• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sounds about right...

LOL so you cant answer a simple question then. I guess this proves my point once again that there was no universal doctrine until the council of nicea. Thanks for for agreeing with me. :mrgreen:

Yup, it was around since the beginning of the christian religion. Why? Because the Trinity makes no sense and the early christians knew it, thats why the church had to force it down everyone's throats after a vote.

Christianity is a religion created by committee, like a Hollywood movie.

If you'd have bothered to read my quote from the venerable Bede you'd have seen that Christianity was alive and well in England, then the poison of Arianism found it's way there.

Because the fourth-century dissident theologian Arius stated the Biblical truth that “the Son is not unbegotten,” and Jehovah’s Witnesses accept that truth, The New Encyclopædia Britannica states: “The Christology of Jehovah’s Witnesses, also, is a form of Arianism.” First, it must be stated that Jehovah’s Witnesses do not have a particular “Christology,” defined as “the theological interpretation of the person and work of Christ.” They share the view of the Christian layman who is recorded as having bluntly told the wrangling theologians assembled in Nicaea in 325 C.E.: ‘Christ did not teach us dialectics, art, or vain subtleties, but simple-mindedness, which is preserved by faith and good works.’ Apparently this man had suffered for his faith in Christ, even as many of Jehovah’s Witnesses have. Like him, they have no faith in theological philosophy. They accept with simplicity what the Bible states about God, Christ and the holy spirit, and they are willing to suffer for their simple faith and prove it by good works.

Secondly, Jehovah’s Witnesses cannot be accused of Arianism, inasmuch as they disagree with Arius’ views in many respects. For example, Arius denied that the Son could really know the Father. The Bible teaches that the Son ‘fully knows’ the Father and that the Son is “the one that has explained him.” (Matthew 11:27; John 1:14, 18) Arius claimed that the Word became God’s Son “by adoption” because of his virtue or moral integrity. The Bible says that he was created by Jehovah as his “only-begotten son.” (John 1:14; 3:16; Hebrews 1:2; Revelation 3:14) Arius taught that Christians could hope to become equal to Christ, whereas the Bible states that God gave him “the name that is above every other name.” (Philippians 2:9-11) Far from being modern-day Arians, Jehovah’s Witnesses believe what the Bible says.

https://wol.jw.org/en/wol/d/r1/lp-e/1984647#h=15:0-16:812

The atheists/leftists will be along (they know who they are) to defend arianism in a few hours, I expect. Isn't it funny that such heterodoxy is supported by the very people who claim to have "no belief" (unless it's against Christianity, that is).

Was I right or what?

You're a one trick pony and it's not working for you. Heresies about Jesus have been around since the 1st Century.

"Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son." - 1 John 2:22

LOL its funny that no other religion has had so many heresies in its early existence, in fact a number of early church teachings were first accepted before being branded as heretical. For all we know its the ones who preach the Trinity as being the real heretics. Flip a coin. :lol:

If you'd have bothered to read my quote from the venerable Bede you'd have seen that Christianity was alive and well in England, then the poison of Arianism found it's way there.

Who cares what he thinks, we're talking about the early history of christianity in the Roman Empire and you cannot prove an early set of doctrines until after Nicea.

LOL its funny that no other religion has had so many heresies in its early existence, in fact a number of early church teachings were first accepted before being branded as heretical. For all we know its the ones who preach the Trinity as being the real heretics. Flip a coin. :lol:

Who cares what he thinks, we're talking about the early history of christianity in the Roman Empire and you cannot prove an early set of doctrines until after Nicea.

It just shows the level of ignorance and hostility of unbelievers to the truth.

It just shows the level of ignorance and hostility of unbelievers to the truth.

Nah, it shows that what you claim as the "truth" has no basis other than being a political maneuver by the then emperor of Rome to unite the religion by forcing them into one doctrine- which didnt work in the end either.

One more thing: people didn't vote for Trump as minister in chief. They voted for him because he wasn't Hillary Clinton, who, in addition to being a serial liar, a criminal, was also an aider/abetter to a serial rapist and criminal himself, not to mention a charity fraud. Don't lecture us about "character".

I'm not lecturing anyone on character, just observing rank whataboutism and hypocrisy.

Quote Originally Posted by Logicman View Post
Bull. There's been plenty of debate about him and his actions. But once again, and this appears to go over your head every time,

Trump is in office not because he doesn't have warts that many Christians and conservatives have noted and discussed, but because even with all his baggage he was STILL a much better choice for president than that lying, greedy, corrupt, immoral, left-wing, incompetent, cellulite-infested, walking gas bag Hillary Clinton.

^^^ Maybe you would serve as better witness of your faith if you could muster some of LM's adjectives when describing Clinton? God's love is on display daily from the American Taliban. I think Clinton is a pretty rotten person, but that language is childish and unnecessary.

It's all good; Trumpism has outed these frauds. It's nice to watch them scurry about in the light. Whores for money and power is all they ever were.

Who cares what a historian thinks, don't confuse the issue with facts.

I'm not lecturing anyone on character, just observing rank whataboutism and hypocrisy.

^^^ Maybe you would serve as better witness of your faith if you could muster some of LM's adjectives when describing Clinton? God's love is on display daily from the American Taliban. I think Clinton is a pretty rotten person, but that language is childish and unnecessary.

It's all good; Trumpism has outed these frauds. It's nice to watch them scurry about in the light. Whores for money and power is all they ever were.

LOL - "Whataboutism" - a made up word that means "Don't remind us of our hypocrisy".

Yeah, that sounds about right for GOP Christians these days.

LOL - I like the, "If a man slaps you on the right cheek, turn and shoot him, it's the law!" :lol::lol:

That one's directed at poor Florida, I'm afraid :)

Well since you have yet to post any, I'll be waiting.

That's what I said, you have to know a fact when you see one.

Let's speak plainly, your Johnny One Note trolling is getting old. I posted something from Bede that blows your fractured fairytale out of the water.

I already explained this in #19.:2wave:

Not to my satisfaction you didn't. I am NOT a megachurches pastor by any stretch of the imagination, so there's no money in the bank for me, not that I would know if there was, the treasurer takes care of that and I never see a penny of it. I am lucky to get my own expenses back. These BS stereotypes are just that, made up complaints and (shall I say it?) Straw men.

No clergy I know voted for Trump thinking we'd see another penny out of it.

Last edited:
Not to my satisfaction you didn't. I am NOT a megachurches pastor by any stretch of the imagination, so there's no money in the bank for me, not that I would know if there was, the treasurer takes care of that and I never see a penny of it. I am lucky to get my own expenses back. These BS stereotypes are just that, made up complaints and (shall I say it?) Straw men.

No clergy I know voted for Trump thinking we'd see another penny out of it.

Maybe the Judges? - jesus needs right wing judges. Who cares about anything but abortion and the evil gays? Kim Davis was doing god's work! /s

I'm actually not trying to judge YOU or put YOU in a box. That was for LM and a /lot of others that really fit the stereotype (yes, I know it's stereotyping, but those are useful at times).

That's what I said, you have to know a fact when you see one.

Let's speak plainly, your Johnny One Note trolling is getting old. I posted something from Bede that blows your fractured fairytale out of the water.

Bede lived during the Dark Ages, so you plainly got your "facts" wrong already. Any other lies up your sleeve?

Bede lived during the Dark Ages, so you plainly got your "facts" wrong already. Any other lies up your sleeve?

Find that on the JW website, did you?

Maybe the Judges? - jesus needs right wing judges. Who cares about anything but abortion and the evil gays? Kim Davis was doing god's work! /s

I'm actually not trying to judge YOU or put YOU in a box. That was for LM and a /lot of others that really fit the stereotype (yes, I know it's stereotyping, but those are useful at times).

The point is, nobody knows what the ministry is like unless they have lived it. The people who come here and tell us what we think, believe, and do dont know wth they are talking about. Personally, I dont think anybody can know what motivates another person other than the basic survival instincts. This forum is becoming too crowded with amateur mind readers, remote viewers, and armchair psychologists. If you want to know what I think, ask me, don't tell me.

Find that on the JW website, did you?

Your desperation is obvious since youve proven nothing because Christianity started out in Judea and not in England- a simple fact that you are apparently unaware of. Try again.

Back
Top Bottom