• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

still voting Romney? Fail

If Romney kills as many jobs as Obama, I promise to vote against him in '16.

You can't be serious.

BUSH KILLED the jobs. That much is obvious, and that much is a fact. IF your complaint is that Obama didn't create enough jobs, then at least you are TRYING to talk about reality. But to claim that Obama KILLED the jobs just makes you look silly.

Last edited:
The lesser of two evils. You?

This mentality is the problem with politics today. I think not voting sends a more powerful message to our elected officials rather than voting for the smaller piece of ****.

You can't be serious.

BUSH KILLED the jobs. That much is obvious, and that much is a fact. IF your complaint is that Obama didn't create enough jobs, then at least you are TRYING to talk about reality. But to claim that Obama KILLED the jobs just makes you look silly.

Bush didnt kill the jobs. Gramm Leach Bliley killed them.

Obama stated over and over the stimulus would perform much better than it actually did. You dont make statements to the American people to pass unpopular legislation and then not get results. Its their money. It better produce results if you want to stay in office.

This mentality is the problem with politics today. I think not voting sends a more powerful message to our elected officials rather than voting for the smaller piece of ****.

No it does not. Politicians care about winning. Not voting is not a vote for the other guy. I would rather stand up and be counted than to sit on the sidelines pouting.

Oh good. A youtube video and nothing else.

Oh good. A youtube video and nothing else.

I enjoy the people who say "you didn't watch the video did you". What do you expect...it is a youtube video. I am not going to take it seriously.

I enjoy the people who say "you didn't watch the video did you". What do you expect...it is a youtube video. I am not going to take it seriously.

Youtube's contributions to society: stealing intellectual property, allowing average joe to fart in front of a fire for popularity, increase more political noise with cheaply edited content.

No it does not. Politicians care about winning. Not voting is not a vote for the other guy. I would rather stand up and be counted than to sit on the sidelines pouting.

Sure, you can stand up and be counted. But what message does that convey? That you are willing to sacrifice some of your principles instead standing up for what you believe in?

Sure, you can stand up and be counted. But what message does that convey? That you are willing to sacrifice some of your principles instead standing up for what you believe in?

Oh Jesus. Just go watch the West Wing and save us from the pretentious nonsense.

No, it conveys that I am willing to stand up for my principals. That is what I base my choice on, who best represents what I believe. No one but me has the exact same set of beliefs and priorities as I do. I do not expect every one to march lock step with me. I simply pick the one who will best represent me. That is not sacrificing your principals, it is standing up for them.

No, it conveys that I am willing to stand up for my principals. That is what I base my choice on, who best represents what I believe. No one but me has the exact same set of beliefs and priorities as I do. I do not expect every one to march lock step with me. I simply pick the one who will best represent me. That is not sacrificing your principals, it is standing up for them.

I'm not trying to argue that, but doing a poor job at it. I am merely trying to say that when someone doesn't vote, it doesn't mean they don't care.

Obama stated over and over the stimulus would perform much better than it actually did.

No, he didn't. The Obama administration said all along that they thought the stimulus would lower unemployment by about 1.5% at it's peak over baseline unemployment, and that's about what happened, according to most economists I've read. Their error was in underestimating baseline unemployment, i.e., the recession was deeper than they thought it would be. In other words, they thought that unemployment would peak at around 9% without any stimulus, and the stimulus would cap it between 7.5 and 8%. But in fact unemployment would have probably hit around 11.5% without the stimulus, which ended up capping it around 10%.

Last edited:
Oh Jesus. Just go watch the West Wing and save us from the pretentious nonsense.

I've never seen it, but thanks for the suggestion. Perhaps it is on Netflix instant streaming?

I've never seen it, but thanks for the suggestion. Perhaps it is on Netflix instant streaming?

Currently subjugated to Amazon Prime and DVD. Bravo doesn't rerun it anymore.

I'm not trying to argue that, but doing a poor job at it. I am merely trying to say that when someone doesn't vote, it doesn't mean they don't care.

I did not say you did not care. I said you where not hurting any one but yourself.

Obama Derangment Syndrome on display.

So far it's "I hate Obama and I don't know why" throughout this thread.

Oh, I know why I hate Obama's policy and have a huge list why, but this thread is about Romney. But if you want me to post up why Obama is a failure I will be glad to do so.

I did not say you did not care. I said you where not hurting any one but yourself.

I just don't buy it. One guy is going to pile two tons of **** on me, the other three. It's still **** in the end. Now I am applying this to the current election only. I will vote for someone even though we don't see eye to eye on everything because I am not naive enough to think that will ever happen.

I'll vote for whomever is running against Obama that has a chance to win. Romney... a fictitious black and white rodent, a small pile of sand.... really makes no difference.

such blind loyalty...touching really
Well now we know there's no difference between Romney, rodents, or sand. :yes:

Back
Top Bottom