• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Somali woman 'with 11 husbands' stoned to death by al-Shabab

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Somali woman 'with 11 husbands' stoned to death by al-Shabab - BBC News

A woman has been stoned to death in Somalia after a court run by al-Shabab convicted her of having several husbands, the militant group says.

Shukri Abdullahi Warsame was accused of marrying 11 times, without divorcing her previous husbands.
==================================
That's Sharia law for you: buried up to her neck & then stoned to death. Moral: even under Trump, it's always worse somewhere else.

A woman has been stoned to death in Somalia after a court run by al-Shabab convicted her of having several husbands, the militant group says.

Shukri Abdullahi Warsame was accused of marrying 11 times, without divorcing her previous husbands.
That's Sharia law for you: buried up to her neck & then stoned to death. Moral: even under Trump, it's always worse somewhere else.

Cool!

Behold the evil of ecclesia.

That's basically what happens when civilization breaks down, and there is no law and order. The garbage that goes on in Africa on their many civil wars is unreal, and the world sadly doesn't really notice very much or do much to stop the atrocities.

Just thankful I was fortunate to be born in the US

Over there, sure. Not our laws.
Seems like this is another reason that you’d dig living there. Somalia is a conservative utopia. Extremely low to zero taxes and you can have as many guns as you want without regulation!

Seems like this is another reason that you’d dig living there. Somalia is a conservative utopia. Extremely low to zero taxes and you can have as many guns as you want without regulation!

I was actually thinking about going there. If you are smart and heavily armed you can do quite well down there especially if you are a good neighbor. Problem is I like my niceties and those are few and far between down there. If get the niceties part figured out, I will probably make a go of it.

I was actually thinking about going there. If you are smart and heavily armed you can do quite well down there especially if you are a good neighbor. Problem is I like my niceties and those are few and far between down there. If get the niceties part figured out, I will probably make a go of it.
Sweet, you’ll make a fortune pillaging and plundering. Maybe you can move up and become some local warlord.

I recommend Haiti if you want a conservative utopia. Weak central government, no social services, bad roads or no roads. Its' perfect. Cheaper plane faire too. Just bullet proof everything and you're all set.

Over there, sure. Not our laws.
I think their laws are wrong, if they allow this.

But then, I also think some of OUR (the USA) laws are wrong.

Yet another wonderful example of ignorance about Islam.

I'm a strong Christian...but I did research Islam for a book and found out that just like there's many, many different kinds of protestant churches, there's many, many different interpretations of Sharia law, and there's many different Sunni sects, and there's even different interpretations of jihad.

If you dug into Islam, you'd find that what they've done wrong is little different from what "Christians" have done in the Name of God. Yeah, most "Christians" have become rather peaceful in the past half century or so, but that does not excuse the sins of "Christianity" over the centuries. If the Inquisition meant that the Catholic church wasn't the true Church then, then it can't have changed and become "true" in the two centuries since the Inquisition ended. If Martin Luther's claim that "if a Jew asked me to baptize him, I'd tie him up with a rope and throw him off a bridge" meant that he can't have been a Christian, then what does that mean for all those protestant churches since he was the "Father of protestantism"? Especially given that during the 1930's and 1940's, the majority of Germans were Lutheran and Martin Luther's own statements were used as excuses by the Nazi regime's actions against the Jews?

Okay? Jesus once said something about pointing out a splinter in someone else's eye when you've got a log in your own eye. Mainstream "Christianity" has committed atrocities just as bad as the Muslims have. In fact, there was a guy in China who claimed to be the actual brother of Jesus in the late 1800's...and he led something called the "Taiping Rebellion", and it cost 20M lives.

Yes, a bunch of Muslims in poverty-wracked (and mostly-uneducated) Africa thought they were practicing Sharia law - and almost any Muslim moderate scholar would tell you that they were far more guilty of a capital crime than she ever was. On the other hand, here in oh-so-prosperous and educated America, a guy claiming to be Jesus ripped off a scarf from a Muslim woman (who was delivering food to him) and strangled her with it.

In each case, a woman was murdered in the name of religion - one by Muslims in a poverty-wracked nation, and the other by a "Christian" in a very prosperous nation.

And yet it's apparently perfectly okay for them to keep sex slaves.

The sex slaves of al-Shabab - BBC News

On the other hand, here in oh-so-prosperous and educated America, a guy claiming to be Jesus ripped off a scarf from a Muslim woman (who was delivering food to him) and strangled her with it.

I love the fact that she totally ****ed his **** right up when he tried. Take a look at his mug shot. 0022-roflmao.gif

painter.jpg

Yet another wonderful example of ignorance about Islam.

I'm a strong Christian...but I did research Islam for a book and found out that just like there's many, many different kinds of protestant churches, there's many, many different interpretations of Sharia law, and there's many different Sunni sects, and there's even different interpretations of jihad.

Obviously you didn't do that much research or you would have learned there are only three immutable definitions of jihad:

A believer's internal struggle to live out the Muslim faith as well as possible;
The struggle to build a good Muslim society;
Holy war: the struggle to defend Islam, with force if necessary.

You haven't read the koran with understanding. These concepts are not open to interpretation. Only methods of implementation which are not discussed in the koran are not considered beyond the subjugation, submission to the words of the prophet. And note the third definition, "defend" not mohamed's conversion by the sword. "All must submit or die, by the word of mohamed the last prophet from Allah." Yup, the same poseur who defined jihad.

From Ibn Ahmed Massouffa, the Sufi poet, "We live a life of lies we tell ourselves."

Obviously you didn't do that much research or you would have learned there are only three immutable definitions of jihad:

A believer's internal struggle to live out the Muslim faith as well as possible;

You haven't read the koran with understanding. These concepts are not open to interpretation. Only methods of implementation which are not discussed in the koran are not considered beyond the subjugation, submission to the words of the prophet. And note the third definition, "defend" not mohamed's conversion by the sword. "All must submit or die, by the word of mohamed the last prophet from Allah." Yup, the same poseur who defined jihad.

From Ibn Ahmed Massouffa, the Sufi poet, "We live a life of lies we tell ourselves."

I said, "there's even different interpretations of jihad".

You actually proved my point, for you listed three of them:

A "believer's internal struggle to live out the faith" is NOT the same as "the struggle to build a good Muslim society", and neither of those is the same as "the struggle to defend Islam, with force if necessary".

Thank you for backing me up!

That being said, forcing other people to accept Islam is NOT in accordance with the Qur'an. The "all must submit or die" line refers to those who either pretended to be Muslim or who were actually trying to harm Muslims:

Looking at the preceding verses we learn the following:

Verse 88 tells us that the pronoun “them” is referring to hypocrites who pretend to be Muslim on the outside but are actually spies and informants.
Verse 89 tells us that if these hypocrites turn and fight you, then you are allowed to fight them back.
Verse 90 tells us that Muslims are not allowed to touch anyone who does not want to fight.
In this example, it becomes crystal clear that “them” is referring to a group of hypocrites who are trying to harm and kill the Muslims. It would have been sufficient in this case to simply quote more of the verse: “So if they neither withdraw, nor offer you peace, nor restrain themselves from fighting you, then seize them and kill them wherever you find them: We give you clear authority against these type of people.” (Qur’an, 4:91)

But wait! There's more!

There is not a single verse in the Qur’an which says to harm another person because of their not being a Muslim. On the contrary, there are several verses which talk about respecting non-Muslims. To further clarify the matter about forced conversion to Islam, let’s look at these verses:

There is no compulsion in religion…” (Qur’an, 2:256)
“Had your Lord wanted, all the people on earth would have believed. So will you force people to believe?” (Qur’an, 10:99)
So warn them: your only task is to warn, you’re not supposed to force them.” (Qur’an, 88:21-22)
“He does not forbid you to deal kindly and justly with anyone who has not fought you for your faith and driven you out of your homes, God loves the just.” (Qur’an, 60:8)

The second source in Islam, after the Qur’an, are the statements made by the Prophet Muhammad ﷺ. Let’s see what he said about non-Muslims and how to force them to join Islam:

Whoever kills an innocent non-Muslim will not even smell the fragrance of Paradise.” [Bukhārī]

I did my research a long time ago (while you still seem to have much to learn)...and I am Christian, not Muslim. But as a Christian, I must be truthful and factual...even when it comes to sticking up for those whose religions are different from my own.

That being said, there ARE Muslims who use the verse you quoted as their excuse to commit atrocities, just as many "Christians" did in the past. But the fact that some used verses out of context to commit atrocities (as those "Christians" did that I listed in my earlier post) does not automatically obviate the entire religion.

The whore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom