• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

State Dept. inspector general report sharply criticizes Clinton’s email practices

It is the GOP. None of us would be talking about it at all just like her predecessors if the GOP hadn't turned it into an issue along with their Benghazi garbage for entirely partisan reasons.

That's why we have two parties. Regardless of how her email problem was discovered, the investigation has been fair.

That's why we have two parties. Regardless of how her email problem was discovered, the investigation has been fair.

Pretty sure the Democrats have done a good job demonstrating what a farce those hearings have been. As for the FBI, I don't care because I don't care how Clinton sent or received emails.

I don't see a quote from the ISG saying that Hillary Clinton broke the law.

What else You want? Where the IG write notes on toilet paper?

Pretty sure the Democrats have done a good job demonstrating what a farce those hearings have been. As for the FBI, I don't care because I don't care how Clinton sent or received emails.

You don't care if we direct a criminal to the White House?

You don't care if we direct a criminal to the White House?

I don't care how Clinton sent or received e-mails and she is absolutely more qualified by leaps and bounds than her Republican competitor. Certainly wouldn't be the first, worst, or last alleged criminal to inhabit the White House.

Last edited:
I'm going with Homer Simpson...

Greetings, Removable Mind. :2wave:

There you and Mac go again - another decision to make! :mrgreen: Now which one should I vote for? In this case I like them both - the two actually running - not so much! :thumbdown!

The hearings don't matter. Don't underestimate the degree to which Hillary risks real legal jeopardy.

I don't care how Clinton sent or received e-mails and she is absolutely more qualified by leaps and bounds than her Republican competitor. Certainly wouldn't be the first or last time an alleged criminal inhabited the White House.

Hillary is the least qualified candidate in modern history. Everything she's been involved during adult life was either a farce, a crime, or a failure.

There are many who feel that the slow drip of leaks about the findings are coming from Obama.

The Obamas and Clintons despise each other.

Greetings, Erod. :2wave:

...and that is going to be the most interesting part of this whole mess! Since the FBI has stated that they are going to turn their findings over to the Justice Department to make the decision about what the penalties should be, if any, so it puts the onus on Obama and the administration since the entire world is watching this. .

Since it is widely believed that the Obamas and Clintons do dislike/hate each other, it will be screamed by her supporters that "the DoJ is just being vengeful if he doesn't let her off the hook," while everyone else will probably just say "I figured he'd let her get away with it but I wonder why...and why would anyone spend their own money to install their own private server in their home when the State Department has a huge state-of-the art one - unless she was intending to hide something." :hitsfan:

Yikes!

I've even postulated as much, but such postulating makes much sense if Joe Biden were running.

Not to be facetious, but I have no knowledge of the above. I do remember it getting pretty contentious as the '08 primary wore down, though ...

honestly I think there is on love lost here and Obama doesn't seem like he is the kind of guy that will just let things go.
he very much could be leaking stuff to the press about Clinton through back door channels and no one would ever know it.

if the FBI doesn't move to prosecute and the DOJ refuses to prosecute I think you will see massive protests in Washington.

...and that is going to be the most interesting part of this whole mess! Since the FBI has stated that they are going to turn their findings over to the Justice Department to make the decision about what the penalties should be, if any, so it puts the onus on Obama and the administration since the entire world is watching this. .

Since it is widely believed that the Obamas and Clintons do dislike/hate each other, it will be screamed by her supporters that "the DoJ is just being vengeful if he doesn't let her off the hook," while everyone else will probably just say "I figured he'd let her get away with it but I wonder why...and why would anyone spend their own money to install their own private server in their home when the State Department has a huge state-of-the art one - unless she was intending to hide something." :hitsfan:

Yikes!

The DOJ will find that, yes, rules were broken, but that criminal charges aren't warranted.

And I beg to differ that the whole world is watching, I doubt more than a thousand people outside the beltway and these forums either understands nor cares.

It isn't an assumption. I guarantee that one or more examples can be found for just about everyone. The only question is whether or not they lie about something of national importance or if their political opponents are making mountains out of molehills. This isn't even a molehill, it's microscopic, just as it was with her husband and his games of hide the cigar with Lewinsky. Anyone who thinks otherwise is either an ideologue or has spent way too much time in Washington. Turning Hillary Cinton's method of sending and receiving e-mails into a national priority is one of the most stupid things I've seen from the GOP.

It is an assumption until it's proven, and Clinton is a proven liar. A flagrant disregard for the law, combined with a Nixonian paranoia makes this far more than a molehill.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...6f8ebc-2275-11e6-aa84-42391ba52c91_story.html

this effectively confirms the lax practices that we have been reading about for months

what surprises me is her refusal to participate in the IG investigation ... asserting that the IG previously was a staff member of a republican congressman
senior members of her staff also refused to cooperate

that seems a contradiction to her public presentations that she will fully cooperate in these investigations

Ya think?

Wrong. There were 88 White House officials alone that were using private accounts via the RNC servers to conduct official business. This isn't even a debatable subject. Both Colin Powell and Condaleeza Rice's staff used private accounts to conduct official business including the transmission of classified information.

From the NYT

The inspector general found that Mrs. Clinton “had an obligation to discuss using her personal email account to conduct official business” with department officials but that, contrary to her claims that the department “allowed” the arrangement, there was “no evidence” she had requested or received approval for it.

And while other senior officials had used personal email accounts for official business, including Colin Powell when he was secretary, the rules made clear by the time she became the nation’s top diplomat that using a private server for official business was neither allowed nor encouraged because of “significant security risks.”

The rules the IG is referring to are State Department policies designed to ensure compliance with the Federal Records Act.

Yikes!

Bingo ...
There are two highly suggestive – almost smoking gun -- snippets in the report, that speak to Hillary’s motives and sensitivities. When Huma Abedin was worried that Hillary’s emails were being directed to spam filters because they were not from an official account and suggested that she:

…release her secret address to the department so she could be designated as a verified account, keeping her messages out of spam folders.

Mrs. Clinton refused, saying she didn’t “want any risk of the personal being accessible.” The inspector general at that point in the report notes that Mrs. Clinton refused to cooperate, and Ms. Abedin did not respond to a request to be interviewed.

Blog: State Department Inspector General’s report demolishes Hillary’s excuses about her private email server

And that confirms what people have been saying ... at it's core it was the fear of FOIA.
Come to think of it ClimateGate emails also showed one of the big names writing that they'd destroy their emails rather than satisfy FOIA requests ... but that's a topic for another thread.

Sheesh ... emails, right?

'Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive'

............ :2wave: Long time no see, Mac.

Ya know this election year has been wild. We have a party's candidate that is screaming and yelling and lying about everything...and then there's the asshole, Trump. What a mess we're in, huh? ;)

I think it is a hoot, not a mess. It is easily the most entertaining election cycle in my memory.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...6f8ebc-2275-11e6-aa84-42391ba52c91_story.html

this effectively confirms the lax practices that we have been reading about for months

what surprises me is her refusal to participate in the IG investigation ... asserting that the IG previously was a staff member of a republican congressman
senior members of her staff also refused to cooperate

that seems a contradiction to her public presentations that she will fully cooperate in these investigations

There's lax practices, then there's violating the law. They found classified emails on her server, and I believe the White House just confirmed that there were 22 or 33, something like that, classified emails sent to her. I believe having classified emails on her personal server does violate the law. I wonder is Obama is holding this up or not. Of course, he should not be doing that either.

The DOJ will find that, yes, rules were broken, but that criminal charges aren't warranted.

And I beg to differ that the whole world is watching, I doubt more than a thousand people outside the beltway and these forums either understands nor cares.

When I said the whole world is watching, I was thinking more along the line of world leaders, not the general populous. Both Clinton and Obama are too well known for those leaders not to be interested in what's going on. As an example, I have been following the political crisis in Brazil where the first female President, Dilma Rousseff, is being impeached, because I am interested in what the outcome of this might mean to our country. The world is too small these days not to wonder...

As far as Clinton is concerned, what hacker Guccifer might have said to the FBI, who is questioning him about what he learned from her emails, might be noteworthy, or maybe not. Time will tell...

Bingo ...

Blog: State Department Inspector General’s report demolishes Hillary’s excuses about her private email server

And that confirms what people have been saying ... at it's core it was the fear of FOIA.
Come to think of it ClimateGate emails also showed one of the big names writing that they'd destroy their emails rather than satisfy FOIA requests ... but that's a topic for another thread.

Sheesh ... emails, right?

'Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive'

The old saying applies . It's not the crime,it's the cover up.

The fact that she has repeatedly lied about this thing( And that's not supposition any more) leads reasonable people to the logical conclusion. She's hiding something.

The fact that she didn't cooperate and all the other SOS's did, is also very telling. She knew what some of those question would be and knew she had 2 bad choices.
Tell the truth to the IG, and admit in her own words she had lied about everything before. Or keep lying to the IG . The FBI would be all OVER that.

So she basically decided to 'plead the fifth' in hopes that her flaks and a willing lw press will do damage control.There's definitely blood in the water now, so I don't how long the LW press can hold out.
They'll try though, since they they want a Dem in that white house and I think they know doubt BErnie Sanders can't win .

The old saying applies . It's not the crime,it's the cover up.

The fact that she has repeatedly lied about this thing( And that's not supposition any more) leads reasonable people to the logical conclusion. She's hiding something.

The fact that she didn't cooperate and all the other SOS's did, is also very telling. She knew what some of those question would be and knew she had 2 bad choices.
Tell the truth to the IG, and admit in her own words she had lied about everything before. Or keep lying to the IG . The FBI would be all OVER that.

So she basically decided to 'plead the fifth' in hopes that her flaks and a willing lw press will do damage control.There's definitely blood in the water now, so I don't how long the LW press can hold out.
They'll try though, since they they want a Dem in that white house and I think they know doubt BErnie Sanders can't win .

You got it.
Bad habits are hard to break when they've been working for decades.

Back
Top Bottom