• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Sounds about right...

The atheists/leftists will be along (they know who they are) to defend arianism in a few hours, I expect. Isn't it funny that such heterodoxy is supported by the very people who claim to have "no belief" (unless it's against Christianity, that is).

Yes, when the JW's and atheists agree on something that is contrary to scripture you can be sure it's wrong.

Then there's the "all paths lead to God" crowd. They all get you to heaven. EXCEPT, they don't like Christianity because then there's only one way to heaven (Jesus). So, instead of it being "all paths lead to God," it's instead, "All paths except Christianity lead to God / heaven." LOL.

It looks like what Falwell was ranting about in the 1970's was the fact that Carter did an interview with Playboy. These days, Falwell's son:
https://www.wthrockmorton.com/tag/jerry-falwell-sr/

I got a detail wrong, but the hypocrisy and moral relativism is the same. Trump's millions of Christian sycophants don't criticize a single thing he's said or done. They used to claim character was very important.

One more thing: people didn't vote for Trump as minister in chief. They voted for him because he wasn't Hillary Clinton, who, in addition to being a serial liar, a criminal, was also an aider/abetter to a serial rapist and criminal himself, not to mention a charity fraud. Don't lecture us about "character".

Yes, when the JW's and atheists agree on something that is contrary to scripture you can be sure it's wrong.

Then there's the "all paths lead to God" crowd. They all get you to heaven. EXCEPT, they don't like Christianity because then there's only one way to heaven (Jesus). So, instead of it being "all paths lead to God," it's instead, "All paths except Christianity lead to God / heaven." LOL.

It is very telling....

Yes indeed. The JW Cult embraced the Arian Heresy and made it their own belief system.

Question: "What is Arianism?"

"Answer: Arianism is a heresy named for Arius, a priest and false teacher in the early fourth century AD in Alexandria, Egypt. One of the earliest and probably the most important item of debate among early Christians was the subject of Christ’s deity. Was Jesus truly God in the flesh, or was Jesus a created being? Was Jesus God or not? Arius denied the deity of the Son of God, holding that Jesus was created by God as the first act of creation and that the nature of Christ was anomoios (“unlike”) that of God the Father. Arianism, then, is the view that Jesus is a finite created being with some divine attributes, but He is not eternal and not divine in and of Himself."

"After nearly a century of debate at various early church councils, the Christian church officially denounced Arianism as a false doctrine. Since that time, Arianism has never been accepted as a viable doctrine of the Christian faith. Arianism has not died out, however. Arianism has continued through the centuries in varying forms. The Jehovah’s Witnesses and Mormons of today hold a very Arian-like position on Christ’s nature. Following the example of the early church, we must denounce any and all attacks on the deity of our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ."

https://www.gotquestions.org/arianism.html

LOL a "century of debate?" Why did it take the church centuries to denounce Arianism?

Because they didnt have a set doctrine of beliefs to begin with, thats why.

/thread

Prove it's not true...

Number one, this:

"About 167 B.C.E.: Seleucid King Antiochus Epiphanes, who sought to force Greek religion on the Jews, ordered all copies of the Hebrew Scriptures to be destroyed"

...had nothing to do with Christianity. You are trying to conflate it as being part of the Christianity vs the JWs feud. You were not a part of any early Church persecution because the JWs didn't exist. Their heresies, did but they didnt. I'll deal with the rest of it later.

LOL a "century of debate?" Why did it take the church centuries to denounce Arianism?

/thread

The pseudo JW is here.

Number one, this:

"About 167 B.C.E.: Seleucid King Antiochus Epiphanes, who sought to force Greek religion on the Jews, ordered all copies of the Hebrew Scriptures to be destroyed"

...had nothing to do with Christianity. You are trying to conflate it as being part of the Christianity vs the JWs feud. You were not a part of any early Church persecution because the JWs didn't exist. Their heresies, did but they didnt. I'll deal with the rest of it later.

Sure it didn't...lol...true worshipers of Jehovah God have always existed...

Sorry, Isaiah says different...

You are my witnesses,” declares Jehovah,
“Yes, my servant whom I have chosen,
So that you may know and have faith in me

And understand that I am the same One.
Before me no God was formed,
And after me there has been none." Isaiah 43:10

Isaiah never heard of you guys.

And that's why the Apostle John taught against heresies concerning Jesus Christ in his 1st Century, 2nd epistle, right???

Another fail for you and those who "liked" your latest abortion. :lol:

/thread

It didn't take a century of debate to denounce it, it took a century to stamp it out.

And that's why the Apostle John taught against heresies concerning Jesus Christ in his 1st Century, 2nd epistle, right???

Another fail for you and those who "liked" your latest abortion. :lol:

Youre angry because people like my response due to the fact that its the truth. Show me specifically where John said Arianism was a heresy. :2razz:

It didn't take a century of debate to denounce it, it took a century to stamp it out.

You obviously didnt read "Logic"man's cited quote. Here it is again, since you clearly didnt read it the first time:

"After nearly a century of debate at various early church councils, the Christian church officially denounced Arianism as a false doctrine."

And your silly, nonsensical statement is false too, it took more than two centuries to stamp out Arianism since it became even stronger after the council of Nicea.

False clergyman.

I've noticed you guys never ask any questions like "what is Gaudete Sunday" or " what is your position on the Kenotic theory?"

The reason you don't is because you'd have to know something to ask those questions, it doesn't take brains to say "fake clergy".

Youre angry because people like my response due to the fact that its the truth. Show me specifically where John said Arianism was a heresy. :2razz:

You obviously didnt read "Logic"man's cited quote. Here it is again, since you clearly didnt read it the first time:

"After nearly a century of debate at various early church councils, the Christian church officially denounced Arianism as a false doctrine."

And your silly, nonsensical statement is false too, it took more than two centuries to stamp out Arianism since it became even stronger after the council of Nicea.

Correction...attempted to stamp it out...truth always prevails in the end...

That's just more of your usual rubbish. There wouldn't have been a debate unless there were a strong lobby of true believers basing their arguments on the Word of God.

And still today the same antichrist spew their heresies. It's always been that way, PoS, from day 1. You just weren't aware of it until your 4th century awakening.

Get a new dog.

News flash: Arianism is still around, but the people who believe in it aren't as sophisticated as Arius himself was.

Correction...attempted to stamp it out...truth always prevails in the end...

There are none so blind as those who will not see.

That's just more of your usual rubbish. There wouldn't have been a debate unless there were a strong lobby of true believers basing their arguments on the Word of God.

And still today the same antichrist spew their heresies. It's always been that way, PoS, from day 1. You just weren't aware of it until your 4th century awakening.

Get a new dog.

LOL so you cant answer a simple question then. I guess this proves my point once again that there was no universal doctrine until the council of nicea. Thanks for for agreeing with me. :mrgreen:

News flash: Arianism is still around, but the people who believe in it aren't as sophisticated as Arius himself was.
Yup, it was around since the beginning of the christian religion. Why? Because the Trinity makes no sense and the early christians knew it, thats why the church had to force it down everyone's throats after a vote.

Christianity is a religion created by committee, like a Hollywood movie.

Get a new dog.

He doesn't know anything, he's just trolling and trying to get you to do the legwork.

LOL so you cant answer a simple question then. I guess this proves my point once again that there was no universal doctrine until the council of nicea. Thanks for for agreeing with me. :mrgreen:

Yup, it was around since the beginning of the christian religion. Why? Because the Trinity makes no sense and the early christians knew it, thats why the church had to force it down everyone's throats after a vote.

Christianity is a religion created by committee, like a Hollywood movie.

You're a one trick pony and it's not working for you. Heresies about Jesus have been around since the 1st Century.

"Who is the liar? It is whoever denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a person is the antichrist—denying the Father and the Son." - 1 John 2:22

Back
Top Bottom