• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Something that has puzzled me for a long time..

Why do conservatives confuse support for the administration and support for our troops? No liberal wants American troops to lose their lives. Because we did not approve of what they were doing does not mean we wanted them to be killed off or anything like that, or even lose. I'd rather we never went into Iraq in the first place, then not one troop would have died as a consequence. I'd say that if there was one person in America who was against the safety of our troops it would be the president.

To assume that liberals hate our troops is a sick and twisted dementia fabricated by the right to fuel their jingoistic campaign.

shuamort said:
And if I were to paraphrase you... "Liberals hate everything that's good". Of course, I'm not looking for a paraphrase, I'm looking for actual quotes.

If you follow the news you would know that the Liberals I mentioned made those comments about our military..........Durbin for one recently apologized for the stupid thing he said........You must know Kerry called our military in Nam murderers, rapists and baby killers and that Kennedy stood on the floor of the Senate and said our military in Iraq was the problem not the solution.......

Mikkel said:
Why do conservatives confuse support for the administration and support for our troops? No liberal wants American troops to lose their lives. Because we did not approve of what they were doing does not mean we wanted them to be killed off or anything like that, or even lose. I'd rather we never went into Iraq in the first place, then not one troop would have died as a consequence. I'd say that if there was one person in America who was against the safety of our troops it would be the president.

To assume that liberals hate our troops is a sick and twisted dementia fabricated by the right to fuel their jingoistic campaign.

I will try and break it down for you............You can not support the troops and not support their mission or what they are fighting for............I heard the same crap from liberals when I was in Viet Nam then when I came back I fought Liberal spitting and calling our troops names............Liberals are trying to make the same thing happen in Iraq........

Thank God we have a President who means what he says...........

Navy Pride said:
If you follow the news you would know that the Liberals I mentioned made those comments about our military..........Durbin for one recently apologized for the stupid thing he said........
I know that Dick Durbin apologized for comparing American interrogators at the Guantanamo Bay prison camp to Nazis and other historically infamous figures. Does that mean he hates the military and troops? No.

Navy Pride said:
You must know Kerry called our military in Nam murderers, rapists and baby killers
I know that Kerry was responsible for representing the thoughts and opinions of those who had served in Viet Nam and that those opinions came from them. Does that mean he hates the military and troops? No.
Navy Pride said:
and that Kennedy stood on the floor of the Senate and said our military in Iraq was the problem not the solution.......
And how do we know that Kennedy was sober? Just kidding. I know that Senator Edward M. Kennedy said that US troops in Iraq are ''police officers in a shooting gallery'' and that they are paying the price for the ''ideological pride'' of the Bush administration, which has failed to secure broad international support for rebuilding and stabilizing Iraq. Does that mean he hates the military and troops? No.

shuamort said:
I know that Dick Durbin apologized for comparing American interrogators at the Guantanamo Bay prison camp to Nazis and other historically infamous figures. Does that mean he hates the military and troops? No.

I know that Kerry was responsible for representing the thoughts and opinions of those who had served in Viet Nam and that those opinions came from them. Does that mean he hates the military and troops? No.
And how do we know that Kennedy was sober? Just kidding. I know that Senator Edward M. Kennedy said that US troops in Iraq are ''police officers in a shooting gallery'' and that they are paying the price for the ''ideological pride'' of the Bush administration, which has failed to secure broad international support for rebuilding and stabilizing Iraq. Does that mean he hates the military and troops? No.

OK I will concede the point........Maybe hate was a little harsh.....How about a total disdain or contempt for our military? Is that better?

When you talk about international support you are basicly talking about the French and the Germans who were in bed with Saddam in the Oil for Food program......They lost billions by us invading Iraq.Of course they would be against it...............

We can agree on Kennedy, Just kidding............

Navy Pride said:
I will try and break it down for you............You can not support the troops and not support their mission or what they are fighting for............I heard the same crap from liberals when I was in Viet Nam then when I came back I fought Liberal spitting and calling our troops names............Liberals are trying to make the same thing happen in Iraq........

Thank God we have a President who means what he says...........

That's a pretty big generalization. I would never criticize an Iraq or Vietnam Vet for doing his duty. I can only criticize those who put our troops in harms way. There's a big difference there.

Prove it. Cites and quotes.

Read the following that is in bold.

Originally posted by Navy Pride
Well they sure seem to take it out on the military.......

Kerry: Vietnam Veterans are murderers, rapists, and baby killers..

Kennedy: Our troops in Iraq are the problem rather then the solution..

Durbin: The military in GITMO are like a Gulag..

Churchill: Enlisted people should kill their officers..

Moore: Our military are the insurgents..

I am paraphrasing what they said but you get my gist.....

jamesrage said:
Read the following that is in bold.

Notice 2 things. No quotes, no citations. Not really what shuamort was looking for, is it?

Originally Posted by Mikkel
Notice 2 things. No quotes, no citations. Not really what shuamort was looking for, is it?

I assume that since the people here have the intellegence to at least discuss and be concerned about political issues, then they have the intellegence to do the research if they have any doubts over what is said or posted.

jamesrage said:
I assume that since the people here have the intellegence to at least discuss and be concerned about political issues, then they have the intellegence to do the research if they have any doubts over what is said or posted.
I do and I'm calling bullshit on your claims. You can either back up your assertions with cites and quotes of them actually saying that or retract your claim.

Mikkel said:
That's a pretty big generalization. I would never criticize an Iraq or Vietnam Vet for doing his duty. I can only criticize those who put our troops in harms way. There's a big difference there.

Do you critcize their mission or the job they are doing in Iraq? That is what this is about..........

Mikkel said:

If you will read my post it will tell you they are not quotes...They are paraphrases and only someone that has been living on the moon, hs no clue about current political issues or is in a total state of denial would doubt they were said..............

Which category do you fall in?

Last edited:
I do and I'm calling bullshit on your claims. You can either back up your assertions with cites and quotes of them actually saying that or retract your claim.

Apparently you have not been paying attention to current political issues of past and present.

Do you deny Kerry made those statements?
Do you deny that Turbin Durbin,Ted Kennedy,Michael Moore,Ward Churchill made thier statements?Do you not watch the news?

Now I find hard to beleave that someone who has made comments like the ones these scumbag liberals have made somehow love the military.

And liberals claim to be educated.HA!You can't even offer a liberal spin to their statements.

Navy Pride said:
If you will read my post it will tell you they are not quotes...They are paraphrases and only someone that has been living on the moon or is in a total state of denial would doubt they were said..............

Which are you?
And my contension is that these paraphrases are not accurate. Therefore, you'll need to pull the original quotes where you're insinuating that these paraphrases come from to support your claim.

jamesrage said:
Apparently you have not been paying attention to current political issues of past and present.

Do you deny Kerry made those statements?
Do you deny that Turbin Durbin,Ted Kennedy,Michael Moore,Ward Churchill made thier statements?Do you not watch the news?

Now I find hard to beleave that someone who has made comments like the ones these scumbag liberals have made somehow love the military.

And liberals claim to be educated.HA!You can't even offer a liberal spin to their statements.
You're more than welcome to pull the quotes and cites out too.

shuamort said:
And my contension is that these paraphrases are not accurate. Therefore, you'll need to pull the original quotes where you're insinuating that these paraphrases come from to support your claim.

Well if that is so why did Durbin apologize for his comments about our military on the floor of the Senate?

I think it was number 3 you are in a total state of denial so there is really no sense in trying to debate with someone like you........I will not respond to anything you post on this subject until you at least admit that is basically what the liberals said about our military........

Last edited:
Navy Pride said:
Well if that is so why did Durbin apologize for his comments about our military on the floor of the Senate?
shuamort said:
Post #29 of this thread. I already answered it.

You're more than welcome to pull the quotes and cites out too.

The laziness and denial of some people.

Here is a sample of kerry's words

http://eroscoloredglasses.blogspot.com/2004_11_01_eroscoloredglasses_archive.html

I would like to talk to you a little bit about what the result is of the
feelings these men carry with them after coming back from Vietnam. The country doesn't know it yet, but it has created a monster, a monster in the form of millions of men who have been taught to deal and to trade in violence, and who are given the chance to die for the biggest nothing in history; men who have returned with a sense of anger and a sense of betrayal which no one has yet grasped…I understand 57 percent of all those entering the VA hospitals talk
about suicide. Some 27 percent have tried, and they try because they come back to this country and they have to face what they did in Vietnam, and then they come back and find the indifference of a country that doesn't really care, that doesn't really care.

As for any other comments kerry made use google.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&hs=yql&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:eek:fficial&q=Kerry:+Vietnam+Veterans+are+murderers,+rapists,+and+baby+killers++cspan&spell=1

jamesrage said:
Ahh, Winter Soldier, when Kerry went around and interviewed soldiers who had returned from Viet Nam and gave their impressions of what was happening over there. I'm sorry if you feel truth=hate or that you can't seperate the two in your mind.

shuamort said:
Post #29 of this thread. I already answered it.

By his statement I don't tthimk you can surmise that he likes our military.....Don't think anyone that respected and liked our military would make such outrageous statements.........

Navy Pride said:
By his statement I don't tthimk you can surmise that he likes our military.....Don't think anyone that respected and liked our military would make such outrageous statements.........
It was a dumb statement. But making this an either/or proposition with Durbin is equally outrageous.

shuamort said:
Ahh, Winter Soldier, when Kerry went around and interviewed soldiers who had returned from Viet Nam and gave their impressions of what was happening over there. I'm sorry if you feel truth=hate or that you can't seperate the two in your mind.

Your hero Kerry said that people that served in Nam were murderers, rapists and baby killers....He also said he razzed and burned villages in a no fire zone......He testified to this under oath in front of a congressional committee......Now he is either a perjurer or a war criminal...take your choice.........

Navy Pride said:
Your hero Kerry
My hero Kerry? Now why do you say that Navy Pride? Can we talk about issues truthfully from now on?

Navy Pride said:
said that people that served in Nam were murderers, rapists and baby killers....
Your statement makes it sound like he said that all who served were "murderers, rapists and baby killers" and we know that's not what he said.
Navy Pride said:
He also said he razzed and burned villages in a no fire zone......He testified to this under oath in front of a congressional committee......Now he is either a perjurer or a war criminal...take your choice.........
“I committed the same kinds of atrocities as thousands of others,” said Kerry as an anti-war activist guest on NBC’s Meet the Press (quoted in Brinkley’s book, page 362) after he returned stateside, “in that I shot in free fire zones, fired .50-caliber machine [gun] bullets, used harass-and-interdiction fire, joined in search-and-destroy missions, and burned villages. All of these acts are contrary to the laws of the Geneva Convention, and all were ordered as written, established policies from the top down, and the men who ordered this are war criminals.”

Sounds like he should have been charged and tried as a war criminal to me.

Originally Posted by shuamort

I would have to say that this statement that Kerry made equals hate.
a monster, a monster in the form of millions of men who have been taught to deal and to trade in violence

Since when did someone refer to someone else as a monster as a form of love?

Navy Pride said:
Well Australia is one of our best allies.......I guess you are just out of the loop......

As far as WOMD go, Iraq is the size of California and those WOMD could be buried anywhere or shipped to Syria.........Just because we did not dind them does not mean they did not exist.................

As far as the Iraqis go polls show that the majority are grateful for what we have done there.......

1. What on Earth does that mean?

2. Don't you think they would have used these imaginary WMDs when the Coalition invaded?

3. Source?

Back
Top Bottom