• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Stern on Sirius...

Billo_Really said:
Name me one post where you said something constructive or positive about me.

It's not my responsibility to say things contructive or positive about you or anyone else. I enjoy debating politics. You do also or else you wouldn't be here. On the other hand, I haven't said anything as foul and profane as you like to talk. Bill, you're getting a little too sensitive. I'm sorry if your feelings got hurt. Take a breath (especially if you've been here all day. I've gone to work and returned for the day. I think you need a break). I express my viewpoints here, just like you do. If you want to find fault with my Christianity, then fine. If you want to chum with others after I leave and make remarks that I cut and run when it gets hot in the kitchen, then fine. If you want to throw the F word around, great. But don't whine when your feelings get hurt. It makes you look softer than you already are.

Last edited:
KCConservative said:
You don't know anything. But God loves you anyway.

You, sir, cut and ran from me when I answered your question and when I put you in your place when you tried to act like a victim by twisting my comment into something it wasn't. But Santa Claus loves you anyway.

Originally posted by KCConservative:
It's not my responsibility to say things contructive or positive about you or anyone else. On the other hand, I haven't said anything as foul and profane as you like to talk. Bill, you're getting a little too sensitive. Take a breath (especially if you've been here all day. I've gone to work and returned for the day. I think you need a break). I express my viewpoints here, just like you do. If you want to find fault with my Christianity, then fine. If you want to chum with others after I leave and make remarks that I cut and run when it gets hot in the kitchen, then fine. If you want to throw the F word around, great. But don't whine when your feelings get hurt. It makes you look soft.
I was making a point. It had nothing to do with feelings. When I'm wrong, I'm man enough to admit it. But when you're wrong, do you? You were wrong about me being here all day because I just got back from the gym after about four hours. I question your Christianity because you talk and act like you have none. Christianity is living ones life in a Christ-like manner. The things you say would never come out of Christs' mouth.

Billo_Really said:
I was making a point. It had nothing to do with feelings. When I'm wrong, I'm man enough to admit it. But when you're wrong, do you? You were wrong about me being here all day because I just got back from the gym after about four hours. I question your Christianity because you talk and act like you have none. Christianity is living ones life in a Christ-like manner. The things you say would never come out of Christs' mouth.
I'm not Christ. I could never be as perfect as Him. Glad to know you weren't here all day. Brother, this place could make anyone go batty after awhile.

independent_thinker2002 said:
You, sir, cut and ran from me when I answered your question and when I put you in your place when you tried to act like a victim by twisting my comment into something it wasn't. But Santa Claus loves you anyway.
No, I went to rehearsal. Now I'm back. Now what was your little question? Fire away.

Originally posted by KCConservative:
I'm not Christ. I could never be as perfect as Him. Glad to know you weren't here all day. Brother, this place could make anyone go batty after awhile.
I would tend to agree.

Believe or not, your comments are always welcome.

KCConservative said:
No, I went to rehearsal. Now I'm back. Now what was your little question? Fire away.

Re-read my post, this is the questionable reading comprehension I was speaking of earlier. There was no question. I answered your "little question".

Re-read my post, this is the questionable reading comprehension I was speaking of earlier. There was no question. I answered your "little question".
thinker, either ask a question or pose a topic for debate or something. I don't read minds. Otherwise, the topic is Stern.

Okay, so I'm sorry to pull you boys out of the playpen...but I just read this article about Stern and his manager received 34 million shares of stock and that they may now turn around and immediately sell them (valued at 200 mil). I'm not sure, but it seems to me like a bit of a lack of confidence in the network his name is carrying. Thoughts?

http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=163715

getinvolved said:
So Stern goes on Sirius tomorrow morning and I have to say that he is the one major reason I bought XM. He is getting a ridiculous amount of money and I for one refuse to give any money to his salary. He's disgusting. Way to make a practical smut-peddler the face of your company Sirius...

Rumors abound today that Sirrus is going to start monitoring for content and have him on a delay, further rumours is he is talking about leaving soon if they do. He has his money so I guess no sweat off his back, but one more bullet hitting Sirus.

XM listener and stockholder.

Stinger said:
Rumors abound today that Sirrus is going to start monitoring for content and have him on a delay, further rumours is he is talking about leaving soon if they do. He has his money so I guess no sweat off his back, but one more bullet hitting Sirus.

I heard this also. Not surprising at all. Stern is nothing without the threat of being silenced. It's his entire schtick. Without it, he's typical sophomoric, locker room, toilet humor. Nobody cares. He probably orchestrated the whole thing. He craves the controversy.

KCConservative said:
I heard this also. Not surprising at all. Stern is nothing without the threat of being silenced. It's his entire schtick. Without it, he's typical sophomoric, locker room, toilet humor. Nobody cares. He probably orchestrated the whole thing. He craves the controversy.

Yes it could all be a sham to get the ratings up.

Orignally posted by Stinger;
I wouldn't put it past him.

Stinger said:

It very well could be. Here is the funny thing. It doesn't matter what you say about him. It is only important that you are talking about him.

It very well could be. Here is the funny thing. It doesn't matter what you say about him. It is only important that you are talking about him.

I agree with you there, as long as he causes controversy, then Sirius gets there money's worth him, whether its his not being/ being censored by his most recent network or battling the FCC or holding festivals to promote his self-promoting antics --SIRIUS wins. The porblem is...what happens when all that runs out? I applaud a company that does not use the publicity of a ridiculous individual to promote their product and instead relys on their better product offerings. He's such a joke to me, its sad and their thought that they will ever get their money's worth is just as sad.

It'll be interesting to see what happens with Sirius and the censoring issue. I heard he is only working 9months out of the year and four days a week at that. Good thing, I sure wouldn't want them to take advantage him...I mean with him only be paid 100 million a year and all.

Stinger said:

I'll be interested what happens with Sirius when/if Stern does decide to leave. they seem to have put all of their eggs in the Stern basket...I know that most of they people who do have Sirius have decided to get it only b/c of Stern. This shuld be very interesting...in a ROFL, pointing, "told you so.." kind of way.

Back
Top Bottom