• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Surprise, surprise, states with lower vaccine rates seeing rise in covid cases

Why is this funny to you?
Are you going to pretend funny has only one meaning in order to swipe at the character of your opponent? Seriously, tell us it doesn’t also mean odd, strange, out of place. Go on. Go on tell us.

Trix, we are used to better from you. I mean it that actually surprised me.

Ahem, "debunked" what? Denied, yeah. Debunked? Hardly. Only in the mind. States most vulnerable to COVID are some of the least vaccinated; State vaccine rates fall along red, blue divide (The Hill); Here’s Where COVID-19 Cases Are Rising and Falling (Healthline), "99 percent of new cases as well as COVID-19-related hospitalizations are people who are not fully vaccinated."

Sorry, your figurative throat clearing won't make your thinking any more coherent. Recall the op claimed (as did a prior op several days ago) that there is a correlation between rising rates of infection and lower vaccination rates. Any respectable defense of that proposition requires a comparison infection rate growth vs vaccination rate. He didn't do that. His assertion fails.

And so it is that your defense of his assertion also fails. Telling us what you assume (that lower vaccination rates makes a population more vulnerable) because new cases are those that never were vaccinated is spurious reasoning. No more valid that saying that 99 percent of the new cases are not of those who have already had Covid or those who never had Ivermectin.

Bottom line is that rising and falling rates of infection have already been shown due to a multiplicity of factors, both human controlled and natural. A micro bump in the infection rate for a few states is proof of nothing.

again, you forgot to attach a cite for said "long established" facts you presented

being unable to do so causes me to question whether there is any validity to your posts

I didn't show that water boils at 100 degrees C, causes you to question the validity of my posts?

Well, your poor knowledge of the background facts of COVID and unwillingness to require documentation for the unsupported op causes me to question your integrity and, and the validity of your posts as well.

There it stands.

Last edited:
I didn't show that water boils at 100 degrees C, causes you to question the validity of my posts?

Well, your ignorance of background facts of COVID cause me to question why I should bother to care what you question.
it appears we can now conclude that there is nothing to cite which supports the "long established" assertion you presented as fact
you pretend that such documentation is easily found and yet you continue to be unable to post a cite

it appears we can now conclude that there is nothing to cite which supports the "long established" assertion you presented as fact
you pretend that such documentation is easily found and yet you continue to be unable to post a cite

Look, this is debate over vaccination and infection rates - not on the seasonality of CV-19. But after doing a little research I now get why you are obsessing on it while ignoring the op - apparently Trump mentioned seasonality and ever since then its tainted this subject because, as we know, if trump says the world is more like a sphere than a disk the TDS folk will say Trump is a liar.

So NOW I (we) get your obsession over a tangential observation. However, I don't intend to waste time getting derailed by your TDS inspired hobby horse but I will give you a chance to learn something.

This shouldn't be news to you. All Coronaviruses have a seasonal component and are more virulent in cold, dry air in winter. There is no reason to suppose that CV-19 is any different. And if you bother to look up the stuff I refer you to (and I doubt you will) then put worldometers on your list look at the CV-19 death chart (far more reliable than the case rate) for the US and it is face slapping clear: the explosion in cases (starting upon initial infections) exploded from February 2020 on. THEN deaths per day shrank dramatically for those Northern Eastern States during the summer, and this in the late fall exploded again to even greater rates than early 2020.

So yes, it is seasonal BUT there is a twist to CV19...its almost completely harmless outdoors and requires prolonged exposure inside structures. Moreover its mode of transmission is not primarily by visual droplets, but by invisible vapor particles that float. When a super-spreader (say in a bar or restaurant) pumps his/her covid into a room it recirculates and infects when the air reaches a particular density of virial particles.

So IN SPITE of the natural seasonality of COVID (meaning the summer UV, heat, and humidity work against it outdoors) the states (the south and south west) that require the most indoor air cooling at the peak of summer are the ones that were more infected in the summer of 2020...accounting for the smaller "wave" in that period.

So yes, it would not be surprising if this summer there was a bump in new cases in certain states due to increased indoor exposure ...which also happen to be the several states being compared (I assume) in the op.

I debunked that ploy days ago. The rise is insignificant and, by the way, given that COVID has a summer seasonality component even that should not be a surprise.

YAWN.

Doesn't it surprise you that those states with lower vaccine rates are all at once seeing a spike in covid cases>Apparently the new variant is both spreading faster, but is also more deadly. that is a deadly twosome for sure. what is funny is that I saw something that said out of the five states with the lowest vaccine rates are also part of the five states with the lowest education levels. i guess those with less education are mor easily fooled into not taking the vaccine.

Please provide evidentiary support that states with lower vaccination rates are seeing a spike in COVID cases.
Please provide evidentiary support that "the new variant" (Delta?) is both faster and more deadly.
Please provide evidence that those five states (use their names) have the lowest education levels and lowest vaccination rates, with spikes.

Finally, one might also guess that those with less education are less easily fooled by their bloated egos from their "education", i.e.; perhaps they are less skilled at lying to themselves?

Doesn't it surprise you that those states with lower vaccine rates are all at once seeing a spike in covid cases>Apparently the new variant is both spreading faster, but is also more deadly. that is a deadly twosome for sure. what is funny is that I saw something that said out of the five states with the lowest vaccine rates are also part of the five states with the lowest education levels. i guess those with less education are mor easily fooled into not taking the vaccine.

Yet this can affect the entire nation.......... wear a mask

I debunked that ploy days ago. The rise is insignificant and, by the way, given that COVID has a summer seasonality component even that should not be a surprise.

YAWN.
Keep on thinking like that. It is good for the country, with more virulent variants appearing, that the white right NOT be vaccinated. That's right, don't get that Commie vaccination...

And die like rats.

Please provide evidentiary support that states with lower vaccination rates are seeing a spike in COVID cases.
Please provide evidentiary support that "the new variant" (Delta?) is both faster and more deadly.
Please provide evidence that those five states (use their names) have the lowest education levels and lowest vaccination rates, with spikes.

Finally, one might also guess that those with less education are less easily fooled by their bloated egos from their "education", i.e.; perhaps they are less skilled at lying to themselves?
So your contention is that education makes people more stupid?

That's stupid.

Look, this is debate over vaccination and infection rates - not on the seasonality of CV-19. But after doing a little research I now get why you are obsessing on it while ignoring the op - apparently Trump mentioned seasonality and ever since then its tainted this subject because, as we know, if trump says the world is more like a sphere than a disk the TDS folk will say Trump is a liar.

So NOW I (we) get your obsession over a tangential observation. However, I don't intend to waste time getting derailed by your TDS inspired hobby horse but I will give you a chance to learn something.

This shouldn't be news to you. All Coronaviruses have a seasonal component and are more virulent in cold, dry air in winter. There is no reason to suppose that CV-19 is any different. And if you bother to look up the stuff I refer you to (and I doubt you will) then put worldometers on your list look at the CV-19 death chart (far more reliable than the case rate) for the US and it is face slapping clear: the explosion in cases (starting upon initial infections) exploded from February 2020 on. THEN deaths per day shrank dramatically for those Northern Eastern States during the summer, and this in the late fall exploded again to even greater rates than early 2020.

So yes, it is seasonal BUT there is a twist to CV19...its almost completely harmless outdoors and requires prolonged exposure inside structures. Moreover its mode of transmission is not primarily by visual droplets, but by invisible vapor particles that float. When a super-spreader (say in a bar or restaurant) pumps his/her covid into a room it recirculates and infects when the air reaches a particular density of virial particles.

So IN SPITE of the natural seasonality of COVID (meaning the summer UV, heat, and humidity work against it outdoors) the states (the south and south west) that require the most indoor air cooling at the peak of summer are the ones that were more infected in the summer of 2020...accounting for the smaller "wave" in that period.

So yes, it would not be surprising if this summer there was a bump in new cases in certain states due to increased indoor exposure ...which also happen to be the several states being compared (I assume) in the op.
WebMD as a source?

Good grief. You can type in "itchy skin on eyelid" and the first thing it tells you is you have eyelid cancer and will be dead within a few hours.

Are you going to pretend funny has only one meaning in order to swipe at the character of your opponent? Seriously, tell us it doesn’t also mean odd, strange, out of place. Go on. Go on tell us.

Trix, we are used to better from you. I mean it that actually surprised me.
I was with you until you said, "Trix, we are used to better from you." You're so kind. I certainly don't. Rather I'd say it's the norm. Typical. Standard.

WebMD as a source?

Good grief. You can type in "itchy skin on eyelid" and the first thing it tells you is you have eyelid cancer and will be dead within a few hours.
The problem isn't WebMD. It is misinterpreting everything it says to make it conform to a preconceived notion. It's taking a speculative statement and expading it into an irrational theory. It's at least as reliable as the Bible is to supporting homophobia.

My concern is in the real world. In the real world, remaining unvaccinated is not only stupid and high-risk behavior, it is a social danger, like promiscuous engagement in unprotected sex. But, what is worse, it provides an opportunity for a worse mutation to take hold, as it has with the delta variants, which are now doubling every two weeks.

More than 600,000 people in the United States have died from Covid. My sister was one of them. At least a third of them are directly attributable to the spread of misinformation and the malfeasance of public figures in pooh-pooing the dangers.

Last edited:

YAWN.
it doesn't have a season.....Covid has been ongoing for over a year now...it didn't abate in the summer months. What I do know is that here in Florida, a government office had 7 employees....and only 1 was vaccinated....someone brought Covid in...and 6 were infected with it...of those 5 were hospitalized and 1 died...the only one who didn't get it was the person fully vaccinated.

The vaccine is more dangerous than Covid. Covid is the flu. Masks don't work. They aren't sheep. They refuse to live in fear. Death and disease are so overhyped. Tucker is just asking questions.
Covid is not the flu....it isn't like the flu in any aspect except it is a virus. It attacks your vital organs and infects them....it also attacks your upper respiratory system with a particular viciousness.

There is a strain of pseudo-intellectual anti-intellectualism that is pervading the threads, this morning. It's an interesting phenomenon.

I fully support people willfully thinning themselves from their gene pool by their decisions and their ignorance. The human species will be better for their absence.
the problem with that is viruses mutate and become stronger. Since this is a virus it already has variants due to the fact that people did not do all they could to avoid the virus.

Trump got vaccinated and so did his wife........ so why are the robots not getting vaccinated?

If the vaccination isn't safe why was Trump allowed to get vaccinated?

Sorry, your figurative throat clearing won't make your thinking any more coherent. Recall the op claimed (as did a prior op several days ago) that there is a correlation between rising rates of infection and lower vaccination rates. Any respectable defense of that proposition requires a comparison infection rate growth vs vaccination rate. He didn't do that. His assertion fails.

And so it is that your defense of his assertion also fails. Telling us what you assume (that lower vaccination rates makes a population more vulnerable) because new cases are those that never were vaccinated is spurious reasoning. No more valid that saying that 99 percent of the new cases are not of those who have already had Covid or those who never had Ivermectin.

Bottom line is that rising and falling rates of infection have already been shown due to a multiplicity of factors, both human controlled and natural. A micro bump in the infection rate for a few states is proof of nothing.

This was really dumb, and I feel as if you should apologize to every science teacher you ever had.

BTW these masks are prefect for preventing the spread of colds, sore throats and other bronchial situations. When humans realize we are contagious .....wear a mask wear a mask.

The problem isn't WebMD. It is misinterpreting everything it says to make it conform to a preconceived notion. It's taking a speculative statement and expading it into an irrational theory. It's at least as reliable as the Bible is to supporting homophobia.

My concern is in the real world. In the real world, remaining unvaccinated is not only stupid and high-risk behavior, it is a social danger, like promiscuous engagement in unprotected sex. But, what is worse, it provides an opportunity for a worse mutation to take hold, as it has with the delta variants, which are now doubling every two weeks.

More than 600,000 people in the United States have died from Covid. My sister was one of them. At least a third of them are directly attributable to the spread of misinformation and the malfeasance of public figures in pooh-pooing the dangers.
I am truly sorry that you lost your sister from Covid. I had Covid in January...even when I had cancer and was going through treatments I was not as sick as I was from Covid...it is an experience that I pray never repeats.

Trump got vaccinated and so did his wife........ so why are the robots not getting vaccinated?

If the vaccination isn't safe why was Trump allowed to get vaccinated?
Trump, his wife, I bet his kids too and Biden and Dr Biden and Obama and all of them have been vaccinated. Millions of us have been vaccinated and there is no mass dying or anything going on other than arm pain and a bit of a fever for 2 days.

BTW these masks are prefect for preventing the spread of colds, sore throats and other bronchial situations. When humans realize we are contagious .....wear a mask wear a mask.
the masks did a good deed in reducing the amount of flu during the Covid season or our lives would have been more miserable...it teaches us perhaps wearing masks during a viral outbreak might be a good idea.

Back
Top Bottom