine is not in NATO. Ukraine is not in our sphere of influence.

This is not true of Poland. Poland is a member of NATO. Attacking Poland is attacking teh USA. Attacking Ukraine is attacking Ukraine.

Good ****in grief.

Cuba wasn't in the Warsaw Pact.

I took teh time last night to find a link to support my posts which you challenged last night. As with the link I supplied last night, you can see my opening posts was highly accurate. I did not feel I need a link in the OP as what I stated is common knowledge, at least to me.

Peace brother

Why do people not understand? Ukraine is not in Nato and Eastern Europe is not in our sphere of influence.
noonereal:

The Eastern European sphere of influence argument died with the collapse of the Soviet Union and the near collapse of Russia after the Cold War. Ukraine is a sovereign state with every right to defend itself. The West has every right to help it to do so. This upholds international law and also offers an opportunity for the West to further weaken a somewhat resurgent Russia.

The old paradigms no longer apply.

Be well and survive.
Evilroddy.

noonereal:

The Eastern European sphere of influence argument died with the collapse of the Soviet Union and the near collapse of Russia after the Cold War. Ukraine is a sovereign state with every right to defend itself. The West has every right to help it to do so. This upholds international law and also offers an opportunity for the West to further weaken a somewhat resurgent Russia.

The old paradigms no longer apply.

Be well and survive.
Evilroddy.

This post should be gold starred.

another in a sad series of emotional, TV inspired, irrational posts.

Why can't you folks understand, Ukraine is not in NATO. Ukraine is not in our sphere of influence.

This is not true of Poland. Poland is a member of NATO. Attacking Poland is attacking teh USA. Attacking Ukraine is attacking Ukraine.

Good ****in grief.
Correct, Ukraine is not in NATO. If they were, Putin would never have attacked them because Putin wouldn’t dare attack a NATO country because the US would then become involved and Russia would certainly lose.

This is why Poland IS in NATO and why Ukraine wanted to join NATO.

Do you now understand that Putin/Russia’s own actions are the reason more countries surrounding Russia WANT TO JOIN NATO?

Putin/Russia has no respect for smaller countries. Putin/Russia think they can invade sovereign countries. They’re a bully and they cannot be allowed to continue abusing smaller non-NATO counties.

Their actions alone have practically all of western civilization allied against them in one way, shape or form.

What Amnesty actually said was that they recorded dozens of instances of Ukraine setting up shop in hospitals (often occupied) and schools, and then when Russia inevitably hits the building, Ukraine can say "tah dah!", look at Russian war crimes!

Quote ?

Or perhaps a source confirming this ?

Back
Top Bottom