• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme Court fails: Declines to take up lifetime gun rights ban

I don't understand, sorry. My bad.
Sorry, I started ranting, just imagine a rabid dog foaming at the mouth barking it's head off, oops, ouch.

So was it unto me.

"Just a ramblin' (ramblin' man) ..."

****ing Napster doesn't like me playing albums all day on my old computer for my ten dollars, I got to dial up every album thanks to their so-called upgrades.

Sorry, I started ranting, just imagine a rabid dog foaming at the mouth barking it's head off, oops, ouch.

So was it unto me.

"Just a ramblin' (ramblin' man) ..."

****ing Napster doesn't like me playing albums all day on my old computer for my ten dollars, I got to dial up every album thanks to their so-called upgrades.

Are you feeling calmer yet ?

Are you feeling calmer yet ?
Calmer? When we're thirty-trillion dollars in debt, when we could have been debt free?

With 9-11, Syria, Benghazi, Trump, praying Christians, Russian trolls, Hare Krishna and the pandemic all for a junk pile?

I'll never be calm, that is for sure, all I can do is try to keep a straight face in my madness.

Calmer? When we're thirty-trillion dollars in debt, when we could have been debt free?

With 9-11, Syria, Benghazi, Trump, praying Christians, Russian trolls, Hare Krishna and the pandemic all for a junk pile?

I'll never be calm, that is for sure, all I can do is try to keep a straight face in my madness.

Yeah, Trump promised to clear the national debt - instead he increased it

But like his wall, he never said how he'd achieve this.

Yeah, Trump promised to clear the national debt - instead he increased it

But like his wall, he never said how he'd achieve this.
They think the tax cut will stimulate so much that it'll cover the loss in revenue, but it never does, and it's depression instead.

Simply, if you give more money to people who only spend it to extract more money from the economy, often to the destruction of competitors, this cannot work.

I heard off the floor today, "Why would we repeal the tax cut that is responsible for the greatest economy in History?"

Obama had it running nice, and then they floored it, sure, your RPMs are going to be off the charts.

They think the tax cut will stimulate so much that it'll cover the loss in revenue, but it never does, and it's depression instead.

Simply, if you give more money to people who only spend it to extract more money from the economy, often to the destruction of competitors, this cannot work.

I heard off the floor today, "Why would we repeal the tax cut that is responsible for the greatest economy in History?"

Obama had it running nice, and then they floored it, sure, your RPMs are going to be off the charts.

The economy improved under Clinton too.

The economy improved under Clinton too.
Yes, he had to veto their budget and shut down Government, but his fiscal responsibility had him with a boom and surplus.

Yes, he had to veto their budget and shut down Government, but his fiscal responsibility had him with a boom and surplus.

He also won a short, sharp war...not some drawn out slog that Bush Jr got us into.

He also won a short, sharp war...not some drawn out slog that Bush Jr got us into.
Bush Jr, should have made them behave for their oil and/or done the troop surge right away.

Then he would have time to help out in the Sudan and ISIS would have no foothold after the Arab Spring.

Bush Jr, should have made them behave for their oil and/or done the troop surge right away.

Then he would have time to help out in the Sudan and ISIS would have no foothold after the Arab Spring.

Bush Jr destroyed the stability in Iraq by bringing down Saddam and creating a power vacuum that still hasn't been filled

Bush created ISIS.

Bush Jr destroyed the stability in Iraq by bringing down Saddam and creating a power vacuum that still hasn't been filled

Bush created ISIS.
I don't believe in power vacuums, if you want a vacuum, I'll vent you into space, otherwise, there is no vacuum.

Kidding aside, the mistake was to press for WMDs. Better to press on humanitarian reasons and non-compliance.

So I don't think the war was a mistake, but mistakes were made.

If you're sucker punched in the bar, you don't care who hit you, you want to know which one is his biggest friend.

They pulled out the tenth horn of the Beast, it was a feat, does anyone have any balm for the Beast?

if we're gonna have the 2nd, and people do their time for non-violent stuff, then i don't see why they can't own a gun like virtually all other Americans.
They could at least fund the ATF department that can restore one's rights. Republicans defunded that and continue to do so.

Which is why I'll never vote republican.

Well, at least some states make their own decisions and enable it. Maybe thru positive reinforcement (no re-offenses) more states will get on board.

Does anyone know if a felon, after serving his/her sentence denied restoration of 2A rights then moves to another state that allows it...can/would that state reinstate their 2A rights?
It's always illegal federally.

So the mistake of not being a single party dictatorship? Why would you want that for our country?
If enough people do want it, that's what they get.

Democracy.

And lets not pretend the republicans haven't been pushing for a "permanent conservative majority" for decades. Which would be a one party dictatorship, by definition.

I don't believe in power vacuums, if you want a vacuum, I'll vent you into space, otherwise, there is no vacuum.

A power vacuum exists when a government and its apparatus, is rapidly destroyed/withdrawn
The people have no control in their lives and society rapidly breaks down into anarchy

You get this in a riot
Another example is when the police of Montreal, suddenly went on strike in 1969:

Until troops arrived to restore order, there was a definite power vacuum, and society fell apart

....the mistake was to press for WMDs. Better to press on humanitarian reasons and non-compliance.

As we saw, there was no non-compliance
Iraq had no WMD
Saddam was a POS, but he represented order. Bush Jr was hell bent on righting a perceived defeat of his father...after the 1990-91 Gulf War, Bush Sr lost office, while Saddam remained in power
Not too many presidents win a war so overwhelmingly and get voted out of office the next year
Invading Iraq was a REALLY bad idea

So I don't think the war was a mistake, but mistakes were made.

The invasion of Iraq was a huge mistake, as was the invasion of Afghanistan
Ask yourself what the cost has been, ask yourself what benefits we have got - if any

If you're sucker punched in the bar, you don't care who hit you, you want to know which one is his biggest friend.

A clearer headed man might want to know where the quickest exit was and where the closest hospital is

They pulled out the tenth horn of the Beast, it was a feat, does anyone have any balm for the Beast?

Winning the Gulf War was essential. But that should have been it.

A power vacuum exists when a government and its apparatus, is rapidly destroyed/withdrawn
The people have no control in their lives and society rapidly breaks down into anarchy

You get this in a riot
Another example is when the police of Montreal, suddenly went on strike in 1969:

Until troops arrived to restore order, there was a definite power vacuum, and society fell apart

Iraq had no WMD
Saddam was a POS, but he represented order. Bush Jr was hell bent on righting a perceived defeat of his father...after the 1990-91 Gulf War, Bush Sr lost office, while Saddam remained in power
Not too many presidents win a war so overwhelmingly and get voted out of office the next year

Ask yourself what the cost has been, ask yourself what benefits we have got - if any

A clearer headed man might want to know where the quickest exit was and where the closest hospital is

Non-compliance, means that they aren't complying with inspections.

OK, you be Rambo, you go for the door and hospital while your buddies die in the funny farm.

Would you rather Hussein, and our cradle sand, instead of duck habitat?

You get this in a riot

Iraq had no WMD

The first thing you want to do to fill the power vacuum is to have the police maintain order, because if they don't they won't get any oil money.

Otherwise, I don't know what you nut-cakes are going to do.

I agree with your sentiment. I have advocated all my life for the principle of commit a crime, do the time, return to full citizenship status.

IMO if a person convicted of a crime has no hope of return to full citizenship without stigma after release, then they have a motive (if not a compulsion) for continued criminality.

To break the cycle there must be a road to complete redemption. It does not have to be an easy road, but it should be one that commitment can achieve.

As for their avoidance of cases on gun rights? IMO the radical Democrats have them truly fearful of possible Court packing, especially in this volatile, nearly lawless social landscape we see playing out around the nation.
The most glaring example of what you said is the lack of voting rights for felons who have completed their sentences. It's funny that there is such a fuss about letting more more people buy guns while the same people support keeping freed criminals 2nd class citizens by denying their right to vote. It is hypocritical to say the least.

If enough people do want it, that's what they get.

Democracy.
enough people want to enslave a group of people then they get it that's tyranny.

In a constitutional republic even if the majority wants to enslave people they don't get to.

I'd much rather live in a constitutional republic than tyranny.

Non-compliance, means that they aren't complying with inspections.

But they did

OK, you be Rambo, you go for the door and hospital while your buddies die in the funny farm.

Why would going for the door be likened to Rambo, and why would "buddies die in the funny farm"
You're not making much sense

Would you rather Hussein, and our cradle sand, instead of duck habitat?

Yes, I'd rather have Saddam running Iraq, than ISIS

The first thing you want to do to fill the power vacuum is to have the police maintain order, because if they don't they won't get any oil money.

The police require a peace in which to police - hence the phrase "peacekeeping" force

In the case of Iraq, post the fall of Saddam, there was chaos and you needed a peace making force - ie: a military.

Last edited:
But they did

Why would going for the door be likened to Rambo, and why would "buddies die in the funny farm"

The police require a peace in which to police - hence the phrase "peacekeeping" force

In the case of Iraq, post the fall of Saddam, there was chaos and you needed a peace making force - ie: a military.
No, they were running around and playing games. We needed to set an example for Iran and North Korea.

But they did

ISIS isn't running Iraq.

The Supreme Court has failed to do it's duty to restore the rights of our citizens after they have served their time. In this case, it's non-violent felony charges that have caused a lifetime ban on gun ownership. I'm against the permanent disenfranchisement of our citizenry. This also will disproportionately effect minorities. I personally feel that no matter what the time was, if you get released for "serving your time" then you should have everything restored back to you. There shouldn't even be a felony status, imo, but that's a whole 'nother ball of wax.

The SCOTUS failed here. Just to get a taste of the things that could result in your permanent loss of 2A rights, see below:

WASHINGTON – The Supreme Court on Monday declined to take up three challenges to a federal ban on gun ownership for people convicted of nonviolent crimes, disappointing Second Amendment advocates who hoped a more conservative court would begin to chip away at the restriction.

By not taking the appeals, the nation's highest court let stand a series of lower court rulings that prohibited people convicted of driving under the influence, making false statements on tax returns and selling counterfeit cassette tapes from owning a gun.
No felon "serves their time"... they are just not serving it in jail once they are let out.

Back
Top Bottom