• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stop with these sob stories

You do know that they couldn't just up and do whatever they wanted, right?

Our government simply doesn't' work like that. At least not in a legal capacity.

They could have used budget reconciliation and passed funding for Trump's wall at any point during the 2 years they had total control of Washington and it would only required a simple majority. The Democrats could not have done anything about it.

They could have used budget reconciliation and passed funding for Trump's wall at any point during the 2 years they had total control of Washington and it would only required a simple majority. The Democrats could not have done anything about it.

No, majority control does not remotely guarantee complete control.

He isn't wrong, though he has his own hand in it as well. This shut down is just as much their doing as it is his and them playing at being innocent is ruffling more than a few feathers.

So glad you guys believe that the next dem shutdown will be all republicans fault.

I would ask if you have a way of actually proving that, other then voicing it as an opinion.

Because people had the same fear about Obama after he wrote one damn executive order.

How would you suggest that I prove a future event which will not occur because the Democrats will not cave on the wall issue

If all you can do is call Trump that, then it's obvious you're not really interested in intellectual discussion. Because seeing as his documentation for not going is completely legitimate. It just makes you look like a whining child, about ever time you say it.

What he said during Obama's presidency and what is happening now, does not absolve him of any guilt in this. Which has already been pointed out. Unlike you however, I'm not going to choose to ignore the democrats own doing in all of this. It's unfortunate that I must remind you we have a two party system in the US.

Its not all I can do but I do enjoy calling the narcissistic scumbag, 5 deferment cadet fake bone spurs. Has a nice ring don't you think? He had 2 years to pass something. All of a sudden its an emergency which needs a shutdown of government to solve. Not only did he claim NUMEROUS times Mexico would pay for the wall he also claimed numerous times a government shutdown falls on the President as a lack of leadership. Its all on tape. Where is all that deal making that is supposedly his specialty? The real funny comment was the new NAFTA is how Mexico was going to pay for the wall. What a lying sack of ****!

The way CNN is highlighting these despondent government workers you'd think CNN anchors & pundits themselves were not
getting paid until the shutdown is over. The average federal worker costs the government (aka taxpayers) $119,934.Dec 21, 2015,
seems to me that's almost twice the salary of the average worker not in government, what a racket yet the MSM suggests they live from
one paycheck to the next. What propaganda!

1. The cost of employment is not the salary+benefits paid to the employee. It's all the ancillary costs of employment as well--maintaining worker's comp insurance, buying a desk, a computer, office supplies, paying for plumbing necessary to sustain human beings, etc.

2. Where do you think all that money goes? Those federal workers spend their salaries at businesses in the U.S. for the most part. Those desks, worker's comp payments, etc. circulate back into the U.S. economy.

After the shutdown is over Trump ought to trim every branch in the federal system by 10%. Get rid of some un needed dead weight.

That'd be quite a strain on the economy all of a sudden--all those people suddenly out of a job. It would cause a recession, if not a depression.

How would you suggest that I prove a future event which will not occur because the Democrats will not cave on the wall issue

I'm asking, because you decided to voice such an unsubstantiated opinion. You have no way of knowing such a thing will come to pass. No more than myself knowing if the Democrats will actually return to being the party I once knew.

The democrats should just let him have the money and stop standing on their laurels, just for the sheer benefit of throwing spite at him. It's already been shown that the original budget they lauded as being too much, is not actually the budget that is going to be required and in the case of a multitude of programs that are going to run this year. The wall might actually be one of the cheapest I've seen in a long time.

Its not all I can do but I do enjoy calling the narcissistic scumbag, 5 deferment cadet fake bone spurs. Has a nice ring don't you think? He had 2 years to pass something. All of a sudden its an emergency which needs a shutdown of government to solve. Not only did he claim NUMEROUS times Mexico would pay for the wall he also claimed numerous times a government shutdown falls on the President as a lack of leadership. Its all on tape. Where is all that deal making that is supposedly his specialty? The real funny comment was the new NAFTA is how Mexico was going to pay for the wall. What a lying sack of ****!

Actually it seems rather childish and reveals more than a few things about you personally, but okay.
You don't take him seriously, but you take him literally... at literally everything. That is something that I must point out is the biggest failing you can display.

It is an emergency, unless a republican says it.. is that it?

So I'm guessing that you've read this whole page and also about the codes that coincide with using budget reconciliation?

Yes, and I am guessing you are ignoring the fact that for 2 years members of the president's own party were calling for using budget reconcilliation, but support for the wall was so weak even in the Republican Party to get it passed with a simple majority vote in the Senate.

https://thehill.com/blogs/congress-...onciliation-is-the-key-to-building-the-border

https://www.americanthinker.com/art...e_border_wall_with_budget_reconciliation.html

https://byrne.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/byrne-introduces-50-votes-for-the-wall-act

You need to be blaming Senate Republicans for not giving you what you want when they had the chance.

Actually it seems rather childish and reveals more than a few things about you personally, but okay.
You don't take him seriously, but you take him literally... at literally everything. That is something that I must point out is the biggest failing you can display.

It is an emergency, unless a republican says it.. is that it?

Always with a little personal "dig" because you are so mature and want intellectual discussion. How can you take the narcissistic scumbag seriously when he has made over 8000 misleading, inaccurate or outright lies since taking office. Not to mention during the campaign trail. The fact that 5 deferment cadet fake bone spurs can't be taken seriously or literally is a sad state of affairs indeed and reflects very poorly on those that support him. The wall is certainly not an emergency. Opening the government before someone dies because food wasn't inspected properly or we have a security issue is my opinion is an emergency. Hopefully the American people will remember how Repukes govern come next election.

Always with a little personal "dig" because you are so mature and want intellectual discussion. How can you take the narcissistic scumbag seriously when he has made over 8000 misleading, inaccurate or outright lies since taking office. Not to mention during the campaign trail. The fact that 5 deferment cadet fake bone spurs can't be taken seriously or literally is a sad state of affairs indeed and reflects very poorly on those that support him. The wall is certainly not an emergency. Opening the government before someone dies because food wasn't inspected properly or we have a security issue is my opinion is an emergency. Hopefully the American people will remember how Repukes govern come next election.

Are you sure it was not 8001 misleading, inaccurate or lies. Maybe it was only 7999.:mrgreen:

I do not like Trump. imo, he is a poor President. He is not doing the country any service. That said, I also believe members of Congress (both Houses) are doing no service to the Country. All of them need to start acting like adults.

Interesting how some cannot post about Trump without the rancor. How many times does someone need to be shown/told he lies? We know.

Are you sure it was not 8001 misleading, inaccurate or lies. Maybe it was only 7999.:mrgreen:

I do not like Trump. imo, he is a poor President. He is not doing the country any service. That said, I also believe members of Congress (both Houses) are doing no service to the Country. All of them need to start acting like adults.

Interesting how some cannot post about Trump without the rancor. How many times does someone need to be shown/told he lies? We know.

I said OVER 8000 lies, misstatements, fabrications, inaccuracies or out right lies. Probably a lot higher but I was being conservative. All the politicians certainly have some blame but the majority of it falls on the narcissistic scumbag, 5 deferment cadet fake bone spurs. As to pointing out his misstatements, fabrications, inaccuracies or out right lies it appears people have very short memories. Either that or they just don't care. Posting with rancor? Me? How could you say such a thing. :2razz:

Yes, and I am guessing you are ignoring the fact that for 2 years members of the president's own party were calling for using budget reconcilliation, but support for the wall was so weak even in the Republican Party to get it passed with a simple majority vote in the Senate.

https://thehill.com/blogs/congress-...onciliation-is-the-key-to-building-the-border

https://www.americanthinker.com/art...e_border_wall_with_budget_reconciliation.html

https://byrne.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/byrne-introduces-50-votes-for-the-wall-act

You need to be blaming Senate Republicans for not giving you what you want when they had the chance.

Alright, lets ask this question again..

What are the constraints of budget reconciliation?

You've said you read it, so this should be an easy answer.

Still revealing yourself... not surprised on my end, but fine nonetheless.

Are these actual lies, or the same semantics, jokes, and small silly crap that he liked to jeer about during the campaign that the lot of you just can't stop neurotically obsessing over?

You can say that the wall isn't an emergency, yet that opinion would still just as wasted as many of the other unsubstantiated opinions I keep seeing on this site.

Alright, lets ask this question again..

What are the constraints of budget reconciliation?

You've said you read it, so this should be an easy answer.

You must have a budget resolution, and it's limited to spending. Otherwise, you cannot pass legislation with it that is simply regulatory. As to what you can pass with budget reconciliation:

The Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1985, better known as COBRA, which lets ex-employees stay on their previous employer's health plan.
The Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1990, which raised federal income tax rates, famously violating George H.W. Bush's "read my lips: no new taxes" pledge.
The Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act of 1993, also known as the "Clinton budget," which included substantial increases for high-earners in income, Social Security, and Medicare taxes, and dramatically expanded the Earned Income Tax Credit.
The Personal Responsibility and Work Opportunity Act of 1996, aka "welfare reform," which dismantled cash welfare and replaced it with a block grant to states.
The Balanced Budget Act of 1997, which included substantial spending cuts and created the SCHIP program for children's health care. In conjunction with the 1990 and 1993 laws, it played a big role in the balanced budgets of the late '90s.
The Economic Growth and Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2001 and the Jobs and Growth Tax Relief Reconciliation Act of 2003, collectively known as the "Bush tax cuts."
The Health Care and Education Reconciliation Act of 2010, which nationalized the student loan industry and amended the just-passed Affordable Care Act by boosting subsidies.

The fact you are unwilling to blame the Republicans for not funding Trump's wall when they had 2 years to do so reveals the fact that you don't care about the wall either, you just want to try to shift blame to Democrats.

Still revealing yourself... not surprised on my end, but fine nonetheless.

Are these actual lies, or the same semantics, jokes, and small silly crap that he liked to jeer about during the campaign that the lot of you just can't stop neurotically obsessing over?

You can say that the wall isn't an emergency, yet that opinion would still just as wasted as many of the other unsubstantiated opinions I keep seeing on this site.

Yes I reveal my self as someone who isn't conned by the great "deal maker", narcissist scumbag. Too bad I can't say the same for you.

Half the illegal's over stay their visa. Much of the drugs pass through check points. More than half the country agree the wall is a waste. 5 deferment cadet fake bone spurs as well as most GOP morons need to have a boogie man to rile up and scare their base into voting for them.

Yes I reveal my self as someone who isn't conned by the great "deal maker", narcissist scumbag. Too bad I can't say the same for you.

Half the illegal's over stay their visa. Much of the drugs pass through check points. More than half the country agree the wall is a waste. 5 deferment cadet fake bone spurs as well as most GOP morons need to have a boogie man to rile up and scare their base into voting for them.

If you want to keep acting like a child, please by all means go ahead. It really doesn't help your position in the least.

You know that right?

Because of all things the only ones being conned are people like you and the funny part is, that you all basically did it to yourselves, willingly I might add.

So the Republicans controlled everything in Washington for the first 2 years of Trump's presidency. During that time, they could have appropriated as much money as they wanted for Trump's wall using budget reconciliation which would have only required a simple majority and there is nothing the Democrats could have done about it. Yet the Republicans didn't.

Then during a lame duck session, Trump and the Republicans shut down the government for a wall that those Republicans had 2 years they could have appropriated the money for using budget reconciliation with a simple majority that the Democrats could not have blocked. Yet, the Democrats are equally to blame? There is a reason why the vast majority of Americans do not share your view on this.

But Trump doesn't care about most Americans. He just cares about keeping the gullible conned into believing a giant wall is the answer to all their fears.

No, one should call it this:

View attachment 67248349

Yep.

Trump's negotiating skills are limited to throwing temper tantrums, and threatening to do as much harm as possible if he doesn't get his way.

Turns out his book should have been called "The Art of being a Dunce"

I think I found the "propaganda"...

Most janitors, security guards, and cafeteria servers, even people in IT, project management and research don't make 119 large a year, and TSA employees certainly don't. Coast Guard doesn't pay that for rank and file.
You're talking about GS-Supergrade, now known as GS-Senior Executive Service level personnel.

And by the way, millions of those "average worker(s) not in government" have a racket known as "contracting with the government through the private sector", but if I asked you to give even one example of such a private sector job, you couldn't come up with bupkus.

Here's a hint: Cybersecurity firms are an example of essential government contracting which is right now in the dark and offline thanks to the shutdown. Yeah, some racket, keeping our data infrastructure safe from hostile adversaries.

You just love to hear yourself talk, the existence of actual facts is irrelevant to you, just as it is to any right wing crackpot.

I worked for the Feds a few years. No way did I earn that much working for the VA. Hell, I left Federal employment and got into Defense Contracting as the pay was so low from the Feds.

Back
Top Bottom