• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Stern on Sirius...

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally posted by getinvolved:
As "shocking" as it may be??
It's classic while playing Black Jepordy Robin asks Howard, "What will the winner receive?" Then they wheel out a cardboard refridgerator box and Howard goes, "A new home!" Too funny.
 

getinvolved

Member
Joined
Oct 11, 2005
Messages
155
Reaction score
0
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Billo_Really said:
It's classic while playing Black Jepordy Robin asks Howard, "What will the winner receive?" Then they wheel out a cardboard refridgerator box and Howard goes, "A new home!" Too funny.

Okay, I'll give you that one. But, I'm stickin' with my story. Hearing the f-bomb dropped 77 times before 10 AM sounds like more of a penitentiary nightmare then a preferred morning talk show. :doh
 

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally posted by getinvolved:
Okay, I'll give you that one. But, I'm stickin' with my story. Hearing the f-bomb dropped 77 times before 10 AM sounds like more of a penitentiary nightmare then a preferred morning talk show
Your comments are noted and always welcome.

For me, I love all that f-talk!
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
2,669
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Billo_Really said:
It's classic while playing Black Jepordy Robin asks Howard, "What will the winner receive?" Then they wheel out a cardboard refridgerator box and Howard goes, "A new home!" Too funny.
yeah, classy.
 

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally posted by KCConservative:
yeah, classy.
I suppose your high-horse likes Seinfeld?
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
2,669
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Billo_Really said:
I suppose your high-horse likes Seinfeld?
Does he have a radio program? If he does, I'd sure listen. I like Seinfeld. He's clean. My kids could listen while in the car. Tell me, why is being on a "high horse" such a negative thing to you?
 
Last edited:

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally posted by KCConservative:
Does he have a radio program?
No, because he's not funny. As well as being milk-toast and vanilla.
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
2,669
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Billo_Really said:
No, because he's not funny. As well as being milk-toast and vanilla.
Hmm. I think he's funny. So now what, Billo? Is one of us wrong?
 

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally posted by KCConservative:
Hmm. I think he's funny. So now what, Billo? Is one of us wrong?
Actually, this has nothing to do with being wrong or right. I can also tell you believe in Jesus by the way you always try to see the good in people.
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
2,669
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Billo_Really said:
Actually, this has nothing to do with being wrong or right. I can also tell you believe in Jesus by the way you always try to see the good in people.
Thanks. I try.

So what about my earlier question? Why do you speak of those on the "high horse" so negatively? What is wrong with wanting to live a clean life? Why are those of us who refrain from profanity or crassness put down by you?
 

Thorgasm

Bus Driver to Hell
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
69,505
Reaction score
15,434
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
KCConservative said:
Thanks. I try.

So what about my earlier question? Why do you speak of those on the "high horse" so negatively? What is wrong with wanting to live a clean life? Why are those of us who refrain from profanity or crassness put down by you?

Because "classy" is a social construct. It is a construct that has no other purpose but to make one group of people feel superior to another group of people. Does the language that one uses constitute them living a "clean life"?
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
2,669
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
independent_thinker2002 said:
Because "classy" is a social construct. It is a construct that has no other purpose but to make one group of people feel superior to another group of people. Does the language that one uses constitute them living a "clean life"?
Oh I see. I used the word 'classy' and so there's no way I live a clean life. Well, I try. Nobody's perfect.
 

Thorgasm

Bus Driver to Hell
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
69,505
Reaction score
15,434
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
KCConservative said:
Oh I see. I used the word 'classy' and so there's no way I live a clean life. Well, I try. Nobody's perfect.

No, that is not what I said. Although your reading comprehension is questionable. You asked why people speak of those on a "high horse" so negatively. It is because people resent those who think that they are better than others.

I never questioned whether or not you live a clean life. I just asked how words that people use decide whether or not they live a clean life. I don't expect you to be deprogrammed from the social constructs that you believe in. I would just hope that you recognize that they are society's opinions and not facts.
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
2,669
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
independent_thinker2002 said:
No, that is not what I said. Although your reading comprehension is questionable. You asked why people speak of those on a "high horse" so negatively. It is because people resent those who think that they are better than others.

I never questioned whether or not you live a clean life. I just asked how words that people use decide whether or not they live a clean life. I don't expect you to be deprogrammed from the social constructs that you believe in. I would just hope that you recognize that they are society's opinions and not facts.

Your potshot toward my reading comprehension is duly noted. "Classy" I hope that makes you feel better. I think I'll wait for Billo to respond. It was he and I who were having the discussion.
 

Thorgasm

Bus Driver to Hell
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
69,505
Reaction score
15,434
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
KCConservative said:
Your potshot toward my reading comprehension is duly noted. "Classy" I hope that makes you feel better. I think I'll wait for Billo to respond. It was he and I who were having the discussion.

It wasn't a "potshot". It was an honest observation. I hope you understand my post better now. I did not know this was a KCConservative/Billo thread. Your failure to engage me is duly noted;)

P.S. A "potshot" would be something like addressing you as "KKKonservative". I am not calling you a bigot. I was just using that as an example so you may know what a "potshot" is.
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
2,669
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
independent_thinker2002 said:
It wasn't a "potshot". It was an honest observation. I hope you understand my post better now. I did not know this was a KCConservative/Billo thread. Your failure to engage me is duly noted;)

P.S. A "potshot" would be something like addressing you as "KKKonservative". I am not calling you a bigot. I was just using that as an example so you may know what a "potshot" is.

'questionable reading comprehension' was your comment. If that isn't a potshot, then I don;t know what is. Again, I'll pick it back up with Bill.
 

Thorgasm

Bus Driver to Hell
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
69,505
Reaction score
15,434
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
KCConservative said:
'questionable reading comprehension' was your comment. If that isn't a potshot, then I don;t know what is. Again, I'll pick it back up with Bill.

Then explain how you misconstrued what I said into attacking how you live your life.
 

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally Posted by KCConservative
Tell me, why is being on a "high horse" such a negative thing to you?
Judge not and ye shall not be judged.
 

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally Posted by KCConservative
Thanks. I try.
Negative, I don't think you do at all. You have not spent one ounce of effort at this website trying to understand others. You just try to cram your phylosophy down others throats and then call it a day.

Originally Posted by KCConservative
So what about my earlier question? Why do you speak of those on the "high horse" so negatively?
Because to be on one is immoral. Your not deity.

Originally Posted by KCConservative
What is wrong with wanting to live a clean life?
Nothing.

Originally Posted by KCConservative
Why are those of us who refrain from profanity or crassness put down by you?
Only when you infer that I am less of a person for not having a problem with it.
 

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally Posted by independent_thinker2002
It wasn't a "potshot". It was an honest observation. I hope you understand my post better now. I did not know this was a KCConservative/Billo thread. Your failure to engage me is duly noted
He has a habit of running and dodging when it gets a little too hot in the kitchen.
 

Thorgasm

Bus Driver to Hell
DP Veteran
Joined
Oct 4, 2005
Messages
69,505
Reaction score
15,434
Gender
Undisclosed
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
Billo_Really said:
He has a habit of running and dodging when it gets a little too hot in the kitchen.

Yes, I know.
 
Joined
Nov 9, 2005
Messages
2,669
Reaction score
0
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Conservative
Billo_Really said:
He has a habit of running and dodging when it gets a little too hot in the kitchen.
Or when I have to get to work. Bill, I thought we were having a pretty good discussion....that is until you launched into your last tyrade about how I "cram my philosophy down your throat" and how I spend my "ounces of energy" and how I "infer that I am somehow better than you". I've never done anything of the sort. But if that's what you think, then have at it. Then, maybe this thread will get back on topic. You boys have fun.
 

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally posted by KCConservative:
Or when I have to get to work. Bill, I thought we were having a pretty good discussion....that is until you launched into your last tyrade about how I spend my "ounces of energy" and how I infer that I am somehow better than you. I've never done anything of the sort. But if that's what you think, then have at it. Then, maybe this thread will get back on topic. You boys have fun.
Name me one post where you said something constructive or positive about me.
 

Billo_Really

Banned
DP Veteran
Joined
Jul 6, 2005
Messages
18,930
Reaction score
1,040
Location
HBCA
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Very Liberal
Originally posted by KCConservative:
You don't know anything. But God loves you anyway.
You're the one who doesn't know anything about God if you make statements like that.
 
Top Bottom