• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

So GOP.Why the love affair with business?

He was able to look at a graph clearly showing the Bush Mortgage Bubble starting in 2004 and say it started in 1999. Oh he
had his folksy anecdotal story to explain his belief but I wasn't looking for his folky anecdotal story. I was asking based on the graphs, when did it look like the "dramatic" rise in prices started. He’s yet to answer the question. Oh and he did the ole “argue something I didn’t post” routine also. Its another classic conservative dodge. But again, his affliations were not the point of my post.

Also, I asked how “Obamacare” fit into his narrative that the “goodie basket for business is as full as ever” and he responded to a post he had already responded to ( in post 21 he responded to my post 20. In 22 I asked him about Obamacare. in post 40 he responded to 20 again) . I only find cons do that. It allows them to pretend they are responding to the thread while ignoring a particular post. But again, why is everybody concerned about my opinion. People have no problem ignoring the facts I post. Seems like it would be a piece of cake to ignore my opinion of Speckle.

Hey turtle, you seem like a smart guy. can you look at some graphs and tell me what and when looks like a bubble to you.

When I give an account of the Democrat mandated Bubble, it's a thorough and specific account from the Genesis to the Pinniacle to the end with multiple sources, facts, video's, quotes and documents, and it typically scares VERN off as it is too " wordy."

It's OK, others read it and realize how ridiculous VERNS argument is.

VERN will post 2 graphs and then his far reaching interpolations that suite his twisted view of reality.

And yes, Turtle is a smart cookie Vern, how did you guess ? Without a personal reference to a level of intelligence, it was an amazing leap for you.

When I give an account of the Democrat mandated Bubble, it's a thorough and specific account from the Genesis to the Pinniacle to the end with multiple sources, facts, video's, quotes and documents, and it typically scares VERN off as it is too " wordy."

that's hysterical fenton. Yes you post a lot of quotes but strangely you leave the important quotes from Bush and Oxley and you leave out the even more important policies that Bush implemented in 2004. And 2004 is important because Bush, the fed and actual mortgage data told you the bush mortgage bubble started late 2004. How could a 'thorough and specific account' leave those facts out? It cant. so you keep posting irrelevant and out of context quotes and lying editorials. I'll keep posting the facts.

er uh fenton, maybe you can squeeze this into your pointless 50,000 word narrative

Strong opposition by the Bush administration forced a top Republican congressman to delay a vote on a bill that would create a new regulator for mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Oxley pulls Fannie, Freddie bill under heat from Bush - MarketWatch

Despite what appeared to be a broad consensus on GSE regulatory reform, efforts quickly stalled. A legislative markup scheduled for October 8, 2003, in the House of Representatives was halted because the Bush administration withdrew its support for the bill,

http://www.frbatlanta.org/filelegacydocs/er04_framewhite.pdf

that's hysterical fenton. Yes you post a lot of quotes but strangely you leave the
important quotes from Bush and Oxley and you leave out the even more important policies that Bush implemented in 2004. And 2004 is
important because Bush, the fed and actual mortgage data told you the bush mortgage bubble started late 2004. How could a 'thorough and specific account' leave those facts out? It cant. so you keep posting irrelevant and out of context quotes and lying editorials. I'll keep posting the facts.

er uh fenton, maybe you can squeeze this into your pointless 50,000 word narrative

Strong opposition by the Bush administration forced a top Republican congressman to delay a vote on a bill that would create a new regulator for mortgage giants Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac.

Oxley pulls Fannie, Freddie bill under heat from Bush - MarketWatch

Despite what appeared to be a broad consensus on GSE regulatory reform, efforts quickly stalled. A legislative markup scheduled for October 8, 2003, in the House of Representatives was halted because the Bush administration withdrew its support for the bill,

http://www.frbatlanta.org/filelegacydocs/er04_framewhite.pdf

SEE ??!!

Th same links over and over and over.

Hey VERN, Oxley was the House Chairman who put forth HR. 1461, that among other things created a slush fund for Fannie and Freddie, increased the value of the loans they could purchase to 700,000 and put off a NEW Regulatory body for a entire year.

It's why HR1461 was knocked down by the Bush administration. It was poisoned by Barney Frank.

Meanwhile Democrats, 72 of them were sending a letter to Bush warning him not to touch the extremely corrupt Fannie Mae.

Educate yourself so you'll stop EMBARRASSING yourself.

Hey VERN, Oxley was the House Chairman who put forth HR. 1461, that among other things created a slush fund for Fannie and Freddie, increased the value of the loans they could purchase to 700,000 and put off a NEW Regulatory body for a entire year.

It's why HR1461 was knocked down by the Bush administration. It was poisoned by Barney Frank.

yet another Fenton Fact [SUP]©[/SUP]. Er uh fenton, HR 1461 would have required Freddie and fannie to raise capital levels. it would greatly slowed their purchases if they had to build up capital levels. And fenton, that's why Bush was against it. It would have hurt his mortgage bubble. Well he just thought it was a housing boom until it went boom. And fenton, what proves that point is Bush told you that's why he was against it. And then when you read about his policies that encouraged, funded and protected the mortgage bubble, it shows a clear trend.

here's another quote that doesn't quite make your pointless 50,000 word narrative

STATEMENT OF ADMINISTRATION POLICY
The Administration strongly believes that the housing GSEs should be focused on their core housing mission, particularly with respect to low-income Americans and first-time homebuyers. Instead, provisions of H.R. 1461 that expand mortgage purchasing authority would lessen the housing GSEs' commitment to low-income homebuyers.
George W. Bush: Statement of Administration Policy: H.R. 1461 - Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2005

SEE ??!!

Th same links over and over and over.

can someone explain to fenton what "hypocrite" means. And tell him I'm posting actual facts.
[

yet another Fenton Fact [SUP]©[/SUP]. Er uh
fenton, HR 1461 would have required Freddie and fannie to raise capital levels. it would greatly slowed their purchases if they had to build up capital levels. And fenton, that's why Bush was against it. It would have hurt his mortgage bubble. Well he just thought it was a housing boom until it went boom. And fenton, what proves that point is Bush told you that's why he was against it. And then when you read about his policies that encouraged, funded and protected the mortgage bubble, it shows a clear trend.

here's another quote that doesn't quite make your pointless 50,000 word narrative

STATEMENT OF ADMINISTRATION POLICY
The Administration strongly believes that the housing GSEs should be focused on their core housing mission, particularly with respect to low-income Americans and first-time homebuyers. Instead, provisions of H.R. 1461 that expand mortgage purchasing authority would lessen the housing GSEs' commitment to low-income homebuyers.
George W. Bush: Statement of Administration Policy: H.R. 1461 - Federal Housing Finance Reform Act of 2005

can someone explain to fenton what "hypocrite" means. And tell him I'm posting actual facts.
[

You have yet to post any facts VERN.

Iv'e already informed you why Bush didn't want anything to do with HR1461. It put off regulatory action for a year AND created a massive slush fund for Fannie Mae plus it increased their ceiling for large loans.

Bush's housing iniative included toughening standards and increasing affordable housing through FHA loans, oh and by the way B.Franks vote on HR1460 was a big fat NAY.

Bush was in favor of the far stricter S.190 which the Democrats opposed. 11-9 vote in the Committee.

From 2004, FYO2005 Budget.. " The administration has determined that the safety and soundness Regulators of the Housing GSEs lack sufficient ppwer and statue to meet their responsibillities and therefore should be replaced with a strengthened regulator.".

You want me to post the 17 other quotes from the Bush administration that show Regulatory action on the GSEs was purely a Republican iniative ? So you can ignore them ?

Still waiting for you to post any Democrat iniative whatsoever to regulate the growing and corrupt Democrat run GSEs.

Last edited:

oh fenton that just proves you have issues that require professional help.
Iv'e already informed you why Bush didn't want anything to do with HR1461. It put off regulatory action for a year AND created a massive slush fund for Fannie Mae plus it increased their ceiling for large loans.

You know fenton, I've seen no editorials about HR 1461. Probably because it doesn't help the lying conservative narrative about the Bush Mortgage Bubble. So please back up your statements remembering of course Bush said he was against it because it "would lessen the housing GSEs' commitment to low-income homebuyers. "

Bush's housing iniative included toughening standards and increasing affordable housing through FHA loans, oh and by the way B.Franks vote on HR1460 was a big fat NAY.

Bush was in favor of the far stricter S.190 which the Democrats opposed. 11-9 vote in the Committee..

You're right about Franks voting against HR 1461 but you don't know the story behind it. The rest of that quote is just more Fenton Facts [SUP]©[/SUP].
From 2004, FYO2005 Budget.. " The administration has determined that the safety and soundness Regulators of the Housing GSEs lack sufficient ppwer and statue to meet their responsibillities and therefore should be replaced with a strengthened regulator.".

You want me to post the 17 other quotes from the Bush administration that show Regulatory action on the GSEs was purely a Republican iniative ? So you can ignore them ?..

geez more quotes. Fenton, why not address bush's policies that encouraged, funded and protected the Bush Mortgage Bubble that started in late 2004. oh that's right. you cant. just work on backing up your ever increasing list of Fenton Facts [SUP]©[/SUP].

Bush was in favor of the far stricter S.190 which the Democrats opposed. 11-9 vote in the Committee.

You want me to post the 17 other quotes from the Bush administration that show Regulatory action on the GSEs was purely a Republican iniative ? So you can ignore them ?

Still waiting for you to post any Democrat iniative whatsoever to regulate the growing and corrupt Democrat run GSEs.

What do you have to say about the conservatives hands off attitude causing both the great depression and the great recession? Supply side economics led us towards both disasters.

As long as the industrial revolution the GOP has been lap dogs for the rich and business and against anythig that impowers workers and I want to know why when those same institutions are responsible for the most part of this great recession. I say take them to the cleaners for outsourcing,laying off while making record profits. When will the right wing stand up for the common worker? Don't hold your breath.

Good point. How did that well-known Republican, The Rahmfather, manage to become such a wealthy plutocrat?

What do you have to say about the conservatives hands off attitude causing both the great depression and the great recession? Supply side economics led us towards both disasters.

Barney Frank and Chris Dodd were both crowing about the health and security of Fannie and Freddie right up to the crash.

Is it true that Mr. Frank is helping out the New York Democrat party by wearing a button that says, "I Like Wiener"?

As long as the industrial revolution the GOP has been lap dogs for the rich and business and against anythig that impowers workers and I want to know why when those same institutions are responsible for the most part of this great recession. I say take them to the cleaners for outsourcing,laying off while making record profits. When will the right wing stand up for the common worker? Don't hold your breath.

A very deeply emotional set of accusations.... where are the facts?

Don't play stupid. The facts speak for themself. Every time we try to raise the minimum wadge or hold business accountable the right defends them. That is fact.

Don't play stupid. The facts speak for themself. Every time we try to raise the minimum wadge or hold business accountable the right defends them. That is fact.

I see... facts speak to you,,, but you have issues writing them down. Who is playing stupid? Typical liberal tirade. The Hillary screech. FYI - I am for raising the minimum wage, but only for citizens.

Progressives never deal in facts.

I'm pretty sure they don't agree with them.

Back
Top Bottom