• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Subway franchisee takes sixteen year old out of school to save restaurant

seymourflops

Keep Calm and Rebuy!
Banned
Supporting Member
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian

Good for her!

Lefties will never understand the kind of literal blood, sweat, and tears that go into owning a small business. They will be shocked!

They'll say, "how's the kid gonna learn that all white people are privileged racists?"

Good for her!

Lefties will never understand the kind of literal blood, sweat, and tears that go into owning a small business. They will be shocked!

They'll say, "how's the kid gonna learn that all white people are privileged racists?"
Righties would have 10 year olds in sweatshops if they could

Good for her!

Get all your buddies vaccinated.

Good for her!

Restaurant pays crap wages so can't find staff, takes her kid out of school probably to work for free and somehow lefties are at fault.:unsure:

She "once" pulled him out of school. What does that mean? For how long?

IMO if the kid wanted to do it, there's plenty to learn in business and customer service and management. OTOH, if you're going to treat him like an adult, doing the work of an adult, IMO he or she should make the choice, esp. if it's long term and affects their future education.

OP post comes across as 'hair on fire, sky is falling' misrepresentation, esp. of the left.

From the article:

Cockayne said she normally recruited high-school students, but that they weren't applying for jobs at her store anymore. "I don't know if parents don't want their high school kids working during the pandemic," she said.

That's probably a big factor. If you rely on a workforce comprised of a high percentage of youth that don't really need to work (i.e. still in high school and living with parent/s), it's unsurprising you're hard hit in times like these.

Or, you know, those Salt Lake City kids are obviously indoctrinated by the left to think big gubmint's teat is a better way to survive than earning from the sweat of their brow.

Just to be clear. "I had to drop out of high school to help save my parents' restaurant" is white privilege. You should see the real reasons people are forced to drop out.

She "once" pulled him out of school. What does that mean? For how long?

IMO if the kid wanted to do it, there's plenty to learn in business and customer service and management. OTOH, if you're going to treat him like an adult, doing the work of an adult, IMO he or she should make the choice, esp. if it's long term and affects their future education.

OP post comes across as 'hair on fire, sky is falling' misrepresentation, esp. of the left.
Ok, what is your argument for more public school while the business that pays the bills falls apart?

Just go on welfare?

Ok, what is your argument for more public school while the business that pays the bills falls apart?

Just go on welfare?
Who did you mean to respond to? Your post has zero to do with mine.

Or, address my post directly with that little hyperbolic tirade.

This is a baffling thread.

Not really, its par for the course from childish conservatives who do nothing but troll and post stupid shit because have to get those stupid poopyhead liberals
Restaurant pays crap wages so can't find staff, takes her kid out of school probably to work for free and somehow lefties are at fault.:unsure:

The right will happily eat up the lies of the greedy, but not the workers who work full time and can barely get by. Of course, then pretend the REpublicans are for the working man.

Just to be clear. "I had to drop out of high school to help save my parents' restaurant" is white privilege.

Of COURSE it is!

No child of immigrants or descendant of slaves ever dropped out of school to work to save a family business!

You might have saved yourself some enbarassment by googling that claim before posting it.

From the article:

Cockayne said she normally recruited high-school students, but that they weren't applying for jobs at her store anymore. "I don't know if parents don't want their high school kids working during the pandemic," she said.

That's probably a big factor. If you rely on a workforce comprised of a high percentage of youth that don't really need to work (i.e. still in high school and living with parent/s), it's unsurprising you're hard hit in times like these.

Or, you know, those Salt Lake City kids are obviously indoctrinated by the left to think big gubmint's teat is a better way to survive than earning from the sweat of their brow.
It's another creative and savvy thread title though.

Now that we can use a credit card to tip while paying, I bet a lot of kids are dropping out to make Subway sandwiches.

Just to be clear. "I had to drop out of high school to help save my parents' restaurant" is white privilege. You should see the real reasons people are forced to drop out.
Of COURSE it is!

No child of immigrants or descendant of slaves ever dropped out of school to work to save a family business!

You might have saved yourself some enbarassment by googling that claim before posting it.
More drama. Where did it say the kid had to drop out of school?

Not really,
Yeah, typical greedy assholes and their fake whines. She probably could afford to pay higher wages to attract people but that would cut into her profit.
Owning a Subway is a tough gig. You need several to make a living and they tend to build them too close together.

It's really the company that needs to fix this so franchise owners can make it work financially.

I heard if you drop out to save the family restaurant, your parents promote you to assistant manager automatically.

More drama. Where did it say the kid had to drop out of school?
Good point.

He's only taking a hiatus. So chill, lefties!

The indoctrination will be waiting for him once Biden's mandates eradicate COVID and he ends the subsidies for not working.

It's another creative and savvy thread title though.
Liberals made everyone lazy! Mom and Pop shops closing because no one wants to work anymore! What happened to the American work ethic?

SCREW EDYOOCATION IN LIBRUL INSTUTOOSHUNS KIDS LEARN MOHR MAKEN SUB SANWITCHES GET A JOB DEDBEET!

Good point.

The indoctrination will be waiting for him once Biden's mandates eradicate COVID and he ends the subsidies for not working.
He needs to be putting in 12 hour days 7 days a week......unless you hate capitalism?????

Good point.

Translation: OP a baseless fail.

Good point.

LOUDOUN COUNTY, Virginia

Not Laudon……..sheesh!

Good for her!

What a dumbass comment. Juvenile.
Do you really not see how you look when you make a really stupid cartoon-figure opponent and then roll around in the gutter with it likes It's an inflatable girlfriend?

Just go on welfare?
Businesses do not have a right to be successful. That kids education is more important than a Subway.

Back
Top Bottom