• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme Court effectively denies 10 year old rape victim an abortion

.......what the ****.

What “rights” do you fantasize an individual who RAPED a TEN YEAR OLD should have?

I wasn’t talking about rape.

No rights.

Women freaking died during childbirth all the time before modern medicine; they still do sometimes, and you're gonna claim it's not traumatic? I'm sorry, but you've lost any right to comment on pregnancy or childbirth, because your ignorance obviously precludes you from any kind of intelligent opinion on the subject.
About 1,000 women a year die during childbirth every year. Not in the world...in the United States. That number is only going to increase. This is what happens when people don't vote...clowns get elected and appoint ambulance chasers to decide what your rights are this week.

About 1,000 women a year die during childbirth every year. Not in the world...in the United States. That number is only going to increase. This is what happens when people don't vote...clowns get elected and appoint ambulance chasers to decide what your rights are this week.
I completely agree. It sucks having Biden being the puppet for the puppet masters trying to control our lives through the government. Glad we can see eye to eye.

You hit that one right on the head: "Ultra partisan nonsense."
That is what our government has become; little more than a war between D&R parties. Rather than meaningful, well thought out legislation in the populace's best interest, it's a staged 'battle' of the parties.

Best thing for this country would be if the parties went poof and voters elected representative individuals instead of self-serving parties.
Politics has become far too tribal at least in the last few decades. Long term, the only real solution would be congressional term limits. We just have too much entrenched power in that Capitol Hill swamp. It would take a constitutional amendment.

I completely agree. It sucks having Biden being the puppet for the puppet masters trying to control our lives through the government. Glad we can see eye to eye.

Nah, we don't agree. I could explain it to you but you wouldn't understand.

I wasn’t talking about rape.

No rights.
It's a pregnant ten year old.

She was raped. It did not "take two to tango," that's an absolutely monstrous thing to say about a pregnant ten year old.

1. Article is garbage. Barely talks about the 10 year old,and gives no context of her circumstances. Also, funny how there is no mention of the rapist. It's almost like it's a made up story!

2. She can carry the child to term, and put it up for adoption. Problem solved.

A 10 year old child can't give birth to a full term fetus without putting her life in jeopardy.

Her body isn't developed enough and the parts of her body that the fetus must pass through to be born aren't big enough yet.

Her hips aren't fully formed for pregnancy yet.

She is a TEN YEAR OLD CHILD who has not even physically fully developed yet.

What you are saying will quite possibly kill that child.

You are a man and you have no idea what you are talking about.

My daughter is pro choice, but she doesn't agree with the radical's "right up to birth" nonsense.

It's a shame that you support this.

It's illegal to perform an abortion on a healthy fetus right up to birth.

No doctor will ever perform that abortion on a healthy fetus. They would be prosecuted for it, lose their license and find themselves in prison.

The only way a fetus can be aborted in the last trimester is if there is a very serious problem with the fetus, usually it's a matter of the fetus will die with in a very short time after birth or the fetus is already dead.

There is another exception, the life of the woman. In that case if the fetus can be saved it is saved but usually the cause of the woman's life to be in jeopardy is the fetus. A dead fetus will kill a woman. A bacteria called para tinnitus will grow from the dead fetus and it will kill the woman.

I get so sick and tired of this abortion up to birth nonsense. It doesn't happen. No woman can or would walk into a medical facility after 9 months and ask for an abortion. It's just not done. By that time it's a wanted pregnancy and the people who are having to endure it are going through one of the worst experiences of their lives.

These are couples or women who know the sex of the fetus and have given it a name. They have had a baby shower. They have converted a room into a nursery.

I think it's very cruel to use such a situation that is one of the worst nightmares anyone can endure to lie about what abortion is and what it isn't.

You are making no sense on that one.
Republicans used "we gotta get rid of Roe v Wade" as a way to gin up votes for decades and did squat. The old guard knew it was just a wedge issue for their benefit, they had the "Democrats are killing babies and we gotta stop them" schtick to go with while liberals felt safe with a Supreme Court decision protecting their interests. Most of the GOP elite never really wanted it overturned because they knew it would be a massive rallying cry for Democrats. They're the dog that accidentally caught the car. (the newer ultra right, of course, are true believers)

My daughter is pro choice, but she doesn't agree with the radical's "right up to birth" nonsense.

LOL! Who do you think you're posting to?

Former Ted Cruz hire, Alice Stewart @ 1:00, "...I think it's important, the other option is what democrats want. Democrats are fine with abortion up to delivery! That's unfathomable..."

A 10 year old child can't give birth to a full term fetus without putting her life in jeopardy.

Her body isn't developed enough and the parts of her body that the fetus must pass through to be born aren't big enough yet.

Her hips aren't fully formed for pregnancy yet.

She is a TEN YEAR OLD CHILD who has not even physically fully developed yet.

What you are saying will quite possibly kill that child.

You are a man and you have no idea what you are talking about.
I've said it many times: conservatives aren't pro-life. They are literally pro-death.

LOL! Who do you think you're posting to?

Former Ted Cruz hire, Alice Stewart @ 1:00, "...I think it's important, the other option is what democrats want. Democrats are fine with abortion up to delivery! That's unfathomable..."

I am 100% ok with abortion up to delivery. The government shouldn't be getting involved with this.

Third trimester abortions get used as an emotional club, under this absurd idea that women in month 8 of a pregnancy just decide to get an abortion "for convenience," and people who act on this assumption are just ridiculous idiots who have probably never actually talked to a woman about pregnancy and abortions ever.

Republicans used "we gotta get rid of Roe v Wade" as a way to gin up votes for decades and did squat. The old guard knew it was just a wedge issue for their benefit, they had the "Democrats are killing babies and we gotta stop them" schtick to go with while liberals felt safe with a Supreme Court decision protecting their interests. Most of the GOP elite never really wanted it overturned because they knew it would be a massive rallying cry for Democrats. They're the dog that accidentally caught the car. (the newer ultra right, of course, are true believers)

34 years ago,

1656993443637.jpeg

42 years ago,

Oct. 3, 1980
"Ronald Reagan says he would not select judges on the basis of their views on a single issue like abortion. Rather, "You look for a certain compatibility, broad compatibility, with your own philosophy." These views are a welcome addition to the campaign dialogue..."

It's a pregnant ten year old.

She was raped. It did not "take two to tango," that's an absolutely monstrous thing to say about a pregnant ten year old.
And of course, if the rapist beats the rap or gets out of prison...I guess they get visitation rights in the red states too.

Red States: Living proof that you can't fix stupid.

And of course, if the rapist beats the rap or gets out of prison...I guess they get visitation rights in the red states too.

Red States: Living proof that you can't fix stupid.
A 12 year old just had her rapist get awarded joint custody

If right wingers think we're gonna forgive this, they're nuts.

1. Article is garbage. Barely talks about the 10 year old,and gives no context of her circumstances. Also, funny how there is no mention of the rapist. It's almost like it's a made up story!

So you think a raped child should be forced to remain pregnant and go through the trauma of birth?

No one gets abortions “right up to birth” unless there are serious medical complications or unless there is some element of abuse.

That's your opinion.

Killing 8 1/2 month unborn children is a sick as it gets in the opinion of many pro choice women.
A truly stupid post. The vast majority of abortions are performed in the first trimester. The majority of abortions after first trimester are due to complications such
as deformity of the fetus, health of the mother, etc. Can you find even one example of a woman who carried a child for 8 1/2 months, and then just decided to abort? You won't, because they don't exist.

While I am pro-choice I tire of using lies (IMHO) and deceit as a form of debate. The Supreme court has not denied an abortion to anyone. It left it to each state to decide how to handle the issue.

Start from there, point to states that would deny the child an abortion and we can have an honest debate.
Ohio, where the OP case actually happened.

The 3 posters who liked your post should be ashamed of themselves. Disgusting.

The old guard that you speak of in the GOP are primarily the RINOs that trot out the party platform in election seasons, pretend they care what's in it, then toss it back on the shelf and ignore it until the next election. The old guard in the democrat party preferred that Roe V Wade survive, but remain in perpetual limbo for the sake of fundraising and to flame GOP nominees to the SCOTUS The irony is that the libruls public enemy number one, Donald Trump nominated the justices that made overturning Roe V Wade actually happen. It's like he is still beating you.

People also scream when they're having sex, are you going to claim that sex is traumatic too?

Also, I don't believe you, no real doctor is going to claim that birth is traumatic.

There it is. The stupidest post on DP. Ever.

The old guard that you speak of in the GOP are primarily the RINOs that trot out the party platform in election seasons, pretend they care what's in it, then toss it back on the shelf and ignore it until the next election. The old guard in the democrat party preferred that Roe V Wade survive, but remain in perpetual limbo for the sake of fundraising and to flame GOP nominees to the SCOTUS The irony is that the libruls public enemy number one, Donald Trump nominated the justices that made overturning Roe V Wade actually happen. It's like he is still beating you.
Oh, that's adorable. You think those three picks were really his doing.

When it comes to SCOTUS picks, Trump was a puppet. The Federalist Society handpicked them and he obeyed.

Back
Top Bottom