• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Supreme Court effectively denies 10 year old rape victim an abortion

1. Article is garbage. Barely talks about the 10 year old,and gives no context of her circumstances. Also, funny how there is no mention of the rapist. It's almost like it's a made up story!

2. She can carry the child to term, and put it up for adoption. Problem solved.
1. Do you know how to google for other articles about it? https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1...HeJZAdkQt8YBegQIAhAF&biw=1761&bih=985&dpr=0.9

2. a 10 Year old going through pregnancy and childbirth is extremely risky.

Do let us know when YOU go through it.

Do you suspect the story is fake news? Are you suggesting Newsweek didn't verify the accuracy of the story? I guess it's possible but I would want some kind of evidence for that.
The fact that you are still squirming and cant cite the actual instance kinda proves my point. Newsweek didnt research anything...they cited the story in the Star. The OP cited the Jerusalem Post...which also cited the Star.

You are bleating on about an article that literally cited another article that cited a 'media source'.

beyond that....

Wrong!

Also, if you think that pregnancy and childbirth is trauma then perhaps you should go outside and scream into the forest about how nature traumatized you and every female of every species on the planet. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
You've given birth how many times? It IS trauma on the body. Try to imagine pushing a watermelon out your ass....

Ive read more on the Ohio legislation and I DO believe it needs to be stayed and corrected. While there are allowances for the health of the mother, there SHOULD be specific allowances made for rape and incest. After reading the theoritcal, a doctor could easily argue that the life of a 10 year old child is at risk being pregnant and carrying the baby to term.
Apologies for the back handed compliment, but feel compelled to chime in to acknowledge the one time in 10,000 posts where I agree with you. :)

1. Article is garbage. Barely talks about the 10 year old,and gives no context of her circumstances. Also, funny how there is no mention of the rapist. It's almost like it's a made up story!
Except that it's not made up.
2. She can carry the child to term, and put it up for adoption. Problem solved.
It can be incredibly risky - life threatening - for a 10-year old to carry a child to term for ****'s sake. Not to mention emotionally traumatizing.

People also scream when they're having sex, are you going to claim that sex is traumatic too?
This has to be one of the most asinine things I've read on this site. Do you really think someone going through childbirth is screaming in pleasure????? JFC

That's your opinion.

Killing 8 1/2 month unborn children is a sick as it gets in the opinion of many pro choice women.
Find one example of an elective abortion that late or admit you are being ridiculous.

You've given birth how many times? It IS trauma on the body. Try to imagine pushing a watermelon out your ass....
Actually I can imagine that being quite pleasurable....
Ok just kidding!

Are you kidding me? Problem solved? Do you not have one ounce of understanding or sympathy for a 10-year-old who went through a traumatic event and then was forced to endure 9 months of pregnancy and birth? Forcing her to continue the pregnancy did not solve ANY of her problems.

smh.
Men could force a golf ball through their urethra and send it to tiger woods would be a fair comparison.

Men could force a golf ball through their urethra and send it to tiger woods would be a fair comparison.
Not if there's backspin and the ball goes back the direction from which it came :)

Wrong!

Also, if you think that pregnancy and childbirth is trauma then perhaps you should go outside and scream into the forest about how nature traumatized you and every female of every species on the planet. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
You seem to be ignoring the 10-year old part.

Then again............... your party could have codified Roe and this wouldn't be a issue.

Only yourselves to blame.

Can't have that. If they solve issues, they would have nothing to run on.

Then again............... your party could have codified Roe and this wouldn't be a issue.

Only yourselves to blame.

I like the optimism that the religious fundamentalists on the court would allow a federal codification of Roe to stand. But let’s get real.

That's a nice opinion, but it's morally bankrupt and false.
It’s a sadistic and callous individual that expects a 10-year-old rape victim to give birth. Your posts reek of someone with sociopathic traits and an inability to feel empathy..

I like the optimism that the religious fundamentalists on the court would allow a federal codification of Roe to stand. But let’s get real.
The supreme court doesn't have the power of judicial review according to the Constitution.

Wrong!

Says the male who has no clue what it is like for any woman or child to go through pregnancy and childbirth. A ten-year-old's body has not matured sufficiently to carry, much less deliver a pregnancy without danger to her own health, both physical and mental. And nature has not promised a safe delivery. Animals also die giving birth. That's one reason that we have doctors, midwives and veterinarians

RvW stood for 50 years - why dredge up battles and tack laws (codify) on something that is working fine?
The answer is that the democrats in congress preferred that Roe V Wade be perceived as under constant threat by conservative nominees to the court. That's why they never codified it and never sought a constitutional amendment to back it up. That enabled them to use Roe V Wade as a litmus test against conservative court nominees and use it as a fundraiser.
Americans were sucker punched by the politicization of the SC and the 3 recent Justices; they all new how they would vote on RvW, but led (misled) everyone they would let (precedent settled law) stand.
Ultra partisan nonsense.
It was a dirty trick.
Actually the dirty trick was how the democrats used Roe V Wade to string the librul voting base along for nearly 50 years.

Ive read more on the Ohio legislation and I DO believe it needs to be stayed and corrected. While there are allowances for the health of the mother, there SHOULD be specific allowances made for rape and incest. After reading the theoritcal, a doctor could easily argue that the life of a 10 year old child is at risk being pregnant and carrying the baby to term.

That doctor would put his medical license, practice, and his nest egg in jeopardy in doing so. The same kind of nuts that wrote the Ohio law may also work in the Ohio Attorney General's Office or in a county prosecutor\s office.

When Republican zealots write anti-abortion laws as they did in Ohio, no doctor can "easily argue" any abortion. That's why the clinics totally shut down state wide. Because they never know when some Republican nutcase will prosecute them for an action that they thought was totally within the law.

It takes two to tango.

HE got HER pregnant so HE has rights too.
Not to her body he doesn't. I don't understand why this is so hard. You are focusing on the fetus. What about the Mother? There is no recognized legal Right to the body of another for survival. This phantom Right for fetuses is created out of thin air.

Back
Top Bottom