• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sturgis COVID now in 3 states (and North Dakota isn't answering the phone)

why do college kids going back to school think they are invulnerable and do not have to obey school rules?
Maybe the schools should have Biden talk to them. He wants to mandate masks in all schools.
Shirley, they'll listen to him because he is going to make it all better.

Exactly. College Presidents shouldn't have done what they continue to do in the first place. Everyone told them that opening is a terrible idea, that young students are going to congregate together for large parties and they are going to have a perfect storm for an outbreak before the semester starts, causing the college to shut down and go virtual anyway, causing even more of a financial hit compared to what would have happened had they gone virtual in the first place.

Yes, young people are stupid, but it's astronomically stupid for the grown ups to not see this coming and react accordingly to mitigate risk to everyone, including staff and faculty.

Last edited:
This virus is presents a minuscule to no threat to more than 98% of the population. Hysterical emoting won’t change that.

No it's not, and the fact that you give less than two ****s about that supposed 2 percent (millions of Americans) tells me all I need to know about your character. You have no interest in mitigating the risk to them and if they die because of your actions: "so what?"

Again, people who feel this way deserve ostracism and worse.

Last edited:
Who in the world would stand up to 250,000 bikers wanting to travel to S Dakota?
The governor? Trump? The Sturgis police department?
I know, Sturgis should have recruited the mayors of Minneapolis, Seattle, and Portland to come and give the town advice before they arrived.

Don't you remember Marlon Brando in "The Wild One"?

something tells me that if the DEA, Secret Service, and the FBI decided that was an excellent time and place to conduct a JOINT training exercise, the numbers attending sturgis would have diminished appreciably

So what? The virus is in every state. It's still not a threat to 98% of the population and becoming less of a threat.

i can think of over 170,000 people who would disagree with you, if only they were still alive to communicate their personal sentiments

This is already being discussed in another thread. What is known is that Minnesota is tracking 15 cases that MAY be related to Sturgis...of the 14,300 new cases of COVID 19 in Minnesota since 1 August.

15 out of 14,300 new cases. That MAY be related to Sturgis.

out of 14,300.

But y'all go ahead and keep clenching.

i can think of over 170,000 people who would disagree with you, if only they were still alive to communicate their personal sentiments

That doesn’t mean it not a minimal to nonexistent threat to 98 to 99% of the population.

What else is there to say to people like you? Hundreds of thousands of people dying does nothing to you. Ostracism needs to occur. You're literally a danger to your fellow Americans.

I’m not a danger to anyone.

That doesn’t mean it not a minimal to nonexistent threat to 98 to 99% of the population.

i believe that 170,000 + would disagree with your take

This virus is presents a minuscule to no threat to more than 98% of the population. Hysterical emoting won’t change that.

Yep! Just like Trump said!

i believe that 170,000 + would disagree with your take
When you think about those 170,000 people do you also think about the fact that the vast majority of them come from 8 blue states, with New York being the main offender? Do you think about the rat governors like Cuomo that decided it would be swell to put infected people in retirement communities.

We can talk about the facts of who actually died of that group and what their age was, preexisting conditions they had, what they actually died of, and actually life expectancy for that group another time.

No it's not, and the fact that you give less than two ****s about that supposed 2 percent (millions of Americans) tells me all I need to know about your character. You have no interest in mitigating the risk to them and if they die because of your actions: "so what?"

Again, people who feel this way deserve ostracism and worse.

if the idiots would have let COVID just run though our entire population then 6,564,000
Americans would be dead.

that's 6.5 MILLION

and that's at 2%. if they'd let it run wild there is no way it would be 2%.

and their family/friends. that's more like 1,360,000 people who are pissed.

There was really no way to stop it.
You think any authority is going to prevent 250,000 motorcycle riders from coming into S Dakota?
Now we measure the fallout. It is a worthy science experiment.

Who in the world would stand up to 250,000 bikers wanting to travel to S Dakota?
The governor? Trump? The Sturgis police department?
I know, Sturgis should have recruited the mayors of Minneapolis, Seattle, and Portland to come and give the town advice before they arrived.

Don't you remember Marlon Brando in "The Wild One"?

What are you trying to suggest? That bikers are a bunch of anarchist thugs? I thought you people stereotyped "Antifa" like that. Have you added another group to hate?

yeah, your boy has been spot on...

FEB 26
“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."
— Donald Trump

When you think about those 170,000 people do you also think about the fact that the vast majority of them come from 8 blue states, with New York being the main offender?

where-we-live-usa.jpg

There was really no way to stop it.
You think any authority is going to prevent 250,000 motorcycle riders from coming into S Dakota?
Now we measure the fallout. It is a worthy science experiment.

I just look to be able to find a great deal on a Harley, there should be plenty over the next month.

MARCH 10
“And we’re prepared, and we’re doing a great job with it. And it will go away. Just stay calm. It will go away.”
— Donald Trump

yeah, your boy has been spot on...

FEB 26
“And again, when you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."
— Donald Trump

You seem to be a slow learner!

Hey, even if all 250,000 of them die from COVID-19, that's only 0.076% of the US population and 0.076% is statistically insignificant.

Or so says Dr. M. (the head of the BS [Statistics] program at The University of Numerology).

<SARC>[Your graphic shows a startling fact that very few people are aware of - the more people that live in an area, the more COVID-19 cases there are.

That means that the only "logical" thing to do is to move everyone around so that each American is the same distance from any other American and make them stay there</SARC>[.

<SARC>[Your graphic shows a startling fact that very few people are aware of - the more people that live in an area, the more COVID-19 cases there are.

That means that the only "logical" thing to do is to move everyone around so that each American is the same distance from any other American and make them stay there</SARC>[.

come on. people in North Dakota should be just as likely to get COVID as a dude in NY City.

Back
Top Bottom