• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sturgis COVID now in 3 states (and North Dakota isn't answering the phone)

I'm not voting for Trump and I'm not gonna tell you again!

yeah. not buying it. hell, i'm to the point where i just assume every Trump defender/supporter lies a lot.

come on. people in North Dakota should be just as likely to get COVID as a dude in NY City.

Population density does play a role, however, generally speaking, what works in New York would work in the plains states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

South Dakota, Minnesota, Nebraska

One would think it's in North Dakota too.

Coronavirus cases linked to Sturgis Motorcycle Rally now found in Minnesota, 2 other states

200803-sturgis-2015-ac-434p_52b195040a9e7909f314b08671fcfb17.fit-1520w.jpg

On June 18th, California started a mask mandate with over 4,000 new daily cases and over 100 deaths daily. Two months later, California has over 4,000 new daily cases and over 100 deaths daily. Why doesn't that make the news and yet a rally with 250,000 attendees and only around 25 positive cases is what makes the news? Why aren't you calling out California for their failed mask mandate?

Population density does play a role, however, generally speaking, what works in New York would work in the plains states.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Indeed "population density" DOES play a role. Those people who live within 100' of other people in "State 1" are likely to require the same preventive/ameliorative measures as those people who live within 100' of other people in "State 2" and those people who live more than 1,000' of other people in "State 1" are likely to require the same preventive/ameliorative measures as those people who live more than 1,000' of other people in "State 2".

Not only that, but the preventive/ameliorative measures required for those people who live within 100' of other people are likely to be more stringent than the preventive/ameliorative measures required for people who live more than 1,000' of other people REGARDLESS of whether they are living in "State 1" or "State 2".

Unfortunately they haven't quite worked the bugs out of the legislation to provide "Graduated by Residential Separation Distance" preventive/ameliorative measures.

Of course, should they ever actually work the bugs out of the legislation to provide "Graduated by Residential Separation Distance" preventive/ameliorative measures, you can count on a plethora of lawsuits based on the legislation's "violation of the equal protection and treatment" provisions of the US constitution (which would mean that the legislation would be stayed until after the US Supreme Court has made its final ruling on the matter).

On June 18th, California started a mask mandate with over 4,000 new daily cases and over 100 deaths daily. Two months later, California has over 4,000 new daily cases and over 100 deaths daily. Why doesn't that make the news and yet a rally with 250,000 attendees and only around 25 positive cases is what makes the news? Why aren't you calling out California for their failed mask mandate?

Did you know that there is a difference between "trying something that should work but ends up not working as well as you had hoped it would" and "not trying at all"?

Did you know that there is a difference between "trying something that should work but ends up not working as well as you had hoped it would" and "not trying at all"?

Did you know that when you try something that doesn't work you should admit that it didn't work instead of continuing to spread the lie everywhere that it did work?

Did you know that when you try something that doesn't work you should admit that it didn't work instead of continuing to spread the lie everywhere that it did work?

Why bring Trump branded miracle elixirs into this?

You know, since there's no stopping this sort of thing, I am contenting myself with laughing at it.

Since what you are referring to HAS worked in every other country but the US, possibly you might want to look at whether the US was actually trying to make it work.

20-08-26 A1 - G8 + CHINA COVID.jpg

20-08-26 A3 - Comparison of Ratios.jpg

20-08-26 Z6 - Current Daily Death Ratios.jpg

20-08-26 B3 - Death by Ability to Pay.jpg

20-08-26 B1 - COVID vs Other Causes.jpg

don't **** up his argument with math. they're not good at math.

I know that it isn't polite to actually use facts in an Internet "debate" but you might find

20-08-26 B3a  - Appendix to Death by Ability to Pay.JPG

(which is an appendix [that I do not post routinely since I only started generating it recently and the data run is still too short for my liking] to the "Death Chance vs. USA" table in my previous post) interesting.

That chart projects the date (the "BLUE DATE") when Italy and the UK will have a chance that a person selected at random in them will have LESS THAN a 105% chance of dying from COVID-19 than will a person selected at random in the US (under the conditions on the specified date).

When that happens that will mean that people in every single G-8 country, China, and the (aggregated) World will have a LOWER chance of dying from COVID-19 that will people in the United States of America.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom