• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Stained-Glass Ceiling: Would America Vote for a Non-Christian?

Re: ABC News Politics; "Obama Muslim Rumors" Excellent Article

For the record, I'm not "nobody", and clearly the Messiah, who was raised by muslims in a muslim nation, was naturally raised as a Southern Baptist who watched the 700 Club every day.

Makes perfect sense.

Weren't you one of the ones whining that Obama's was a member of a church for 20 years where the preacher was racist?

Well, that was a Christian church, not a Muslim church. Were you wrong then, or are you wrong now?

Weren't you one of the ones whining that Obama's was a member of a church for 20 years where the preacher was racist?

Well, that was a Christian church, not a Muslim church. Were you wrong then, or are you wrong now?

I vote for both times. ;)

No, that wasn't whining, that was stating historical fact.

The historical fact that Reverend Wright is a bigot hasn't changed, nor have the facts that the Messiah was raised as a muslim and then attended a church in Chicago where Christ was notably absent been altered by the present history of the Man Who Bows to Dictators and Trash.

Yes, no one's ever pretended to be a "christian" before to get votes. Just were did the Rapist get that super-humongous fake bible he started taking to church during the impeachment, anyway?

Also, no real christian would have stayed in that bigot's church for more than enough time it took to hear his hate speech.

Hate is not christian.

No, that wasn't whining, that was stating historical fact.

If it is a historical fact that Obama was a member of a Christian church for 20 years, then it doesn't make sense that he would be Muslim, now would it?

The historical fact that Reverend Wright is a bigot hasn't changed, nor have the facts that the Messiah was raised as a muslim and then attended a church in Chicago where Christ was notably absent been altered by the present history of the Man Who Bows to Dictators and Trash.
Rev Wright is no bigot. He was claiming that God was angry at America for the way America treated blacks - and I don't agree with it anymore than I agree with Jerry Fallwell claiming that 9/11 was God's punishment on America. So, is Jerry Fallwell a bigot also?

Bush kissed the Saudi King, I guess that is different?

BushSaudiKing.jpg

Yes, no one's ever pretended to be a "christian" before to get votes. Just were did the Rapist get that super-humongous fake bible he started taking to church during the impeachment, anyway?
Bush sure did pretend to be a Christian to get votes. Most Reps/cons kept insisting that Bush was a Christian, but Bush never attended church while in DC, and now that he is back in Texas, he doesn't go to church. That's a fine Christian for you! At least Obama went to church.

Also, no real christian would have stayed in that bigot's church for more than enough time it took to hear his hate speech.
Reps/cons spew their hate-filled rhetoric, and accuse Wright of being a bigot! And many who claim to be Christian, like Sarah Palin is sure one to spew her hate-filled rhetoric, but she's a fine Christian according to all the hypocrites. You need to look into a mirror. Anyone making the kind of comments made about Obama suffers from an affliction called racism.

Hate is not christian.
I hope you aren't a Christian, because your posts are filled with hate.

'Obama Is Muslim' Rumors Raise Question: Is there a Christian Litmus Test for Politicians in America? - ABC News

Didn't want to see this get buried in the "1 in 5" thread.

For some reason, Tom Minnery (Senior Vice President, Focus on the Family) feels that "It is Important for candidates to have a biblical world view," Minnery said. "A view that says there is right and wrong and good and evil and the rights come from a creator. And that is God, not government. Those are key beliefs."

:shock:

No Pastafarian has ever become a candidate for President. I call bias here. :mrgreen:

No Pastafarian has ever become a candidate for President. I call bias here. :mrgreen:

Maybe not Pastafarian, but we've had plenty of presidents whose religious beliefs are not known. There is no evidence of Monroe's personal religious beliefs. Jefferson, Lincoln and Taft were accused of being atheists at the time of their candidacy. We've had deists and irreligious presidents.

We've not had a Jew, Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu or Sikh.

Maybe not Pastafarian, but we've had plenty of presidents whose religious beliefs are not known. There is no evidence of Monroe's personal religious beliefs. Jefferson, Lincoln and Taft were accused of being atheists at the time of their candidacy. We've had deists and irreligious presidents.

We've not had a Jew, Buddhist, Muslim, Hindu or Sikh.

Sikh, and ye shall find.....

Somebody please shoot me for that one. :mrgreen:

In a country where many people say that Mitt Romney could never be elected prez (Mormon Church), I would dare say that a self proclaimed Atheist, today, would do well to seek another line of work.

That's how I see it anyway.

I seem to recall that JFK was the first Roman Catholic. It'll be a long time before another non-protestant gets in, let alone an atheist

I seem to recall that JFK was the first Roman Catholic. It'll be a long time before another non-protestant gets in, let alone an atheist

JFK was up against Nixon, a quaker.... There are a lot more catholic voters than quaker voters..

Back
Top Bottom