• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme Court fails: Declines to take up lifetime gun rights ban

How do you know when it's fake news ?
Most reporting is objective, there is little fake news, but there are points where you need to discern, where the media keep you on your toes.

I can get a pulse from fox, cnn, or the networks, I can see my President, and absorb some information there and so forth.

It's pretty easy to tell the lies, most of them are Republican.

Most reporting is objective, there is little fake news, but there are points where you need to discern, where the media keep you on your toes.

I can get a pulse from fox, cnn, or the networks, I can see my President, and absorb some information there and so forth.

It's pretty easy to tell the lies, most of them are Republican.

I'd say most reporting is subjective - pick any recent news story, with a political angle, and I'll demonstrate it for you

Not sure what you mean by a "pulse" in this context

News outlets need to be constantly pouring out news, if there's nothing to pour out, they won't so much invent any, but they'll take a scrap of news, they'd otherwise ignore, and inflate it up to something they can sell.

if we're gonna have the 2nd, and people do their time for non-violent stuff, then i don't see why they can't own a gun like virtually all other Americans.
depends on the crime. I think if the person was convicted of things like murder, rape, domestic violence...a gun should never go in their hands again.

where did I say just domestic violence...I gave a few examples of those who should not own guns...in no way did I say just those.

By your inclusion of domestic violence and non-mention of non-domestics violence

(other than murder or rape).

murder and rape are not mentioning other than DV? really?

Did I not say you mentioned murder and rape ? As if that covered the non-domestic violence
And if a man murders or rapes his wife, I'd call it murder or rape not just "domestic violence".

Did I not say you mentioned murder and rape ? As if that covered the non-domestic violence
And if a man murders or rapes his wife, I'd call it murder or rape not just "domestic violence".
So, when the dude walked into that transportation center in San Jose and killed those people...you call that domestic violence? Its not...its murder. So, Ted Bundy was just committing domestic violence? Or was he a serial killer convicted of murder? These are separate from Domestic violence. Rape is not charged as Domestic violence regardless of if it is a wife or a stranger, it is charged as rape. Stop trying to argue your way out of this box you put yourself in. You didn't read my post except for DV...why does that bother you that I do not want scum to own a gun?

If a government can permanently strip away your rights for certain violations then all they need to do is figure out new laws to catch you on, or that you feel is unjust/oppressive and, boom, there go your rights forever.

We have so many laws these days, it's ridiculous.
Absolutely! The government should not be allowed to take away rights permanently.

If you get your record expunged you get the rights back...however, some actions require actions such as this.
Once you serve your time you should get your rights back.

Once you serve your time you should get your rights back.
Nope certain people never should have all of their rights back..murderers, child predators, mentally unstable folks...should not own a gun....we have enough mass shootings to deal with.

Nope certain people never should have all of their rights back..murderers, child predators, mentally unstable folks...should not own a gun....we have enough mass shootings to deal with.
Then lock them up and throw away the key. If they can’t be rehabilitated, then they can’t rejoin society.

Then lock them up and throw away the key. If they can’t be rehabilitated, then they can’t rejoin society.
I would say that is what we should do with pedophiles, but unfortunately the court has the say in that and not society. Pedophiles cannot be reformed.

So, when the dude walked into that transportation center in San Jose and killed those people...you call that domestic violence?

No, it was not domestic (meaning inside the home or relating to individuals who share an abode)

...its murder.

Yes

...Rape is not charged as Domestic violence regardless of if it is a wife or a stranger, it is charged as rape.

Same with murder

Stop trying to argue your way out of this box you put yourself in.

What box?
It is you who limited your (non rape, non murder, violence to "domestic"

You didn't read my post except for DV...why does that bother you that I do not want scum to own a gun?

It doesn't, but why do you exclude non-domestic violence, eg:

That wasn't rape or murder...or "domestic" violence
You are so insular, believing that there isn't a big, bad world out there that's FULL of violence

Why shouldn't scum like this be banned from having a gun just because the victim was unknown to him ?

No, it was not domestic (meaning inside the home or relating to individuals who share an abode)

Yes

Same with murder

What box?
It is you who limited your (non rape, non murder, violence to "domestic"
I

That wasn't rape or murder...or "domestic" violence
You are so insular, believing that there isn't a big, bad world out there that's FULL of violence

Why shouldn't scum like this be banned from having a gun just because the victim was unknown to him ?
I didn't say ONLY...so, I did not limit myself

You omitted non-domestic violence

I'm saying it deserves to be included.
No, I didn't....murder and rape are both non domestic violence....they are examples....

The fact the US Supreme Court did not take it up tells me that they do not believe that gun rights are infinite.

WTF are you talking about? More rape and murder occurs among couples than anywhere else.
murder and rape are murder and rape...they are never classified under law as domestic violence.....you aren't an American or you do not understand simple law principals one or the other.

Was it domestic violence when the guy walked into the transportation yard in San Jose and killed people ? Its murder.. not domestic violence.

I see that there are two people here that have basic law comprehension issues or they are absolutely trying to troll...

Sorry, but your so called Conservative court...disagreed that people have infinite gun rights...they don't.

Back
Top Bottom