• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

State Dept. inspector general report sharply criticizes Clinton’s email practices

The FBI is not some monolithic impersonal entity. It is a collection of human beings, every one of them with personal biases including ideological and political. Whether or not everyone at the FBI can set those biases aside completely in the course of an investigation is an open question. I know that everything leading up to this inquiry has been entirely politically motivated so it would not surprise me.

You mean like Watergate was?

The FBI is not some monolithic impersonal entity. It is a collection of human beings, every one of them with personal biases including ideological and political. Whether or not everyone at the FBI can set those biases aside completely in the course of an investigation is an open question. I know that everything leading up to this inquiry has been entirely politically motivated so it would not surprise me.

The State Department Inspector General is an Obama appointee. The Attorney General is an Obama appointee. The FBI Director is an Obama appointee.

Yes, to conduct official business. What key government employees are directed to do and what they actually do have always been different things as it relates to this subject.

That's incorrect. Bush admin used RNC servers to conduct RNC business. There is no requirement for govt workers to abstain completely from private or commercial networks. What is prohibited is conducting govt business on private/commercial servers. And it's certainly prohibited to transmit classified material on those servers. You do not understand what you are speaking of.

The State Department Inspector General is an Obama appointee. The Attorney General is an Obama appointee. The FBI Director is an Obama appointee.

So? If you don't think that even some Democrats have it out for the Clintons then you haven't been paying attention to the primary.

So? If you don't think that even some Democrats have it out for the Clintons then you haven't been paying attention to the primary.

If everyone hates Clinton, even her own team, maybe you should think about why that is.

That's incorrect. Bush admin used RNC servers to conduct RNC business. There is no requirement for govt workers to abstain completely from private or commercial networks. What is prohibited is conducting govt business on private/commercial servers. And it's certainly prohibited to transmit classified material on those servers. You do not understand what you are speaking of.

Wrong. There were 88 White House officials alone that were using private accounts via the RNC servers to conduct official business. This isn't even a debatable subject. Both Colin Powell and Condaleeza Rice's staff used private accounts to conduct official business including the transmission of classified information.

Your claim is that Hillary is the victim of a Democrat conspiracy? Sorry, but that doesn't pass the giggle test.

If everyone hates Clinton, even her own team, maybe you should think about why that is.

I'm still waiting for a legitimate reason why I should care about any of this.

Wrong. There were 88 White House officials alone that were using private accounts via the RNC servers to conduct official business. This isn't even a debatable subject. Both Colin Powell and Condaleeza Rice's staff used private accounts to conduct official business including the transmission of classified information.

Not a one of them set up a private server with sole control of it to do anything of the sort. The classified emails you speak of were both discussions about open source information that was retroactively classified (years later). You're swinging wide, buddy.

Not a one of them set up a private server with sole control of it to do anything of the sort. The classified emails you speak of were both discussions about open source information that was retroactively classified (years later). You're swinging wide, buddy.

Private is private no matter who set it up. It also looks like you really stepped in it with that last comment. How many of the emails in Clinton's case weren't retroactively classified until years after the fact? The answer is none.

............ :2wave: Long time no see, Mac.

Ya know this election year has been wild. We have a party's candidate that is screaming and yelling and lying about everything...and then there's the asshole, Trump. What a mess we're in, huh? ;)

The IG says she broke the law. In legalese, that's known as a, "star witness". The IG's position makes him an expert and his testimony will be treated as expert testimony.

The IG says she broke the law. In legalese, that's known as a, "star witness". The IG's position makes him an expert and his testimony will be treated as expert testimony.

Can you quote the specific portion in which the ISG accuses Hillary Clinton of breaking the law? Or is that just your interpretation of what the ISG actually said?

Private is private no matter who set it up. It also looks like you really stepped in it with that last comment. How many of the emails in Clinton's case weren't retroactively classified until years after the fact? The answer is none.

That's also incorrect. The biggest distincition is that all those people you are claiming as cover used private email in some cases while Clinton used it solely. She conducted 100% of her business on her own server that she had sole control over. That's a huge distinction. Further it has been reported that some of those emails were actually photos of classified govt computer screens taken with a cell phone (itself a major violation) and then transmitted through Clinton's server. That information was born classified.

Further, the IG reports proves Clinton has been intentionally lying to the media about the issue. She has claimed she was authorized to do what she did. This report states unequivocally that she was not and that her actions were an intentional violation of State Dept policy.

............ :2wave: Long time no see, Mac.

Ya know this election year has been wild. We have a party's candidate that is screaming and yelling and lying about everything...and then there's the asshole, Trump. What a mess we're in, huh? ;)

Hey RM. Yup, quite a Mess. I may vote for Richard Pryor.

The information on those servers must be checked over prior to deletion in order to be compliant with the Freedom Of Information Act. Hillary thought she was above the "little people" by not following the law.

You can check it out yourself............ and call me a liar if you find it not to be true.

That's also incorrect. The biggest distincition is that all those people you are claiming as cover used private email in some cases while Clinton used it solely. She conducted 100% of her business on her own server that she had sole control over. That's a huge distinction.

Isnt that alleged distinction just a distinction without a difference? Does the law you accuse Clinton of violating make exception if private emails are used to conduct official business and to send and receive classified information only some of the time? It doesn't matter that the emails of 51 of those Bush Administration accounts were destroyed by the RNC? Is that what the law says? Or is that just what you say because of your bias against Clinton? I believe the ISG noted that Colin Powell also exclusively used a private account. When will he be investigated by the FBI? Or Condaleeza Rice's aides? Or any of Clinton's predecessors for that matter?

Further it has been reported that some of those emails were actually photos of classified govt computer screens taken with a cell phone (itself a major violation) and then transmitted through Clinton's server. That information was born classified.

Is that a fact or another unsubstantiated allegation?

Further, the IG reports proves Clinton has been intentionally lying to the media about the issue. She has claimed she was authorized to do what she did. This report states unequivocally that she was not and that her actions were an intentional violation of State Dept policy.

And I should care about this because? Can you even find a politician who doesn't lie to the media from time to time?

Last edited:
Isnt that alleged distinction just a distinction without a difference? Does the law you accuse Clinton of violating make exception if private emails are used to conduct official business and to send and receive classified information only some of the time? It doesn't matter that the emails of 51 of those Bush Administration accounts were destroyed by the RNC? Is that what the law says? Or is that just what you say because of your bias against Clinton? I believe the ISG noted that Colin Powell also exclusively used a private account. When will he be investigated by the FBI?

No, it's not. The laws do not require that a govt worker abstain from using private emails. The law does say that limited use of private email is acceptable is there is a real necessity for that use. It is not implied that it will always be used instead of govt servers. There is a "reasonable man" clause there. All that that you claim here does indeed matter, but it doesn't absolve Clinton of wrongdoing.

Is that a fact or another unsubstantiated allegation?

It has been reported. And what do you mean "another unsubstantiated allegation"? I have made none such.

And I should care about this because? Can you even find a politician who doesn't lie to the media from time to time?

Ahh, the "they all lie" excuse. Well, it's an assumption that they all lie.....Clinton is a proven liar. That may not matter to you, but it does to me.

The information on those servers must be checked over prior to deletion in order to be compliant with the Freedom Of Information Act. Hillary thought she was above the "little people" by not following the law.

You can check it out yourself............ and call me a liar if you find it not to be true.

and the Hatch Act, the Presidential Records act, and a few others...

No, it's not. The laws do not require that a govt worker abstain from using private emails. The law does say that limited use of private email is acceptable is there is a real necessity for that use. It is not implied that it will always be used instead of govt servers. There is a "reasonable man" clause there. All that that you claim here does indeed matter, but it doesn't absolve Clinton of wrongdoing.

It has been reported. And what do you mean "another unsubstantiated allegation"? I have made none such.

Ahh, the "they all lie" excuse. Well, it's an assumption that they all lie.....Clinton is a proven liar. That may not matter to you, but it does to me.

It isn't an assumption. I guarantee that one or more examples can be found for just about everyone. The only question is whether or not they lie about something of national importance or if their political opponents are making mountains out of molehills. This isn't even a molehill, it's microscopic, just as it was with her husband and his games of hide the cigar with Lewinsky. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either an ideologue or has spent way too much time in Washington. Turning Hillary Cinton's method of sending and receiving e-mails into a national priority is one of the most stupid things I've seen from the GOP.

Last edited:
It isn't an assumption. I guarantee that one or more examples can be found for just about everyone. The only question is whether or not they lie about something of national importance or if their political opponents are making mountains out of molehills. This isn't even a molehill, it's microscopic, just as it was with her husband and his games of hide the cigar with Lewinsky. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either an ideologue or has spent way too much time in Washington. Turning Hillary Cinton's method of sending and receiving e-mails into a national priority is one of the most stupid things I've seen from the GOP.

It's not the GOP, it's the FBI.

It's not the GOP, it's the FBI.

It is the GOP. None of us would be talking about it at all just like her predecessors if the GOP hadn't turned it into an issue along with their Benghazi garbage for entirely partisan reasons.

Back
Top Bottom