• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Surprise Surprise [W:129]

Knowing that, it's damn strange that his attorneys went to the trouble to schedule a press conference in their presence.

I presume the family decided that Z's attorneys might not be most concerned with their welfare.

I presume the family decided that Z's attorneys might not be most concerned with their welfare.

You presume what you like. That was an absolute farce from the git go and it fell on it's ass after the people realized how they would look being a part of it. Just curious.....how many were killed or maimed in that wreck LMAO!!

The family which George Zimmerman saved from an overturned SUV has seen the light. They will not show up for a press conference which Zimmerman's attorneys had scheduled.

You do realize, the reason isn't because they felt Zimmerman was bad and didn't deserve praise. But because the anti-Zimmerman nut jobs are threatening people with violence and other forms of repercussion. So...not really a "good" thing to allow intimidation of this magnitude flow so easily.

And the family.

And, I assume, the other guy that was helping at the time.

Actually, I was wrong. Just one was needed. All George had to do is listen to a police scanner and show up at the scene. Of course, if he has one (that has not been confirmed). No need for the family to be in on it, though it might be an outside possibility. Based-on the officer's collection of Tweets, it appears he's a loon. Having said that, it does not make him automatically guilty of anything aside from being extremely unprofessional.

Not once they realized how disgusting some people could be. You know. The type of people that will happily post links to.. Well, I think you get it.

Is that what they said?

Actually, I was wrong. Just one was needed. All George had to do is listen to a police scanner and show up at the scene. Of course, if he has one (that has not been confirmed). No need for the family to be in on it, though it might be an outside possibility. Based-on the officer's collection of Tweets, it appears he's a loon. Having said that, it does not make him automatically guilty of anything aside from being extremely unprofessional.

There you go, keep up the good work asking questions, make Glenn Beck proud. Crazy sources, wild accusations followed up with "QUESTIONS" to CYA, assumptions of guilt as the basis for creating conspiracy theories. You've got a bright career in being a Beck fill-in. Unfortunately, that's about the extent of what your argument is doing...baseless assertions mixed with grasping random sources as a means to attack the people involved because you can't actually provide anything substantive.

Wow...Newsball and FreakoutNation.

You've convinced me Middleground! It definitely have significant doubts about the reported news now. I'm thankful you provided such amazingly persuasive and useful information just like your fellow similar posters who do so with wonderful worth while and fair minded sources like WorldNetDaily, DailyKOS, and Infowars. Make sure you keep doing a wonderful job of Glenn Becking it up and "ASKING QUESTIONS".

On second thought, I'll wait for something mildly credible...but please, continue your desperate attempt to grasp onto any information to continue to froth on about Zimmerman. I'm sure Newsball and Freakoutnation will continue to provide you with wonderful insight.

As it stands for me, this story is 100% irrelevant to the actual Zimmerman/Martin case or trial verdict. It's a nice story. If he ended up helping out because the cop texted him, then ****ty on him for acting like it was spontanteous and not being truthful about that but there's no reason to disbelieve at this point. I'm not throwing the guy a parade for being a "hero", I'm not going to be bothered if all he ended up doing was coming and helping a cop friend help someone else out of a wrecked car and then tried to spin it into more than it was.

Unless we've entered the tinfoil hat territory where the entire wreck all together was done singularly for the purpose of trying to make him look like a hero...in which case, let me direct you to some wonderful 9/11 truth and Obama Muslim sites I'm sure will be right up your alley.

Good lords, Zyph... there was no need to get your panties all knotted up. I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. I was just pointing out that there many out there who don't believe this hero story and are trying to piece together some possibilities. As I said in my first post, nothing has been proven or confirmed yet. It may happen or it may not. Bottom line, my gut tells me the rescue story seems implausible, so I don't blame anyone for not taking any of it at face value. But there is a small possibility that it is true -- so I'm not ruling that out as a possibility, either.

I would suggest that the absolute garbage being spewed by sites like you have linked to (and the ones linked from there) are every bit of evidence we need to show that these folks are wise to keep their mouths shut.

It is beyond me how such hatred for one guy can be blown up to the point where a family totally uninvolved with him except by mere chance has to be concerned for their safety. If anything this is actually WORSE than the hatred directed at Zimmerman. The creeps putting this stuff out are disgusting sub-humans.

Well he did kill someone. Not an endearing thing to do, IMO.

These people want and deserve their privacy. Why are you posting their pics and links to their personal information? What's the benefit of doing that?

:censored:censored:censored

Huh??? It's already out there.

Good lords, Zyph... there was no need to get your panties all knotted up. I am not trying to convince anyone of anything. I was just pointing out that there many out there who don't believe this hero story and are trying to piece together some possibilities.

Yes, you've pointed it out well. You and Newsball and FreakOutNation don't buy it and so are making wild guesses. We could tell. You were just pointing things out, you were just "asking questions"...you clearly weren't suggesting anything or having an angle on it at all in typical "Glenn Beck" fashion. Please, continue to ask your questions and post your biased laughable crack pot sources while musing on your counspiracies, but how about not freaking out when people treat your statements and thoughts the same way they treat everyone else who pushes conspiracy theories in the guise of "asking questions" and bases their entire argument off crackpot websites that are laughable to even look at.

Good Gawd.... there's enough hyperbole on this thread to choke a T.Rex...

A little reality check....

The family "rescued" was not in danger, no one was seriously injured. They were assisted, not rescued. This does not a hero make.

GZ's lawyers called a press conference? Why? Sounds very opportunistic, capitalizing on the misfortune of the family assisted. On that alone I'd tell them to piss off too.

I wonder how some reports got that the car was on fire. The police report does not state that at all. :confused:

Yes, you've pointed it out well. You and Newsball and FreakOutNation don't buy it and so are making wild guesses. We could tell. You were just pointing things out, you were just "asking questions"...you clearly weren't suggesting anything or having an angle on it at all in typical "Glenn Beck" fashion. Please, continue to ask your questions and post your biased laughable crack pot sources while musing on your counspiracies, but how about not freaking out when people treat your statements and thoughts the same way they treat everyone else who pushes conspiracy theories in the guise of "asking questions" and bases their entire argument off crackpot websites that are laughable to even look at.

No, not wild guesses and stuff blown out of an ass. Some plausible stuff... that is not presently substantiated.

Well he did kill someone. Not an endearing thing to do, IMO.

So since Zimmerman killed someone that justifies casting aspersions on people he interacted with merely by chance? It warrants putting their names, their pictures, their kids pictures, etc. all over the internet?

That's sick. That's disgusting. That's hateful. That's quite likely dangerous. But for whatever reason you feel that it's also justified. Why the hell should your amusement and your warped perception of events be allowed to trump someone else's right to privacy?

So since Zimmerman killed someone that justifies casting aspersions on people he interacted with merely by chance? It warrants putting their names, their pictures, their kids pictures, etc. all over the internet?

That's sick. That's disgusting. That's hateful. That's quite likely dangerous. But for whatever reason you feel that it's also justified. Why the hell should your amusement and your warped perception of events be allowed to trump someone else's right to privacy?

Wow... m'kay. Get it all out, Lutherf. It's not like someone stole any of those pics from their home. They were already posted online.

And people make fun of some right-wingers having conspiracy theories. Jeez louise.

if you are found not guilty for killing somebody you may want to make the others believe that you are not too bad

tahts why not everybody believes in this story

OOOOOOO guys...did you see one of the glorious and well respected NEWS BALLS smoking guns?

That they couldn't find any comments from the family on TWITTER!

Can you BELIEVE that?! Obviously it must've not happened or been any kind of thing, because EVERYONE uses Twitter and EVERYONE posts constantly on it about everything and anything that happens in their lives.

Thanks News Balls!! What ever would we do without your stellar, impartial, top of the line investigative skills.

Then their second smoking gun form the illustrious site used and trusted by Middleground? Well, after digging through information to find the private information of a couple in a car wreck...because **** George Zimmerman, that's why...and posting up pictures of them and their children (while gleefully acknowledging the media hasn't posted it, because you know, they're not doucebags) they discovered email addresses and when they've sent emails badgering them out of the blue as strangers asking them if they were really in crashes and why didn't they deem it important enough to alert Twitter they didn't get a response back.

THE HORROR!!!!

Thank you News balls and Middleground...this CLEARLY shows something fishy is going on, and it only took your tireless asking of questions and brave douchebaggery investigative site to enlighten us all.

Hold on, I need to go run to twitter to be sure to alert people that I just posted a post (and also that I took a drink of water, the big bang theory is on, and it smells like a skunk outside) and then go respond to some strangers emailing me.

I wonder how some reports got that the car was on fire. The police report does not state that at all. :confused:

Why would the police report say the vehicle was on fire when it had already been put out when they got there?

By the way people, this is the great investigative "plausible" stuff that isn't "wild guess" or "blowing" out of their asses that is the basis for pretty much every webpage that is carrying this right now (which are basically a bunch of ridiculous WND/DailyKOS level of credible sights, IF that):

EXCLUSIVE PICTURES FAMILY GEORGE ZIMMERMAN SAVED CAR CRASH ACCIDENT

Please, go and read it. I emplore you all. Go look at the beautiful "Truther"-esque "QUESTIONING" and assumptive leaps and claiming of facts and statements so you can see why the entire thing, and the fact it's being posted and pushed right now based singularly on this sites findings, is so ludicrous.

It includes such gems like this:

Why do NO pictures exist of the car crash! Not from cops, not from media, not from witnesses with their ever handy cell phones & twitter apps ready to tweet away. Why? Did the state really stage this story using a family of 4′s identities to try & portray Zimmerman in a better light so people would not want to kill him & race protests would simmer down? This “happened” on Wednesday the 17th & the media is just now finding out today, Monday the 22nd.

That's right folks...the cite that Middleground is linking to as some kind of worthwhile reputable source, and who her other link uses as the basis for it's article, is asserting that the state of Florida orchestrated a fake crash that didn't happen with 4 made up identities just to help make Zimmerman look better.

It makes him guilty of going armed, following a teen ager, allowing a confrontation then because he couldn't take an old fashioned ass kicking murdering the boy.

Actually, you know what...nevermind. I actually need to walk away from this after reading more of it.

So the cops now being claimed a "racist" by Middlegrounds "source" that she finds so "plausible", they've dug up and posted facebook photos of the family and their kids that the media (respectfully) wasn't posting, they're acting "SHOCKED" by the fact that after they've posted up their twitters or facebooks people are taking them down, and then wantonly rejoices in the notion of how the family is now becoming targets thanks to Zimmerman (ignoring the fact that his side is the one promoting the families names and images more than any other on the net right now).

And this is the site Middleground is linking to and proudly waving around and pumping up as some kind of worth while thing to read all out of some frothing hatred and desire to stick it to the man that "killed someone", because by god the ****er didn't get found guilty but **** him anyone that's connected with him in any way. They're lives should become something that is dug into, everything we can find about their lives should be thrown on the internet, we should make wild assertions regarding their thoughts and feelings based off a few ****ing TWITTER POSTS, and throught it all we need to remember to continue to present assumptions and opinions regarding the trial as fact and keep putting out there that it's all Zimmerman's fault.

Enjoy your Glenn Beck act, enjoy your ****ty sources, enjoy raping this family and the officers privacy, and enjoy your little ****slinging...I don't even want to be apart of helping bring attention to this thread, that site, and people who are so twisted up about Zimmerman that they're promoting it.

Why would the police report say the vehicle was on fire when it had already been put out when they got there?
Do you have a link to that report?

This is all that I have seen:
http://newsball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/07-17-13-vehicle-crash-on-I-4-and-SR-461.pdf

The same questionable site provides what it says are the 9-11 recordings. One of the callers specifically states that the vehicle is not on fire.

Do you have a better source for this info which you can share?

If it had caught fire, and was put out, I would think that it should be in the report.

Is that what they said?

Yes, they were worried about how Trayvon supporters would react, which is why they didn't want to get involved.

Their police report, face book pictures of friends/family, address etc posted all over the internet...

Yes, their worries of how the loons would act were well founded.

"
The lawyer said that when he spoke to the Gerstles "their voices were trembling" and that they feared saying anything positive about Zimmerman "would be toxic."

The family called because they wanted to address the media. I knew that if we did it in an organized way, it would help them get back to a normal life.. But they called today and said they were more worried about blow back from saying anything that would be favorable to George, and decided they did not want to do any media," O'Mara said.

The lawyer said that when he spoke to the Gerstles "their voices were trembling" and that they feared saying anything positive about Zimmerman "would be toxic."

Let's see what else the loons have done over just the past coupe of days:
Retired Florida minister named George Zimmermann getting death threats due to mistaken identity

Woman Gets Death Threats Aimed at George Zimmerman

One of the 911 callers said there was smoke. So, now there would have to be at least two people in on your wild conspiracy fun. Then there were at least 3 other 911 calls about he accident... So now we are up to 5 people involved.

Do you have a link to that report?

This is all that I have seen:
http://newsball.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/07-17-13-vehicle-crash-on-I-4-and-SR-461.pdf

The same questionable site provides what it says are the 9-11 recordings. One of the callers specifically states that the vehicle is not on fire.

Do you have a better source for this info which you can share?

Listen to 911 Calls As George Zimmerman Rescues White Family in SUV Crash

Listen at about 1 minute - the car is starting to catch fire.

Another caller says the same at about 2:20 or so.

So, for thse having a hard time keeping track.. at least two 911 callers talking of a possible fire.

Back
Top Bottom