• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So let's pretend Republicans are right about race for a second...

Damn good question. Why blacks? Desperate third world immigrants come here and in short time are up and running.
It's likely the other poster's theory I was referring to was simply incorrect.

So it appears the democrats have been effectively controlling blacks and their thought process. Is it the victim / oppressor propaganda or a life of free stuff.
I am unsure of what that other poster thinks about it.

A simpler answer which has not been offered nor ruled out is that the GOP does not represent the interests of black Americans.
The GOP lets out a whole lot of racist dog whistles, opposes police reform and various increased civil rights protections, keeps white supremacists in their ranks (even in the WH)

If we rule out these more obvious potential reasons for the discrepancy in GOP support among black Americans,
then we should consider the Democrat mind-control or black-ppl-cant-resist-free-stuff theories.

Till then, we should probably focus on the simpler, more obvious theories.
imho

Based on that comment, I not sure you appreciate how "inherently and offensively racist" it is.
Oh, my friend, you are more thoroughly indoctrinated than even I thought. First, of course, your post is utter nonsense, when you say it is "designed to attack the person, and not their arguments" - that is literally the opposite of the statement as it explicitly - literally says - "that post". I stand by it, and I'll elaborate, now that you have left out the shovel. Let's turn to the lack of substance of your response, instead, shall we?

1. I am a Black American, and according to Leftist Dogma I cannot possibly be racist. Only White people (i.e. those who control "The System") can be racist. (Sarcasm). In fact, I was offering a rational opinion which is in no way racist. (Truth).
Horse**** from beginning to end. In fact, it's rather amusing that way. I suspect it's because you have no idea what "leftist dogma" is, except for what fits into your incredibly cramped and narrowly sculpted worldview that rejects EVERYTHING that doesn't fit the specific pattern you've created in your head. I expect no more. Let us begin your education:

Racism is: "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group, typically one that is a minority or marginalized." Note: There is nothing in that definition that defines the holder of that prejudice. It is about the behavior and expressions of the beholder. Your preference is to limit that artificial definition because of your own prejudices, inherent and expressed: you don't like liberal thought, so any "bad" construction is labeled that way. You have exhibited an inordinate passion for labels. (I'm particularly amused by your labeling of opinions as "truth". God, you're funny - and yes, that was a personal observation.) Racism is a specie of prejudice, but it is not the only one.

Racism is not limited to a single race, never has been. I've observed it within all kinds of communities - including, and maybe especially, "blue" ones. Entire libraries can be filled with the volumes printed on the subject (and, come to think of it, are). I'm sure you have observed it too, as your "sarcasm" notation reflects. In this instance, I don't give a flying **** at a rolling donut what race you are, I care about your cavalier expressions of dismissal and derision of others.

Why do I believe that your post is "inherently and offensively racist"? Let's go back to that definition - it demonstrates "prejudice, discrimination, or antagonism directed against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular racial or ethnic group". The entire implication of the post is that blacks (this is a thread about race, after all) are "welfare dependent" and Democrats are "reinforcing dependency". This is the sine qua non of the white privilege doctrine. That canard has been spread far and wide to support suppressive policies. How can you buy into that horse****? DO YOU NOT RECOGNIZE ITS ROOTS?

I could exceed the character limitations in every post by cataloging that history, so I won't. Instead, I'll leave it at this: US black-white inequality in 6 stark charts (CNN). That didn't just "happen" - it was the result of centuries of deliberate policies and social organization.

The race card is a way of life for some.
I don't play cards. It appear race is an obsession of yours, based upon your posting history.

Ever and always with leftists. Sure...it failed when Obama did it but when its successful when Trump was in office OBAMA did it. Unless of course it DOESNT work in which case Trump did it.

Moronic Deflection.

• Can you rebut the FACT that Job Growth numbers have simply maintained the SAME rate Trump inherited from Obama?
  • Can you rebut the FACT that UE numbers have simply maintained the same trend Trump inherited from Obama?
  • Can you rebut the FACT that Median Incomes have continued on the same trend that Trump inherited from Obama?
  • Can you rebut the FACT that the S&P has simply maintained the same upward trajectory that Trump inherited from Obama?
  • Can you rebut the FACT that GDP growth has simply maintained the same trajectory that Trump inherited from Obama?
Answer (to all 5 questions): NO, you can't. And you know it.

• Can you rebut the FACT that the Trade Deficit has dramatically WORSENED under Trump?
  • Can you rebut the FACT that the Federal Defict and Debt has dramatically WORSENED under Trump?
  • Can you rebut the FACT that Business Investment in the U.S. has dramatically WORSENED under Trump (even after the Trump tax cuts, which were directed almost entirely (i.e. 85%) toward corporations and the top 1%)?
Answer (to all 3 of the above)? NO, you can't. And you know it.

You can't rebut the FACTS, so you deflect. That's what ideologues do. But the FACTS all show (as I previously documented with links) that the so-called "Trump Economy" is nothing more than a continuation of the Obama economy. From employment numbers...to GDP...to Median Incomes...to the S&P 500...etc. etc....the FACTS are not debatable. And your fact-free, non-sequitur rebuttals indicate that you understand this, as well. You're just a far-right winger, so you can't admit it. Honesty and integrity are simply not in the DNA of right-wingers. At least, not any more.

That you (and people like you) believe that Trump created a "great economy" is a mark of intellectual shame. Whether you people understand that, or not, is of no significance to me.

Mindless leftists are mindless.

:lamo

Ignorant fakenews Righties.

more lies from the left and here i thought they hated lies?
i guess not.

YOu will not find a conservative that is against social helping. Social helping is supposed to be meant as an emergency in case something happens to you and there comes a point of time that
something is out of your control.

It was not meant as a lifestyle on which people are permanently getting help from the government.

We understand that sometimes things happen outside your control.

The brookings institute says you need to do 3 things to make it to middle class.

1. Complete high school and go to trade school or at least get a 2 year degree.
2. Don't have a kid out of wedlock
3. Get a full time job.

Nationwide, black students graduated at a rate of 69 percent; Hispanics graduated at 73 percent; whites graduated at a rate of 86 percent

when you have 31% of your high school age kids not graduating high school that is a major problem when it comes to future wealth generation.
also by not graduating high school they are more likely to be involved in crime or other illegal activities.

this is cultural and choice based. you don't see this in hispanics, white and even asians.
91% of asian kids graduate high school.

They are also becoming one of the wealthiest classes of people out there.
For an asian to get into a upper league college they have to score almost double what a black student has to score to get in.

Told by the folks that are antiscience, and antischool. Democrats are PROdegree. I dont know where you heard otherwise.

What about this approach disproportionately attracts black Americas' support?

Why don't white Americans also support the Democrats in the same percentages as black Americans?
Waitaminite... are you bringing logic to a partisan fight? Who do you think you are, a "in-tea-lectual"?

Do blacks have to be appealed to? Are they needing special favor from the Sugar Daddy? I thought they were people like everyone.

...CLEARLY, the words of someone who has no association with the African-American community, and doesn't even know many (any?) black people. What an ignorant comment. White conservatives can be so damned shallow and paternalistic in their thinking, especially when it comes to issues of race.

Let's use your question, and re-frame it, shall we?

Do white evangelicals need to be appealed to? Do white nationalists need to be appealed to? Do rural whites need to be appealed to?

Do they need "special favors" from their "Sugar Daddies" (i.e. the GOP)??

Please, be candid in your response.

Party's make their case on policy and people vote accordingly.
Yes, they do. The GOP has made it's case and appealed (in both policy and rhetoric) to whites with high levels of anger, frustration, fear and resentment toward racial, religious and ethnic minorities. And that reality is absolutely reflected in the make up of the GOP's voting constituency, as well as the LACK of support from African-Americans (or ANY other non-white demographic). The GOP lies to ignorant white conservatives by telling them that minorities are the source of all that ails American society...and that "the government" is rigged against white and/or rural Americans...and that "liberal academia" and the "MSM" are conspiring against them. And white conservatives are gullible and stupid enough to believe their GOP Sugar Daddy, because that's a LOT more preferable than looking themselves in the mirror.

The GOP is the party of angry, poorly educated white conservatives with high levels of racial resentment and fear. That's why so few minorities support it.

Unfortunately blacks fell for the condescending bullcrap of the democrat party. Blue cities, blue states, same urban hell on earth. Crime, no jobs, broken families, failed schools, drugs murder, chaos. After 50 years you would think blacks would reconsider the democrat utopia.
More simple-minded white privilege nonsense from you.

Let's see....

Unfortunately, whites fell for the condescending bullcrap of their Gop'er Pimp (i.e. states that have been solidly red for the last 4+ decades) ALWAYS rank among the WORST in the U.S. in every major standard of living index:

After 4+ decades, one would THINK that white conservatives would revolt against, and reject, the "utopia" message of their GOP pimp, right?

Right, Aurora?

Blacks like third world immigration are just a voting power bloc.
White conservatives (evangelical and catholic), and white nationalists/supremacists (for whom a Venn diagram looks like a circle) are just a voting power bloc for the GOP. They have been duped into voting AGAINST their own best economic interests for 40+ years because their fear and bigotry are more important to them than their desire for a better life for themselves and their children.

The irony of this little exercise in comparative analyses should be clear to you, by now. Obviously, like most entltled, paternalistic white people, you see African-Americans as a less-honorable, less-worthy, less-authentic, less-intelligent "voting bloc" than....people like you (i.e. conservative white people who vote GOP). Of course, that's just absurd...but it's how you people think.

Perhaps the high abortion rates the left loves will lower the future pain.
Very classy.

But, "perhaps" the high death rates of the GOP's base (i.e. old, rural whites who live in "Red" states with the worst health care and education, etc.) will do the same for your side.

Last edited:
Unfortunately blacks fell for the condescending bullcrap of the democrat party.

So you clearly think black people are all morons? Is it really that hard to figure out why everyone calls you a racist?

Back
Top Bottom