• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stores can't force me to wear a mask!!!!

They can't, they simply aren't fine enough.
I think the CDC knows more about this than you and I. They say that the surgical N95s filter bacteria and viruses.

I think the CDC knows more about this than you and I. They say that the surgical N95s filter bacteria and viruses.
They don't know better than NIOSH. CDC has about as much to do with it as the NRA, or the FBI.

You need a vapor respirator to block out vapors such as virulent water droplets. Key in on the word vapor. Those already exist.

They don't know better than NIOSH. CDC has about as much to do with it as the NRA, or the FBI.
Well if you won't accept the CDC's expertise on healthcare and disease control there's no where to go on this.

Well if you won't accept the CDC's expertise on healthcare and disease control there's no where to go on this.
Yes you have to accept facts if you can't there's nowhere for you to go. CDC has nothing to do with PPE that's NIOSH. You don't even know what to reference when speaking about respirators.

The CDC has expertise in infectious diseases and how to control them not respirators. That's NIOSH.

I can't help it if you're too obstinate to accept that fact.

Yes you have to accept facts if you can't there's nowhere for you to go. CDC has nothing to do with PPE that's NIOSH. You don't even know what to reference when speaking about respirators.
Did you even go to the CDC website I liked to, or read the quote from that website? The CDC defines what N95s are used in healthcare.

The CDC has expertise in infectious diseases and how to control them not respirators.
Respirators and other PPE control infections in a hospital setting. That's where CDC is involved.

Did you even go to the CDC website I liked to, or read the quote from that website? The CDC defines what N95s are used in healthcare.
it's not relevant. My position is an N95 respirator is dust mask. That is an NIOSH designation not a CDC designation.

A dust mask doesn't protect you from viruses. Sorry I don't care what the CDC says about it.

Respirators and other PPE control infections in a hospital setting. That's where CDC is involved.
Sure a dust mask can stop you from getting dust and particulate 0.3 microns and larger into your lungs. Viralent droplets are smaller than that.

If you show me the CDC stating that their N95 designation somehow means it filters out particulate smaller than that than you have a point.

Whining to me about what the CDC says is if they have anything to do with respirator designations is never going to prove your point in a million years.

in 95 is a dust mask end of story you can't argue that fact it's set in stone there's nothing to CDC God himself or anyone else can do to change that. Do you savvy?

it's not relevant. My position is an N95 respirator is dust mask. That is an NIOSH designation not a CDC designation.

A dust mask doesn't protect you from viruses. Sorry I don't care what the CDC says about it.
Then you're simply making stuff up with no regard to expertise in the matter.

Sure a dust mask can stop you from getting dust and particulate 0.3 microns and larger into your lungs. Viralent droplets are smaller than that.
Virus and bacteria hitch rides on vapor and droplet particles. By filtering those the masks stop the pathogens. For the same reason dust control is important in a hospital setting - pathogens piggyback on dust particles. By filtering and cleaning those dust particles you also reduce the viral load in the environment.

By removing the private ballot. You are anti democracy.

Your jackass lost. That’s a reality you will be forced to deal with on January 20. Your delusional reality can’t save you from that truth

If you show me the CDC stating that their N95 designation somehow means it filters out particulate smaller than that than you have a point.

Whining to me about what the CDC says is if they have anything to do with respirator designations is never going to prove your point in a million years.

in 95 is a dust mask end of story you can't argue that fact it's set in stone there's nothing to CDC God himself or anyone else can do to change that. Do you savvy?

KN95s and N95s, on the other hand, are respirators. While a cloth face mask might allow some gaps—such as at the bridge of the nose or near the cheeks—respirators, McCullough says, should seal completely to the skin.

These respirators filter out 95 percent of particles that are 0.3 microns or larger in diameter, explains Dr. Michael Schivo, a pulmonologist and an associate professor of internal medicine at UC Davis Health.

“That’s important because most bacteria are larger than 0.3 microns,” he says. “Many virus particles are small, and some are smaller than 0.3 microns, but they’re suspended in water droplets that make them effectively bigger. So these masks filter out 95 percent of those small particles.”

It doesn't protect others. It can't it doesn't filter out particles small enough.

Even a plain cloth mask reduces the number of virus laden water droplets that inDUHviduals spew into the air.

In general, we Americans don't understand our freedoms. It seems the majority think it means they can do whatever they want to because you know...freedom.
It really means we are generally free from our government.

Sorry.
So when the government is forcing stores to apply anti-scientific society destroying measures like mask mandates that means it’s a violation of freedom to wear one in a store.

KN95s and N95s, on the other hand, are respirators. While a cloth face mask might allow some gaps—such as at the bridge of the nose or near the cheeks—respirators, McCullough says, should seal completely to the skin.

These respirators filter out 95 percent of particles that are 0.3 microns or larger in diameter, explains Dr. Michael Schivo, a pulmonologist and an associate professor of internal medicine at UC Davis Health.

“That’s important because most bacteria are larger than 0.3 microns,” he says. “Many virus particles are small, and some are smaller than 0.3 microns, but they’re suspended in water droplets that make them effectively bigger. So these masks filter out 95 percent of those small particles.”
So 5 percent of those viruses get to you which may infect you.

I don't think he's at all concerned about private property the only reason private property requires people to wear a mask is because of fines levied against the property owner. That isn't private property that's Draconian government interference.

If you believe the government cannot require you to wear something, I invite you to stroll the streets downtown naked.

I'll take a 95% improvement in my odds. Do you prefer to play Russian roulette with all the chambers loaded?
Do you play Russian roulette at all?

coronavirus is a cold.

If you believe the government cannot require you to wear something, I invite you to stroll the streets downtown naked.
Oddly enough the left in my state for many years insisted nudity was a human right

Masks are purely about the narrative.
For wearing them all the time, yes. They are still valuable when people have to be in close proximity to each other.

no he wount - he wants to minimize the risk 95 % - you want all the virus free. Ah now I have it, it´s about freedom!
There is no double blind studies under real world conditions showing the use of non certified masks by untrained masses has prevented a single coronavirus case.

They can't, they simply aren't fine enough.
The N95 rating is of a specific micron aerosol size. It filters 95% id the particle at a specific size. Yes, bacteria are small enough. However, most viruses and bacterial are transmitted within an aerosol. Therefore the threat is greatly minimized when they are utilized properly.

This is what I keep seeing in videos. Unmasked people yelling and protesting that stores can't require customers to wear a mask.

It violates their Civil Rights. It violates their Religious Freedom. It violates the Civil Rights Act. It violates Freedom of Commerce.

Bla bla bla.

Stores have the right to require shoes and a shirt. If they can require that they can require a mask due to a contageous pandemic that has killed almost 400,000 Americans.

Many of the stores are ALSO mandated by law. No masks means they get fined.

I'm just shocked and annoyed by all these failed legal and moral arguments made by anti-maskers.

If you REALLY hate masks, order online. Or by phone.

These stores are also private property. Which means they have a right to have a dress code. And also declare people tresspassers if they refuse to comply with their rules.

I though Conservatives LOVED private property rights and Law & Order?

Oh well.
It’s going to be interesting to see the Biden mask policy brakes out. As for me I have a modicum of medication experience that tells me that masks don’t work for Covid 19 but to be respectful of others in crowded places I wear one. We’ll see?

Back
Top Bottom