• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Something that has puzzled me for a long time..

shuamort said:
My hero Kerry? Now why do you say that Navy Pride? Can we talk about issues truthfully from now on?

Your statement makes it sound like he said that all who served were "murderers, rapists and baby killers" and we know that's not what he said.

“I committed the same kinds of atrocities as thousands of others,” said Kerry as an anti-war activist guest on NBC’s Meet the Press (quoted in Brinkley’s book, page 362) after he returned stateside, “in that I shot in free fire zones, fired .50-caliber machine [gun] bullets, used harass-and-interdiction fire, joined in search-and-destroy missions, and burned villages. All of these acts are contrary to the laws of the Geneva Convention, and all were ordered as written, established policies from the top down, and the men who ordered this are war criminals.”

Sounds like he should have been charged and tried as a war criminal to me.

I guess that begs the question why wasn't he and how could someone like that ever win the nomination for the democratic party for president?

vergiss said:
1. What on Earth does that mean?

2. Don't you think they would have used these imaginary WMDs when the Coalition invaded?

3. Source?

A. that means that over the years Australia has always been one of our best allies........I can't help it if your not in agreement with your recently elected government.........

B. don't you think if he did not have them he would have invited the inspectors to search anywhere they wanted, even if it included the bedtoom of his palace......If he would have done that he would still be running that country and his 2 sons would still be alive............Thinka baout it.......

C. There are polls taken all the time that state the vast majority of the Iraqi people are glad Saddam is out of power and appreciate what we are trying to do there..............The elections there prove that..........

Navy Pride said:
I guess that begs the question why wasn't he and how could someone like that ever win the nomination for the democratic party for president?
I dunno. I wasn't even born yet. I'll venture a guess that it was because of the mess that Viet Nam had become but I honestly don't know. As for why he got the party nomination? I think it's because the democrats have got that "tiger by the tail" syndrome.

Navy Pride said:
I will try and break it down for you............You can not support the troops and not support their mission or what they are fighting for............I heard the same crap from liberals when I was in Viet Nam then when I came back I fought Liberal spitting and calling our troops names............Liberals are trying to make the same thing happen in Iraq........

Thank God we have a President who means what he says...........
Alright, you've left the not making sense area, and have ventured into the completely ****ing ridiculous.
If someone spits in the face of a troop, they are a ****ing waste of space, end of story. But how dare you, how DARE YOU say that one cannot support the troops and not support the war they are fighting. That would make sense if the military was the one who declared war, but they didn't. They are fighting Bush's war, so you could say that I can't support Bush and not support the war he started, and in pertaining to me, you'd be right. But it's offensive and ****ing proposterous to claim that we don't support the troops. We're the ones that don't want them to die, you're the one who wants to send them into a place where they have a great likelyhood of death, and then once they get back you want to send them again.

And Bush meaning what he says? Like when he said in the 2000 campaign that he wasn't about nation building, and he would only go to war if there was absolutely no other option? Right, I'm sure he ****ing meant that!

If someone spits in the face of a troop, they are a ****ing waste of space, end of story. But how dare you, how DARE YOU say that one cannot support the troops and not support the war they are fighting.

So you call ridiculing their cause supporting the troops?You call giving the enemy motivation support for our troops?

That would make sense if the military was the one who declared war, but they didn't.

Since when can the military declare war without congress or the president?

jamesrage said:

So you call ridiculing their cause supporting the troops?You call giving the enemy motivation support for our troops?
It's not their ****ing cause!!! Do you think they asked each person in the army if they wanted to go to Iraq? Is that why they had to activate the stop loss clause?

Oh wait, I can see it now:
A man, walking down the street in Iraq. His kids have been killed when the roof fell on their head after a misfired American bomb, and his wife was killed when she got caught between a firefight between a local cleric and American soldiers. But he still loves America, and then he sees the newspaper, and on the front page it says "Galen doesn't support the war anymore!", and that just enrages him, and he straps a bomb to his vest and blows himself up.

Exactly, so it's not the military's war! That was exactly my ****ing point!

Navy Pride said:
Why do Liberals like Senators Kennedy, Kerry, Michael Moore and Ward Churchill hate the U.S. military? The very military that is putting their lives on the line so they can make their hateful comments.........

I have never been able to figure that one out.......Maybe one of you Liberals in the forum can enlighten me.....

Thanks

"You liberals"? First, individuals who classify themselves as liberal do not all think a like, some hate the military and some are in the military, it varies, don't stereotype.

It is really sad.............I have met kids that have graduated from high school and can neither rea or write.....

What about the ones who don't know how to punctuate a sentence, that is not to be put on "liberal" teachers, btw, I can't think of a single liberal teacher I have had. Also, don't allow yourself to be influenced by MMule, he is bitter that it isn't the 1960s anymore, the good ole days. (just kidding :lol: )

shuamort said:
I dunno. I wasn't even born yet. I'll venture a guess that it was because of the mess that Viet Nam had become but I honestly don't know. As for why he got the party nomination? I think it's because the democrats have got that "tiger by the tail" syndrome.

Well I can tell you that over emphasizing his military record during the elections he really hurt himself because of so many inconsistencies........

I think the 2 main things that brought him down was that and him consistently flip flopping on the issues..............

The Swiftboat Veterans destroyed him................

I feel pretty good because I contributed $100. to their cause..........

galenrox said:
Alright, you've left the not making sense area, and have ventured into the completely ****ing ridiculous.
If someone spits in the face of a troop, they are a ****ing waste of space, end of story. But how dare you, how DARE YOU say that one cannot support the troops and not support the war they are fighting. That would make sense if the military was the one who declared war, but they didn't. They are fighting Bush's war, so you could say that I can't support Bush and not support the war he started, and in pertaining to me, you'd be right. But it's offensive and ****ing proposterous to claim that we don't support the troops. We're the ones that don't want them to die, you're the one who wants to send them into a place where they have a great likelyhood of death, and then once they get back you want to send them again.

And Bush meaning what he says? Like when he said in the 2000 campaign that he wasn't about nation building, and he would only go to war if there was absolutely no other option? Right, I'm sure he ****ing meant that!

During the Vietnam Conflict I was a troop...........I served in country and on ships that deployed to the South China Seas.............To hear the Left demonizing what we were trying to do there was very demoralizing..............No one I knew could understand how the left could say they supported us but not the mission we were trying to accomplish........

Its the same way with the troops in Iraq............They want the public behind them....They can't understand how the actions of a few bad apples in the prison abuse situation makes the whole military abusers............They don't understand it why a prominent senator would compare our troops in GITMO to Nazis and the Gulag............

Sadly people like you don't get it and never will..............

HTColeman said:
"You liberals"? First, individuals who classify themselves as liberal do not all think a like, some hate the military and some are in the military, it varies, don't stereotype.

What about the ones who don't know how to punctuate a sentence, that is not to be put on "liberal" teachers, btw, I can't think of a single liberal teacher I have had. Also, don't allow yourself to be influenced by MMule, he is bitter that it isn't the 1960s anymore, the good ole days. (just kidding :lol: )

First of all Mule is a great guy................I have known him for a couple of years and fought the good fight with him in several forums.......

That said I wish Liberals would speak up and be heard..The only people you hear are the leaders of their party......

The public school system is failed in this country..............The democrats are in the back pocket of the NEA, that is why nothing can be accomplished in that area........

I personally favor school vouchers but because what about I said about the NEA controlling the dems sadly that will never happen............

There have been polls taken that have said that the majority of the teachers in this country are democrats and liberals................

In my experience and it happened to me, when they are young they tend to lean to the liberal agenda and when they grow older and wiser, get married, have kids they tend to take a more moderate or conservative stand..............

Last edited:
Navy Pride said:
First of all Mule is a great guy................I have known him for a couple of years and fought the good fight with him in several forums.......

I was kidding, geez.

That said I wish Liberals would speak up and be heard..The only people you hear are the leaders of their party......

Did you read the first part of my post, don't stereotype, I speak up. No I don't hold protests, but I tell people my political opinions in conversations, I write into newspapers, etc. No, I am not an exception to the rule (pre-emptive argument) I am an individual.

The public school system is failed in this country..............The democrats are in the back pocket of the NEA, that is why nothing can be accomplished in that area........

What is your reasoning, your the one who refuses to type a proper sentence.

I personally favor school vouchers but because what about I said about the NEA controlling the dems sadly that will never happen............

School vouchers would lead to segregation, as minorities, who generally have less money, would be left in the inner city schools while the richer, mostly caucasian, will have the resources to choose their school.

There have been polls taken that have said that the majority of the teachers in this country are democrats and liberals................

As you posted no numbers, I will. This is from ChannelOne.com, a student news program that we watch in most middle and high schools around the nation.

ChannelOne said:
What party do you identify with?

Democrat: 50424 votes (36%)

Republican: 50024 votes (36%)

Independent: 38017 votes (27%)

Total Votes: 138465

In my experience and it happened to me, when they are young they tend to lean to the liberal agenda and when they grow older and wiser, get married, have kids they tend to take a more moderate or conservative stand..............

Just because it happened to you, doesn't mean it is experience. My parents are democrat. And could it be that you just chose the democratic party b/c that was who was popular at the time? Some of us young whippersnappers actually have opinions about politics that aren't based on our age.

Navy Pride said:
Why do Liberals like Senators Kennedy, Kerry, Michael Moore and Ward Churchill hate the U.S. military? The very military that is putting their lives on the line so they can make their hateful comments.........

I have never been able to figure that one out.......Maybe one of you Liberals in the forum can enlighten me.....

Thanks

"We, the United States of America, are culpable in committing so many acts of terror and bloodshed that we had better get a clue about the culture of violence in which we have been active participants...Don't be like us,’ ‘You've got to stand up, right? You've got to be brave.

That is what Michael Moore told a crowd in Berlin.

I think these people secretly want to be Europeans....French, to be exact.

There was a time when the Left opposed fascism and supported democracy, when it wasn't a seething-yet-shrinking mass of self-hatred and idiocy. That day is long past, and the moral and intellectual decay of the Left is far gone.

MiamiFlorida said:
"We, the United States of America, are culpable in committing so many acts of terror and bloodshed that we had better get a clue about the culture of violence in which we have been active participants...Don't be like us,’ ‘You've got to stand up, right? You've got to be brave.

That is what Michael Moore told a crowd in Berlin.

I think these people secretly want to be Europeans....French, to be exact.

There was a time when the Left opposed fascism and supported democracy, when it wasn't a seething-yet-shrinking mass of self-hatred and idiocy. That day is long past, and the moral and intellectual decay of the Left is far gone.

Glad to see you have such an open mind...

And Ann Coulter has said things like:
"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity."

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."

Looks like idiocy's pendulum swings over the left and the right, eh?

In other words, making blanket statements based on pundits or politicians that cover a swath of americans is, well, dumb.

It's not their ****ing cause!!! Do you think they asked each person in the army if they wanted to go to Iraq? Is that why they had to activate the stop loss clause?

Oh wait, I can see it now:
A man, walking down the street in Iraq. His kids have been killed when the roof fell on their head after a misfired American bomb, and his wife was killed when she got caught between a firefight between a local cleric and American soldiers. But he still loves America, and then he sees the newspaper, and on the front page it says "Galen doesn't support the war anymore!", and that just enrages him, and he straps a bomb to his vest and blows himself up.

Quote:
Exactly, so it's not the military's war! That was exactly my ****ing point!

As any idiotic moron liberal you assume people join the military not knowing that they could go to war.When I signed my name on the dotted line for infantry I knew that more than likely I could go to war,I knew that in a time of war they could initiate a stop loss or recall me back to duty.Their cause is what they fighting for,so when some piece of **** liberal is sitting their like some damn trekkie nerd living in his mother's basement critizing the war it is quite demoralizing to those soldiers.You might as well have a giant foam finger
that say go terrorist go,because that is what you are saying to the insurgeants and terrorist in Iraq every time you sit in the confort of your mother's house.As far as I am concenred the U.S. should leave the rest of the world alone and let the rest of the world kill itself off.But since our troops are there,we should support them, we should look at the long term good that may come out of this.

I am sure the sportijng goods store can custum make a foam finger for you that says go terrorist go,you can proably geta T-shirt that says Osama Bin laden my hero,then you can let your true colors show.

jamesrage said:
As any idiotic moron liberal you assume people join the military not knowing that they could go to war.When I signed my name on the dotted line for infantry I knew that more than likely I could go to war,I knew that in a time of war they could initiate a stop loss or recall me back to duty.Their cause is what they fighting for,so when some piece of **** liberal is sitting their like some damn trekkie nerd living in his mother's basement critizing the war it is quite demoralizing to those soldiers.You might as well have a giant foam finger
that say go terrorist go,because that is what you are saying to the insurgeants and terrorist in Iraq every time you sit in the confort of your mother's house.As far as I am concenred the U.S. should leave the rest of the world alone and let the rest of the world kill itself off.But since our troops are there,we should support them, we should look at the long term good that may come out of this.

I am sure the sportijng goods store can custum make a foam finger for you that says go terrorist go,you can proably geta T-shirt that says Osama Bin laden my hero,then you can let your true colors show.

Great argument! Complete with blanket stereotypes, personal attacks, blanket attacks, and no logic whatsoever, you represent anti-liberals well.

:applaud

shuamort said:
And Ann Coulter has said things like:
"We should invade their countries, kill their leaders, and convert them to Christianity."

"My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times Building."

Looks like idiocy's pendulum swings over the left and the right, eh?

In other words, making blanket statements based on pundits or politicians that cover a swath of americans is, well, dumb.

Yeah she is a partisan hack when it comes to Liberals.........What does that have to do with having disdain and contempt for our military though?:confused:

HTColeman said:
Great argument! Complete with blanket stereotypes, personal attacks, blanket attacks, and no logic whatsoever, you represent anti-liberals well.

:applaud

There is a lot of truth in what he says, instead of attacking him personally why not debate his points?

Navy Pride said:
Yeah she is a partisan hack when it comes to Liberals.........What does that have to do with having disdain and contempt for our military though?:confused:
It was just a meta-point about MiamiFlorida's statement. Michael Moore has moved from commentator, to pundit, to jackass. He speaks for himself just as Coulter does and both are crappy distractions from a good dialogue.

shuamort said:
It was just a meta-point about MiamiFlorida's statement. Michael Moore has moved from commentator, to pundit, to jackass. He speaks for himself just as Coulter does and both are crappy distractions from a good dialogue.

I agree.... I pay no attention to either although as a movie producer Moore has a lot more visibility.............

I still am wondering why politicians like Kerry, Durbin and Kennedy have such disdain and contempt for our military......

Navy Pride said:
A. that means that over the years Australia has always been one of our best allies........I can't help it if your not in agreement with your recently elected government.........

B. don't you think if he did not have them he would have invited the inspectors to search anywhere they wanted, even if it included the bedtoom of his palace......If he would have done that he would still be running that country and his 2 sons would still be alive............Thinka baout it.......

C. There are polls taken all the time that state the vast majority of the Iraqi people are glad Saddam is out of power and appreciate what we are trying to do there..............The elections there prove that..........

1. Um. But you were talking about the US elections.

2. No. Doing so would have seemed like weakness to his people. Besides, he wanted to sabre-rattle. I really think you need to think about the fact that, if he'd had them, he'd have used them. That's generally what weapons are for - war.

3. If this is true, why are you afraid of showing me a source?

vergiss said:
1. Um. But you were talking about the US elections.

2. No. Doing so would have seemed like weakness to his people. Besides, he wanted to sabre-rattle. I really think you need to think about the fact that, if he'd had them, he'd have used them. That's generally what weapons are for - war.

3. If this is true, why are you afraid of showing me a source?

1. Huh?

2. So rather then show weakness he would rather lose everything including his sons killed.........I think not.......

3. You have to try and do some things on your own..........That is not even a debate..............Just look at the elctions they had.............

"Do you think that colleges will allow people that don't read to attend their school? Because they don't."

Sure, just listen to some of the negro football and basketball players talk.....who couldn't speak a lick of proper English if their life depended on it.

Back
Top Bottom