• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

SYRIA: Let our Enemies Wipe Each Other Out.

Now innocents are slaughtered by suicide bombing maniacs or car bombed by terrorists.

First, that's nothing compared to what Saddam did. Second, no one promised them (or you) utopia.

Right...sure..whatever you say. The middle east is safe and stable and muslims are tolerant and peaceful and they live together in peace and harmony....9/11 never happened, women aren't stoned to death

When faced with reality, do you always strawman your opponent? That's not healthy, intellectually, and it's not debate.

First, that's nothing compared to what Saddam did. Second, no one promised them (or you) utopia.

Saddam?

You mean the guy who, as long as he was killing iranians in the iran-iraq war, was our best friend in the area? THAT Saddam?
The one we supported with arms, money and satellite info? That one? Yeah..he was a great guy..as long as he killed only who we told him to kill.

When faced with reality, do you always strawman your opponent? That's not healthy, intellectually, and it's not debate.
You duck and dodge so much I'm not going to run in circles chasing you..you're right..muslims are no threat to the u.s. or each other. We siimply misunderstood their 9/11 show of affection for us as an attack.

Why do so many think there are only two sides in the Syrian civil war? Is it a function of the conservative tendency to bilateral thinking? The "My way or the Hiway" thought pattern of George Bush? Why?

Saddam?

You mean the guy who, as long as he was killing iranians in the iran-iraq war, was our best friend in the area? THAT Saddam?
The one we supported with arms, money and satellite info? That one? Yeah..he was a great guy..as long as he killed only who we told him to kill.

Yeah, the US told Saddam to commit genocide. It's all the US's fault.

You duck and dodge so much I'm not going to run in circles chasing you..you're right..muslims are no threat to the u.s. or each other. We siimply misunderstood their 9/11 show of affection for us as an attack.

Muslims are not a threat. Terrorists are. Failing to differentiate between the two is pathetic.

Muslims are not a threat. Terrorists are. Failing to differentiate between the two is pathetic.
That rather depends upon the Muslim, or the Christian, or the Jew, or the ______ for that matter.

Were the hijackers on 9/11 muslims?

Are the people killing each other in syria (iraq, iran, afghanistan, libya, egypt, etc...) muslim?

Were the hijackers on 9/11 muslims?

Are the people killing each other in syria (iraq, iran, afghanistan, libya, egypt, etc...) muslim?

Is the Wesboro Baptist Church Christian?

Are the people bombing abortion clinics Christian?

Is the Wesboro Baptist Church Christian?

Are the people bombing abortion clinics Christian?

Somerville said:
Were the Irish who killed each other in Northern Ireland - Christians?
Deflection and evasion.

Is this thread about christians or abortion...or ireland?

I disagree...they were decent pilots, it would appear. They went exactly where they wanted to.
I think they got lucky. Their version of a One Way Ticket was far too literal in my opinion.

It isn't an "either-or" proposition. You obfuscate on purpose.

Saddam is responsible for his actions.

I think it's funny that the same people who want diplomacy condemn it at their convenience.

Well, I'll agree on this much... it is highly improbable that either (or whichever) faction wins in Syria, will be our trustworthy friend when the dust settles... even if we helped them.

Thus, intervention seems kinda pointless from the perspective of our own interests.

Apparently you can lob a few missiles around that part of the world, then go Oopps. We should just come up with some old Russian or Chinese armaments and take out Assad.

Oopps!

Deflection and evasion.

It's not deflection. It's a reflection of the ridiculousness of your demonization.

Deflection and evasion.

I do believe you are ignoring a valid rejoinder to your post #61. Do you have any idea about the conflicts within the Muslim faith between Shia and Sunni, never mind some of the smaller sects within Islam, such as the Sufi or the Ismaili? Just as with the Catholics and Protestants in Ireland, there is long standing conflict over matters of doctrine between Shia and Sunni. Add to those theological differences, the tribal wars that have gone on for centuries and - yes, we have Muslims attacking Muslims just as we have had Christians attacking Christians in the West.

Saddam is responsible for his actions.

I think it's funny that the same people who want diplomacy condemn it at their convenience.

Who specifically are those "same people" you refer to?

Back
Top Bottom