• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Subway franchisee takes sixteen year old out of school to save restaurant

I heard if you drop out to save the family restaurant, your parents promote you to assistant manager automatically.
Right?

Normally, that takes up to six weeks.

Businesses do not have a right to be successful.
Wow.

They have a right to try, without the government driving them into bankruptcy.
That kids education is more important than a Subway.
He's learning way more by working than at a typical public high school.

What's the matter? You afraid he'll fall behind in Intro to White Self-Hatred, or Advanced Evils of America?

What a dumbass comment. Juvenile.
Do you really not see how you look when you make a really stupid cartoon-figure opponent and then roll around in the gutter with it likes It's an inflatable girlfriend?
No, but I like the mental image.

Thanks!

Trouble with my inflatable girlfriend is that at my age, I get too winded blowing her up to satisfy her afterward.

He needs to be putting in 12 hour days 7 days a week......unless you hate capitalism?????
See, what I suspect you don't get is that putting in that kind of hours would be an excellent education.

Never again would he think that working people should be taxed so non-working people can be more comfortable in their squalor.

See, what I suspect you don't get is that putting in that kind of hours would be an excellent education.

Never again would he think that working people should be taxed so non-working people can be more comfortable in their squalor.
I know. Bring back the sweatshops for children should be the gop rallying cry!!!!!

Of COURSE it is!

No child of immigrants or descendant of slaves ever dropped out of school to work to save a family business!

You might have saved yourself some enbarassment by googling that claim before posting it.
Actually, lots of kids drop out to take care of their families for one reason or another.

And the right then castigates them for not staying in school and getting better jobs.

There is no need for internal consistency on the right anymore. Their people believe anything they are told. And they don't care what the left thinks.

IDK. I rejected the whole "work your ass off for someone else when you're young and hunger for the world. And if you're lucky you might be able to enjoy life as much as you are able because you're old now" deal that is the only one modern capitalism offers.

And I've had an amazing life. Got a good union job at 48 and I'll have a pension and an annuity at 65.

My way isn't for everybody. But neither is being a successful businessperson.

Good for her!

Lefties will never understand the kind of literal blood, sweat, and tears that go into owning a small business. They will be shocked!

They'll say, "how's the kid gonna learn that all white people are privileged racists?"
I had the hots for a sandwich artist once, but when I realized I was 35 years older than her I moved on.

I had the hots for a sandwich artist once, but when I realized I was 35 years older than her I moved on.
A "sandwich artist."

What will liberals NOT fall for?

Wow.

What's the matter? You afraid he'll fall behind in Intro to White Self-Hatred, or Advanced Evils of America?
Of course they have a right to try, that's not what I said. Believe me, government is not the cause of business failure. Thank the government for roads electrical service etc. Thank lack of planning or unrealistic expectations for most business failure.

He's learning to make sandwiches, I doubt he's involved in running the business. Working obviously builds work ethic. High school is the path to that child doing what he wants to do, not necessarily what his parents want him to do.

Restaurant pays crap wages so can't find staff, takes her kid out of school probably to work for free and somehow lefties are at fault.:unsure:
Of course lefties are at fault. If you recall, it was the lefties who shut down all the business and bankrupted the nation's economy in 2020 and 2021. But then again, lefties were never noted for having good memories, just hypocritically convenient ones.

Of course lefties are at fault. If you recall, it was the lefties who shut down all the business and bankrupted the nation's economy in 2020 and 2021. But then again, lefties were never noted for having good memories, just hypocritically convenient ones.
Got your shots yet? That will end this quicker.

Of course they have a right to try, that's not what I said. Believe me, government is not the cause of business failure. Thank the government for roads electrical service etc. Thank lack of planning or unrealistic expectations for most business failure.

He's learning to make sandwiches, I doubt he's involved in running the business. Working obviously builds work ethic. High school is the path to that child doing what he wants to do, not necessarily what his parents want him to do.
Last time I checked it was the authoritarian leftist filth in government that shut-down every business they could in 2020 and 2021. So it is most certainly the cause of government, a fascist leftist government to be precise.

Got your shots yet? That will end this quicker.
Nothing will end this except for the removal of the fascist left, which will be happening by November 2022 in droves. As long as the leftist filth remain in power, the US remains in grave jeopardy.

Nothing will end this except for the removal of the fascist left, which will be happening by November 2022 in droves. As long as the leftist filth remain in power, the US remains in grave jeopardy.
Countries that handled this well did better at beating down the disease. South Korea didn't even have to shut down their economy and has had only 3,000 deaths.

If you and others do your part this will end sooner. Do nothing but complain and point fingers and it will drag on. If you've not had your shot you are part of the problem.

Countries that handled this well did better at beating down the disease. South Korea didn't even have to shut down their economy and has had only 3,000 deaths.

If you and others do your part this will end sooner. Do nothing but complain and point fingers and it will drag on. If you've not had your shot you are part of the problem.
Every country that was not under the control of the authoritarian left did better than the US. Not just South Korea, but Sweden as well, and they not only didn't intentionally destroy their economy, they didn't even require mask mandates. Only those who were under the control of the fascist left had their economies destroyed because they intentionally shut down businesses. This has always been about power, and the leftist filth don't want to give that up.

Wow.

He will learn to make a sandwich, not how to do calculus. It will limit his future career opportunities.

Of COURSE it is!

No child of immigrants or descendant of slaves ever dropped out of school to work to save a family business!

You might have saved yourself some enbarassment by googling that claim before posting it.
actually, most immigrants insist their kids go to school and then work after they get out of school to help the family...but facts are clearly not the friends of some.

actually, most immigrants insist their kids go to school and then work after they get out of school to help the family...but facts are clearly not the friends of some.
So do most non-immigrants.

Doesn't change the fact that his one case of an American pulling their kid out of school to save the family business is nothing compared to the number of immigrants and people of color who have done that.

Last time I checked it was the authoritarian leftist filth in government that shut-down every business they could in 2020 and 2021. So it is most certainly the cause of government, a fascist leftist government to be precise.
Your comments are tiresome. Your understanding of public health issues are nil. Leftist filth is the danger? Really?
"The nation's top intelligence office on Wednesday warned that domestic violent extremism groups pose an "elevated threat" in 2021, particularly white supremacist organizations and those fueled by anger over unfounded conspiracy theories of fraud in the November 2020 election, the perception of government overreach and the federal response to the coronavirus pandemic."

Back
Top Bottom