• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stores can't force me to wear a mask!!!!

Do you play Russian roulette at all?
Nope. I'm with Martin Luther (on the plague): . I shall avoid places and persons where my presence is not needed in order not to become contaminated and thus perchance inflict and pollute others and so cause their death as a result of my negligence.

coronavirus is a cold.

Organ damage caused by COVID-19

Although COVID-19 is seen as a disease that primarily affects the lungs, it can damage many other organs as well. This organ damage may increase the risk of long-term health problems. Organs that may be affected by COVID-19 include:

Heart. Imaging tests taken months after recovery from COVID-19 have shown lasting damage to the heart muscle, even in people who experienced only mild COVID-19 symptoms. This may increase the risk of heart failure or other heart complications in the future.

Lungs. The type of pneumonia often associated with COVID-19 can cause long-standing damage to the tiny air sacs (alveoli) in the lungs. The resulting scar tissue can lead to long-term breathing problems.

Brain. Even in young people, COVID-19 can cause strokes, seizures and Guillain-Barre syndrome — a condition that causes temporary paralysis. COVID-19 may also increase the risk of developing Parkinson's disease and Alzheimer's disease.

Blood clots and blood vessel problems

COVID-19 can make blood cells more likely to clump up and form clots. While large clots can cause heart attacks and strokes, much of the heart damage caused by COVID-19 is believed to stem from very small clots that block tiny blood vessels (capillaries) in the heart muscle.

Other parts of the body affected by blood clots include the lungs, legs, liver and kidneys. COVID-19 can also weaken blood vessels and cause them to leak, which contributes to potentially long-lasting problems with the liver and kidneys.

Many long-term COVID-19 effects still unknown

Much is still unknown about how COVID-19 will affect people over time. However, researchers recommend that doctors closely monitor people who have had COVID-19 to see how their organs are functioning after recovery.

Many large medical centers are opening specialized clinics to provide care for people who have persistent symptoms or related illnesses after they recover from COVID-19.

It's important to remember that most people who have COVID-19 recover quickly. But the potentially long-lasting problems from COVID-19 make it even more important to reduce the spread of the disease by following precautions such as wearing masks, avoiding crowds and keeping hands clean.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/coronavirus/in-depth/coronavirus-long-term-effects/art-20490351

Oddly enough the left in my state for many years insisted nudity was a human right
And the right insists on clothing for "decency" but refuses to wear masks to avoid killing people.

And the right insists on clothing for "decency" but refuses to wear masks to avoid killing people.
Wearing masks does not prevent anyone from dying.

Even a plain cloth mask reduces the number of virus laden water droplets that inDUHviduals spew into the air.
Reduces, but not nearly as effective as a N95 rated mask.

So 5 percent of those viruses get to you which may infect you.
No. Very few expelled viruses are in aerosols small enough to pass through. Once you get to the N95 rating, the probability of infection is very remote.

Do you play Russian roulette at all?

coronavirus is a cold.
This was my initial complaint of using corona virus when of this all started. A corona virus is a class if viruses that include the common cold. Saying coronavirus is not accurate enough. It's like saying Ford when you mean Mustang.

Reduces, but not nearly as effective as a N95 rated mask.

I take every advantage I can get. I don't go anywhere I can avoid. I keep my distance and don't spend time breathing other's exhalations.
In Sweden, where they didn't lock down like the other Scandinavian countries; a lot more people got sick. The population, not being stupid, restricted themselves and business took the same economic hit at the lockdown countries.
If only inDUHviduals in the U.S. were as smart as dumb Swedes.

Uh huh. And the U.S. doesn't have a higher death rate than countries where everybody wears masks. Oh, wait!
I'm not sure what you are implying, but these cloth masks we commonly see people wear can actually make things worse. We wear them for 8 hours at work or more. They get moist. At that point, they actually become an aerosol generator, and if someone has been coughing covid into their mask, far more covid aerosols small enough to remain afloat are the result. A preson's breath contains very few aerosols, and the mask will generate more than a person breathing without a mask.

Uh huh. And the U.S. doesn't have a higher death rate than countries where everybody wears masks. Oh, wait!
The US has a lower death rate than countries where everyone wears masks

I'm not sure what you are implying, but these cloth masks we commonly see people wear can actually make things worse. We wear them for 8 hours at work or more. They get moist. At that point, they actually become an aerosol generator, and if someone has been coughing covid into their mask, far more covid aerosols small enough to remain afloat are the result. A preson's breath contains very few aerosols, and the mask will generate more than a person breathing without a mask.

Yup. Cloth masks are not very good. Masks not covering the nose are not good. Wet masks are not good. People not wearing masks at all and spending over 15 minutes closer than 6 ft. are very bad.

Say, I've got a 3M R-95 respirator I'll sell you if you are concerned about getting the vapors.

Last edited:
Then you're simply making stuff up with no regard to expertise in the matter.
No NIOSH is.

Virus and bacteria hitch rides on vapor and droplet particles. By filtering those the masks stop the pathogens.
you can't filter that out with something that lets it pass right through I'm sorry that's not how filters work.
For the same reason dust control is important in a hospital setting - pathogens piggyback on dust particles. By filtering and cleaning those dust particles you also reduce the viral load in the environment.
See above.

Your jackass lost.
because of yours cheated.
That’s a reality you will be forced to deal with on January 20. Your delusional reality can’t save you from that truth
I accept the reality that Biden won illegitimately.

KN95s and N95s, on the other hand, are respirators. While a cloth face mask might allow some gaps—such as at the bridge of the nose or near the cheeks—respirators, McCullough says, should seal completely to the skin.

These respirators filter out 95 percent of particles that are 0.3 microns or larger in diameter, explains Dr. Michael Schivo, a pulmonologist and an associate professor of internal medicine at UC Davis Health.

“That’s important because most bacteria are larger than 0.3 microns,” he says. “Many virus particles are small, and some are smaller than 0.3 microns, but they’re suspended in water droplets that make them effectively bigger. So these masks filter out 95 percent of those small particles.”
Generally speaking violent drops are smaller than 0.3 microns

It really doesn't.
A single layer of loose weave fabric does as little as holding your fist in front of your face when you sneeze. A triple layer of tight weave does help.

Generally speaking violent drops are smaller than 0.3 microns

74.4 is greater than 0.3 microns

Characterizations of particle size distribution of the droplets exhaled by sneeze

The geometric mean of the droplet size of all the subjects is 360.1 µm for unimodal distribution and 74.4 µm for bimodal distribution with geometric standard deviations of 1.5 and 1.7, respectively.

Back
Top Bottom